BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thomas Kaminski

20 hours ago, Silas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/belgium-vs-england-team-news-lineups-b1722390.html%3famp

Just read TM has tested positive for Covid.

Really bad news. We just can't catch a break this season. 

We've looked much more assured with him in nets.

Will miss at least 2 games, maybe 3.

Are all the other Championship clubs having the same nightmare with injuries/covid isolation? I genuinely have no idea. 

Just feels a bit like we have a really competitive squad this season, but it's all counting for nought, as we can't get the squad on the training pitch, never mind match day. 

Edit- quote from article:

"Belgium goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski, a late call-up, has withdrawn from the hosts’ squad after testing positive for Covid-19."

Genuinely thought you meant Mowbray had caught covid there for a second.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he keeps this up, there will be PL bids for him, no doubt. That's probably what his plan moving to England was. Cracker of a signing. Credit to the European scouting network. 

He looks a 6, 7 million pound keeper to me 

His ability to play out quickly from the back and they way he commands those around him makes him perfect for the PL. 

As you say, we are obviously a stepping stone to achieving his ambitions - so lets hope we get there quick. 

• Like 1

I am a bit wary of saying things like Kaminski is "the best keeper since Friedel" so early although such a title is not the biggest of compliments anyway, I suppose the main competition would be Robinson who was decent at a higher level but of course also had a spell in which back problems, a blood clot and weight issues made him a liability for a while. Aside from him, the likes of Steele, Kean, Bunn, Eastwood, Walton etc, we have had some really poor goalkeepers, even Raya made his fair share of howlers, thats for sure,

In regards to him using us as a stepping stone, its easy to forget that a few months ago, he was dropped to second choice goalkeeper at Gent and his stock was low, their fans seemed pleased to see him leave. He has started his Rovers career very impressively and I think especially compared to the 3 games in which Pears played, he gives a real feeling of confidence to everyone. I dont think we need to worry about him being snatched off him by a PL club anytime soon though as it is early.

Goalkeeping has changed. If you're a decent shot stopper, don't make regular howlers and you can also launch the ball 60 yards and put it on a sixpence then you're golden. Nobody really challenges Goalies in the air anymore. Problem with Raya was that he'd drop the ball with nobody near him. Kaminski seems fairly good at everything and doesn't seem prone to errors. For that reason he's the best we've had in a long while. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Goalkeeping has changed. If you're a decent shot stopper, don't make regular howlers and you can also launch the ball 60 yards and put it on a sixpence then you're golden. Nobody really challenges Goalies in the air anymore. Problem with Raya was that he'd drop the ball with nobody near him. Kaminski seems fairly good at everything and doesn't seem prone to errors. For that reason he's the best we've had in a long while. 

Did you see the late equaliser Stoke had ruled out last night for a foul on the keeper? Absolutely ridiculous. 

He's the best keeper since Robbo 100% although the bar hasn't been high.

A few getting carried away but that's not a bad thing. Don't think there'll be all this Prem interest though. Maybe an upper end champ club might fancy him. Quality keepers are sparse in this league.

I think he's had a more positive effect on the back line than any player signed in recent years. Let's see how he fares for the full season though.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

MoM today this lad.

Three points is the main thing, but he deserved the clean sheet today. Actually I thought Lenihan and Wharton did too for their defending, even if it wasn't ideal that they saw so much of the ball.

Compared to what we've had, Kaminski is different gravy.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2020 at 11:30, joey_big_nose said:

Best keeper we have had since Friedel. Totally exceptional. Probs the one player in the team who you would say, even more than Arma, will have big Premier League interest come the summer. You can see why he is in the Belgium national team squad. 

Great signing, can't really believe we pulled it off.

Bump. It's outrageous he's in the Championship.

Don't know if we fluked signing him or what. But he's going to be worth 10 points on his own by the end of the season.

Reckon if we had Pears or Walton in there Wharton would have been shot to sh*t by now. But he just creates this very very solid baseline for everyone to play their best game from. Makes the whole defence look better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Three points is the main thing, but he deserved the clean sheet today. Actually I thought Lenihan and Wharton did too for their defending, even if it wasn't ideal that they saw so much of the ball.

Compared to what we've had, Kaminski is different gravy.

If Wharton hadn’t gone off I think we’d have got that clean sheet today.

Carter ain’t ready.

• Like 7