BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool (A) - Tuesday 25th August

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This really grinds on me. How can a supporter of a club not want to pay £5.99 to watch their team play and yet believe that they have a god given right to judge anyone and everything at the club?

We all want new players at the club. We all accept that COVid has stripped cash out of our club. We all judge the owners on what they “should” be spending. Yet we take no responsibility for actually ‘supporting’ the club other than pass opinion? I just don’t get it. 

As a season ticket holder, I think I have the right to my opinions and will continue to share them, regardless of whether you feel that I have the right to. You said you are either in or youre out. If having a season ticket, attending away games where possible but declining to pay Blackpool 6 quid to watch a friendly makes me "out" then that is your opinion.

Even if you are a fan who pays hundreds of pounds a year to support Rovers as I do, it doesnt mean that you cant criticise the pricing or indeed refrain from paying. Maybe you are sitting on much more money than me and go to all 46 games, friendlies, cup games, under 23 games, the lot. I didnt go to some away games last year due to cost. If they put season tickets up to 5 grand I wouldnt go, there is not unlimited price elasticity. Tonights price hasnt even been set by and indeed wont be received by Rovers anyway.

My "judging" of the owners is like many others based on their negligence, their strange ways of working and the fact that they have ground us down over the last decade to an imitation of the club they bought. Finance is well down the list of gripes. I have repeatedly said that I understand that this summer will be tight financially but my criticism was always based on their typical dallying.

Thats all I will say on the matter.

• Like 5

• Backroom

Ordered this for tonight. Looking forward to seeing how Dolan and Chapman do tonight as they both looked great vs Fleetwood. 

£6 isn't cheap for a friendly stream but the clubs need the cash at the minute so it's understandable and no qualms from me! 

• Like 5

If it is £6 on Saturday against Doncaster I'd probably pay it but I'll pass on tonight.

Cant complain about the clubs trying to raise a bit of cash though. On a normal year you wouldn't be able to watch it at home at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As a season ticket holder, I think I have the right to my opinions and will continue to share them, regardless of whether you feel that I have the right to. You said you are either in or youre out. If having a season ticket, attending away games where possible but declining to pay Blackpool 6 quid to watch a friendly makes me "out" then that is your opinion.

Even if you are a fan who pays hundreds of pounds a year to support Rovers as I do, it doesnt mean that you cant criticise the pricing or indeed refrain from paying. Maybe you are sitting on much more money than me and go to all 46 games, friendlies, cup games, under 23 games, the lot. I didnt go to some away games last year due to cost. If they put season tickets up to 5 grand I wouldnt go, there is not unlimited price elasticity. Tonights price hasnt even been set by and indeed wont be received by Rovers anyway.

My "judging" of the owners is like many others based on their negligence, their strange ways of working and the fact that they have ground us down over the last decade to an imitation of the club they bought. Finance is well down the list of gripes. I have repeatedly said that I understand that this summer will be tight financially but my criticism was always based on their typical dallying.

Thats all I will say on the matter.

Tbh as long as supporters are supporting their club I have no bones with it. You are contributing to your club and I have every respect for that, genuinely. I appreciate that I replied to you but my intention wasn’t to call you out specifically and I apologise for that.

It was an emotive post because I just really struggle with those who won’t put their hand in their pocket but expect the world from others.

• Like 2

Would like to see Gallagher through the middle tonight. Not because I enjoy watching his play much but mainly because people often discuss his "out of position"ness as an excuse for his goals and assists record. Through the middle, up top where he should be, against League One opposition, let's see how he does in my opinion.

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looking out of the window at the weather and listening to the forecast for tonight it's unlikely to be feast of flowing football unfortunately. The ball will most likely be in the air as much as it's on the ground.

It has been absolutely relentless all day. Wouldn't be surprised if they called this off!

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looking out of the window at the weather and listening to the forecast for tonight it's unlikely to be feast of flowing football unfortunately. The ball will most likely be in the air as much as it's on the ground.

Why in the air ? When it is blowing a gale you try to keep it on the deck.

25 minutes ago, Madon said:

It has been absolutely relentless all day. Wouldn't be surprised if they called this off!

It hasn’t been as bad on the coast today, but it is tipping down now. It was the same at the friendly last season.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why in the air ? When it is blowing a gale you try to keep it on the deck.

You can try but the wind might have different ideas. I've seen goal kicks in amateur football barely get 25 yards out of the penalty area down the pitch before the ball was blown back towards goal by the wind. Keep the ball as near to the ground as you can is the only way to play.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Your right, I can’t even see the goals.

Ha!

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It's years since I went to Blackpool, but what the hell is that doingy thing? ?

It's a dart, a row of them on the new front they had built in reference to the darts championships that are held there.

Got an email from Rovers about tonights game. I clicked on the link to register. I can do anything but register. It tells me to put in my user name and the password I selected etc. There are loads of questions and answers but none about registration. I typed "registration" into the help box. Answer was did not recognise the word.

Another shockingly awful web site put together by goons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Would like to see Gallagher through the middle tonight. Not because I enjoy watching his play much but mainly because people often discuss his "out of position"ness as an excuse for his goals and assists record. Through the middle, up top where he should be, against League One opposition, let's see how he does in my opinion.

Sounds like you're banking on him having a poor game. If only to justify your views on him. 

22 minutes ago, bazza said:

Got an email from Rovers about tonights game. I clicked on the link to register. I can do anything but register. It tells me to put in my user name and the password I selected etc. There are loads of questions and answers but none about registration. I typed "registration" into the help box. Answer was did not recognise the word.

Another shockingly awful web site put together by goons.

Bazza, when you click on photo in the email advertising the game you get to a page which has a rovers badge (with a play button) under text which says watch now. Click on that play button .

On the next page you get the option to buy (blackpool game) , click on that and it gives you a new pop up were you can log in  or sign up.  (There is also a very faded grey text box to agree to the terms, that you must tick , I missed it the first couple of times when it wouldn't register the details) 

Think as been mentioned earlier the only option to purchase is credit card unfortunately, so giving it a miss. 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Bazza, when you click on photo in the email advertising the game you get to a page which has a rovers badge (with a play button) under text which says watch now. Click on that play button .

On the next page you get the option to buy (blackpool game) , click on that and it gives you a new pop up were you can log in  or sign up.  (There is also a very faded grey text box to agree to the terms, that you must tick , I missed it the first couple of times when it wouldn't register the details) 

Think as been mentioned earlier the only option to purchase is credit card unfortunately. 

Thanks Perth Blue ?  I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Sounds like you're banking on him having a poor game. If only to justify your views on him. 

He’s not travelled. But no, I was hoping for him to feature Up top so I could be proved wrong by all the people who say his issues are positional.