BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thomas Kaminski

36 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Sorted for you

bagel.png

Kaminski he is magic. He wears a magic hat...

And when he saw the canteen food he said Not touching that!

Not touching that

Not touching that

Edited by XLM
Couldn't resist
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

One of the funniest interludes I’ve read for a while. Well done chaps.

I do sometimes wonder if Chaddy is a genius of irony though or this whole schtick is part of an act.

Crikey ..imagine if HE'S been playing us off all these years ..sat there laughing at US ... "the gullible  b@stards ... he he he ...".

• Like 3

Very encouraging debut.

The defence parted four times in front of him- three excellent strikes with no chance of saving but the strike which he could get to he did and produced a save you only realise how good it is when replayed in slo mo afterwards.

Really like his distribution. Ball going two thirds of the pitch and giving our players a very decent chance of winning it.

Noticed second half it was all pass it short so Mowbray must have taken the aggression out of him at HT.

• Like 4

Very early days but he looked competent on that performance and it's nice to see a keeper rollocking those in front of him. We've not had a remotely vocal keeper since Robinson years ago. Hope he keeps it up and stands up to any cherubs who might not like it.

• Like 6

Comfortable with the ball on both feet, good distribution, pushed the defence further up the pitch by coming so far out of the box at every opportunity. Didn't really get tested today because no human could have saved any of the 3 goals. First impressions = certainly better than Walton. Probably better than Raya. 

• Backroom

Normally on a keeper's debut conceding three goals would be a cause for concern, but he had no chance with any of the goals today and saved us from conceding a couple more with some good saves. His distribution was decent and he seemed vocal with the defence. I really hope for his sake we bring in some better defenders before the window closes, or he's going to be in for a long and tiring season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Normally on a keeper's debut conceding three goals would be a cause for concern, but he had no chance with any of the goals today and saved us from conceding a couple more with some good saves. His distribution was decent and he seemed vocal with the defence. I really hope for his sake we bring in some better defenders before the window closes, or he's going to be in for a long and tiring season.

Yeah, only he and Nyambe at the back were decent.

On 27/08/2020 at 17:35, chaddyrovers said:

For people who want to know about his time in Belgium and the type of keeper he is from.Belgian football expert

Bit dubious of this Doc's opinion, going off yesterday he sounds like he's describing a different keeper. Also he said he's not going to bring the ball up the pitch and dribble past the opposition, I should bloody hope not Doc no ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was a fan of Raya, I thought Walton was a serious downgrade (and wasn’t even ours!)

However, it’s been a long time since we’ve had such a composed presence in the goal - which will make a big difference to the defenders in front of him.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

He looks composed and confident, and so far has been solid. My main concern with him so far is I'm suspecting his catching may be poor. The type of saves he made on his show reel and the way he usually punches instead of catching...I feel like he might not be good at keeping the ball in his hands, and knows it, so doesn't tend to catch it. That said, he did pluck one decently enough out of the air against Derby at one point. Time will tell whether he is a little iffy at catching, but so far I'm happy with him overall. Of course, Walton was an easy act to follow!

So here's a a thought. Most, including me, was worried about how we lost Tosins quality passing from the back. It looks to me like we've replaced it with the goal keeper. Inspired. Played quite a few really smart Tosin-esque midfield splitting balls against Derby.

I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

So here's a a thought. Most, including me, was worried about how we lost Tosins quality passing from the back. It looks to me like we've replaced it with the goal keeper. Inspired. Played quite a few really smart Tosin-esque midfield splitting balls against Derby.

I think he's going to be a fantastic player for us.

And Johnson very often tucks into the defence as a centre-back in possession, acting as the Tosin through the middle anyway.

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He looks composed and confident, and so far has been solid. My main concern with him so far is I'm suspecting his catching may be poor. The type of saves he made on his show reel and the way he usually punches instead of catching...I feel like he might not be good at keeping the ball in his hands, and knows it, so doesn't tend to catch it. That said, he did pluck one decently enough out of the air against Derby at one point. Time will tell whether he is a little iffy at catching, but so far I'm happy with him overall. Of course, Walton was an easy act to follow!

For me it is fine if a keeper is a "puncher" and uses it effectively and consistantly. Better a solid hand on it than half assed attempt at catching intermixed with punching which leaves defenders unsure and causes avoidable errors

Watching Kaminski, it immediately becomes apparent what Mowbray was alluding to with these comments about Walton (https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18595996.mowbray-loanee-rovers-search-new-keeper/)

“I think he’s been trying really hard all year to change a few core fundamentals that he has that I would like to change so he can play the way I would like him to play.

“It’s not easy to change footballers, particularly goalkeepers where I’m not the expert, yet I watch as much football as anyone and know where the goalkeeping fraternity is going, I know how a modern goalkeeper is going to look and looks now, and how the world’s best are operating.

“You should try and achieve that, and I’ve said to Christian that if he thinks he’s going to play for Brighton in the Premier League, the way they play then he has some fundamentals he needs to change."

Mowbray's politely not getting into specifics, and he's not espousing anything revolutionary, but Kaminski's ability to comfortably play up high and be a passing option for the CBs is where Kaminski most obviously differs from Walton, and thus what Mowbray was looking for as a long-term option (a 'modern' goalkeeper). Kaminski just looks so comfortable with the ball every time it comes back to him (while not lackadaisical either)

It always felt like an adventure/hold your breath moment when it went back to Walton (or Kean, Steele, Eastwood, etc. Raya was decent with the ball, but was obviously still learning and prone to a 'youthful' mistake). I don't recall Walton making any egregious kicking/ball handling mistakes that immediately led to a goal (I'm sure someone can remind me ?), but the best hope was that he'd simply boot it somewhere downfield, and we then likely lose possession.

(As an aside, just my opinion, but I think Walton's ultimately a middling/below-average Championship keeper. Not bad as football careers go. His up-and-down form obviously drove us nuts - funny coming back from lockdown that I was thinking he was quite solid after a great run before lockdown, and then his post-lockdown play was, uh,... One of my pet theories is there are only 2-3 clubs in the world where fans are universally happy with their keeper haha)

I recall Kaminski made some howler with the ball just before Ghent sold him, hence their fans were on his back. Bound to happen here eventually, so let's just hope we can recognise if the good is ultimately outweighing the bad! (Hence, how do we properly measure that nebulous 'lost us points' metric that's often bandied about haha...)

• Like 7