BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Doncaster Rovers (H) CARABAO CUP RND1 - Sat 29th Aug

Doncaster Rovers (H) - Carabao Cup Round One - Saturday 29th August 2020 - 15:00 Kick-Off @ Ewood Park 

Streaming: Game will be available to view but no news whatsoever on who will be able to access and how given that Rovers haven't released any club communications for months. SkySportsNews will be showing the goals at they go in I would imagine, which may be a good option for those with the service. Edit: available via iFollow 

Injuries: Ryan Nyambe (Confirmed), Sam Gallagher (Doubt), Dack (Confirmed).

I guess one of the main questions involves a certain Tyryhs Dolan, who's played admirably across two substitute appearances in the friendlies up at Fleetwood Town and Blackpool. A goal and an assist inside 50-something minutes of football for a young 18-year-old who's never made an official senior debut is fairly impressive, albeit against some questionable defences. Able to play out on the left-wing or the right, I think given Brereton's two goals it'll be a question of whether Harry Chapman starts on the left or if Tyryhs Dolan does. Joe Rothwell came through the week uninjured after coming off against Fleetwood Town, so will be available for selection.

Effectively another glorified friendly, with the competition losing meaning season upon season, and Rovers setting up to play on their third game of pre-season. With Ryan Nyambe unable to play, Joe Rankin-Costello is expected to be given a start at right-back, although there's always a possibility with Mowbray that Elliott Bennett takes the spot. You'd expect Lenihan and Wharton to be given the nod to start together as the defensive pairing, and despite a below average performance last night, I don't think anyone would expect anybody other than Amari'i Bell to start at left-back. Both Corry Evans and Bradley Johnson had better pre-seasons than they did end to BCD seasons. In-fact I've seen many posters and social media comments along the lines of, Travis was the worst of the three over those two games. It may be that somebody like Jacob Davenport ends up starting, but that all comes down to how important Tony Mowbray sees this game as being in the long run.

Questions from me to you:
Your starting XI for the game?
Does Dolan start in your XI or is he better off the bench?
Who's the better keeper, Fisher or Eastham?
Score prediction for the game?

*why on earth I thought this was away I'll never know. Amended!

Edited by JoeH
It’s at Ewood

• K-Hod pinned this topic
  • Backroom
20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Questions from me to you:
Your starting XI for the game?
Does Dolan start in your XI or is he better off the bench?
Who's the better keeper, Fisher or Eastham?
Score prediction for the game?

Starting XI

FISHER

JRC    LENIHAN      WHARTON    BELL

TRAVIS   EVANS

CHAPMAN    HOLTBY    ARMSTRONG

BRERETON

Dolan off the bench for me, we've seen how effective he can be off the bench in the last 2 friendlies, we may need that impact in our first competitive game. 

I haven't seen much of Eastham apart from the last 2 games but although he hasn't had much to do he has impressed me and looked more reassured than Fisher. I'd go with Fisher purely because I have seen more of him and the only time that I've seen him have a poor game was vs Fleetwood in his first game for over 6 months.

Score prediction:

Rovers 3 - 1 Doncaster

Brereton, Chapman, Dolan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madon said:

Starting XI

FISHER

TRAVIS   EVANS

BRERETON

Dolan off the bench for me, we've seen how effective he can be off the bench in the last 2 friendlies, we may need that impact in our first competitive game. 

I haven't seen much of Eastham apart from the last 2 games but although he hasn't had much to do he has impressed me and looked more reassured than Fisher. I'd go with Fisher purely because I have seen more of him and the only time that I've seen him have a poor game was vs Fleetwood in his first game for over 6 months.

Score prediction:

Rovers 3 - 1 Doncaster

I agree with your team choice, with the caviat that Bell is there because there is no one else.

Decent test this better to have a competitive game now rather than friendlies it should happen every season imo. Having said that there'll be even less interest in this comp this season than normal it probably should've been shelved or optional.

Ropey moments in the nets and some poor defending as usual but the fire power will see us through.

Rovers  3   Donny  2

58 minutes ago, Madon said:

Starting XI

FISHER

TRAVIS   EVANS

BRERETON

Score prediction:

Rovers 3 - 1 Doncaster

I'll be amazed if Mowbray goes back to 4231. He's obviously committed to 433/4312.

Edited by joey_big_nose

My XI

Fisher

JRC Lenihan Williams Bennett

Travis    Evans

Chapman Brereton  Armstrong

Gallagher

Fisher and Williams for the shop window.Expect JRC and Bennett to move up either side of the 2. Not a 4-3-1-2 because Travis and Evans don't fit in it. I'd rather have a new LB signed before Friday. Bennett over Bell because we've gone two  periods of a game with Bennett on the field without conceding.

I'll take a win and a clean sheet.

Fisher

JRC    Lenihan    Wharton   Me/Mum/Nan

Holtby

Travis           Davenport 

Dack   

Brereton  Armstrong

• Like 3

I hope Wharton gets the nod, he has had two good, solid loan seasons so has some racked up some decent experience.

As it’s Doncaster, I’d start Dolan, an opportunity to show what he can do, though suspect Chapman will get the nod from Mowbry.

Presume Fisher will be in goal as he got to start both friendlies.

Should be a good game if the friendlies are anything to go by - I’ll pay the £10.

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Criminal not to start our best striker up front.

Dolan to come off the bench.

LINEUP111598466376882.png

Would swap Johnson with Holtby but apart from that agree. Nyambe is probably not available? 

If he is Rankin-Costello LB and drop bell for Ryan.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 10:50, TheRovers1994 said:

Fisher 

Nyambe 

Lenihan 

Wharton 

Bell 

Travis 

Johnson 

JRC

Holtby 

Armstrong