BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Doncaster Rovers (H) CARABAO CUP RND1 - Sat 29th Aug

1 minute ago, Doogs said:

I never have been. Has far to many poor games for me. Not domminate enough..

You can tell he's a converted midfielder. If you didn't know any better, off today's game. You could be forgiven for thinking Wharton was our steadfast centre half and Lenihan the perennial loanee.

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Brereton just missed an open goal.

I cant believe how badly he took the shot. 

And the commentators barely say a word.

There are certain players who are protected and certain others who are dug out for the slightest thing.

Just now, Stuart said:

And the commentators barely say a word.

There are certain players who are protected and certain others who are dug out for the slightest thing.

Yeah. I was also surprised by that. Bell was roasted, fairly. But silence from one of the worst misses I have seen all year. Imagine in we weren't ahead and he did that

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just about to say Ben looked the best of the forwards.... But he's just done a Brereton.

Yeah he's had his best ever competitive game for Rovers I think. But it's been a performance of a winger not really a striker.

So odd to have a 6ft+ striker who seems to want to be a winger - always starting wide and running at players with ball at feet. And hates all the classic centre forward play - ie. getting in the box, heading it, playing back to goal etc (before people say "Mowbray made him like that"  as far as I can tell he was like that at Forest too).

But he has been at his best so far today.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah he's had his best ever competitive game for Rovers I think. But it's been a performance of a winger not really a striker.

So odd to have a 6ft+ striker who seems to want to be a winger - always starting wide and running at players with ball at feet. And hates all the classic centre forward play - ie. getting in the box, heading it, playing back to goal etc (before people say "Mowbray made him like that - as far as I can tell he was like that at Forest too).

But he has been at his best so far today.

I think ironically whichever of Armstrong or Brereton Mowbray decides to play down the middle - they have a quiet game. 

Both seem more comfortable coming in from the wing. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

What's wrong with Armstrong? He looks in a right mood - and did at the end of last season too.

Think that’s just his face.

Fisher will be fine for No. 2

Wharton fine for 3rd choice.

Bell fine for club shop shelf stacker.

• Like 6