BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackpool (A) - Tuesday 25th August

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers offering the service for £5.99 for the Blackpool game

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/august/streaming-service-provided-for-blackpool-friendly/

£5.99 for a match? Pass.

The pricing strategy is all wrong. They should be getting people to sign up for the platform not cashing in. Is this Blackpool’s in-house media team?

And the marketing: “Match graphics” wow - you won’t have to remember the score! “four cameras” no way! “Commentary” talking pictures! “Replays” wave to the future (or the past)!

32 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I assume you reported the moron to the nearest steward/police officer at the time?

this was the late 60`s all the police were interested in was hitting you with a truncheon and getting you on the nearest transport out of town at the end of the game,carried on this way till the early 90`s,lancs police were never known for their tolerance of football fans,though not as bad as west midlands police,who absolutely hated all football fans?

A bloke was telling me about the ammonia thing a few years ago he said it was always rough at the seaside. Also mentioned something about a rovers fan who used to go to these games in a long trench coat with a machete inside it.  

Crazy stuff these wannabes now don't know how safe they've got it hurling abuse from behind rows of empty seats, netting, stewards and coppers !  

Once went to Man City at Maine Rd and some lads near the fence started giving it the come on to the City faces at the other side. Within mins they were over the fence and in, coppers stood and watched for about 5 mins before they waded in !

Anyway back to Blackpool, a similar approach to Saturdays game but a much closer contest.

2-2

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

£5.99 for a match? Pass.

The pricing strategy is all wrong. They should be getting people to sign up for the platform not cashing in. Is this Blackpool’s in-house media team?

And the marketing: “Match graphics” wow - you won’t have to remember the score! “four cameras” no way! “Commentary” talking pictures! “Replays” wave to the future (or the past)!

You do realise that the "pricing strategy" has nothing to do with BRFC don't you? 

And "the platform" is not iFollow, it's something called InPlayer which Blackpool have used to make their home friendly games available to their fans? 

I don't know if you took advantage of the free YouTube coverage of the Fleetwood game on Saturday, I for one was delighted to get pictures of a game I'm not allowed to travel to. 

Same tomorrow. Don't care if the money benefits Rovers or Blackpool, God knows they've been through shocking times recently so if my money helps them and not us then so be it. And 6 quid is a whole lot less than I'd have spent physically attending the match. 

Which I'm not allowed to do. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Yes, me to.  The smell was horrific, made my eyes water for a time as well.

From memory, i think that was the last ever game to be played on Christmas Day ?

The last Xmas day fixture was indeed Blackpool/ Rovers in 1965, but it was a different fixture date re the ammonia incident.

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

this was the late 60`s all the police were interested in was hitting you with a truncheon and getting you on the nearest transport out of town at the end of the game,carried on this way till the early 90`s,lancs police were never known for their tolerance of football fans,though not as bad as west midlands police,who absolutely hated all football fans?

I should have written my comment in the language of sarcasm. You don’t need to tell me about the “policing” at football grounds in that era. I had my long hair pulled on more than one occasion by the boys in blue simply for wearing my Rovers scarf at away grounds. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

You do realise that the "pricing strategy" has nothing to do with BRFC don't you? 

And "the platform" is not iFollow, it's something called InPlayer which Blackpool have used to make their home friendly games available to their fans? 

I don't know if you took advantage of the free YouTube coverage of the Fleetwood game on Saturday, I for one was delighted to get pictures of a game I'm not allowed to travel to. 

Same tomorrow. Don't care if the money benefits Rovers or Blackpool, God knows they've been through shocking times recently so if my money helps them and not us then so be it. And 6 quid is a whole lot less than I'd have spent physically attending the match. 

Which I'm not allowed to do. 

Fill your boots

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

£5.99 for a match? Pass.

Its Blackpool who have force us to have to charge 5.99 pounds for the game. I think Rovers would have preferred it to be free to all fans. 

It will be interesting to how we can watch Saturday League cup game and whether we will be charge. Same with the Everton game

On 23/08/2020 at 13:05, roversfan99 said:

£5.99 to watch a stream of a friendly! Be amazed if anyone takes them up on that.

This really grinds on me. How can a supporter of a club not want to pay £5.99 to watch their team play and yet believe that they have a god given right to judge anyone and everything at the club?

We all want new players at the club. We all accept that COVid has stripped cash out of our club. We all judge the owners on what they “should” be spending. Yet we take no responsibility for actually ‘supporting’ the club other than pass opinion? I just don’t get it. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Must admit, I don’t think £6 is a lot for a stream of a match. A ticket to the actual game would be roughly £10, but obviously that’s not an option at the moment, so it’s certainly better than nothing!
That being said, I’ll probably not bother watching it, but it won’t be because of the price!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This really grinds on me. How can a supporter of a club not want to pay £5.99 to watch their team play and yet believe that they have a god given right to judge anyone and everything at the club?

We all want new players at the club. We all accept that COVid has stripped cash out of our club. We all judge the owners on what they “should” be spending. Yet we take no responsibility for actually ‘supporting’ the club other than pass opinion? I just don’t get it. 

Thought it was a service provided by Blackpool?

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought it was a service provided by Blackpool?

Maybe. Unclear on profit share also. But the point still stands imo. You’re either in or your out. Don’t complain about the owners not pumping in another £20m and then refuse to pay £5.99 to watch your own team play. Makes no sense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A competitive game? Absolutely.

However fans are still consumers and expect value, £5.99 is steep for a friendly on a stream.

£6!!? My mrs “nips” to the shop for some “bits” and gets through £50 these days. ??

Maybe it’s me but I don’t think it’s excessive. 

• Like 2