BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thomas Kaminski

Just now, Stuart said:

If Wharton hadn’t gone off I think we’d have got that clean sheet today.

Carter ain’t ready.

Agree, I was impressed with his debut but the way we play doesn't offer too much in the way of protection for the centre halves. Not fair to ask him to play too much before he's ready to do so consistently.

He's got the perfect example to follow in Scott Wharton. The years he's spent getting nearly 100 appearances in men's football has obviously done them the world of good.

Come the end of the season, should we not get promoted I would have a minimum £10 million tag on his head. To be honest I'm not sure I'd want to sell even for that. It's clear what a difference he makes to our backline. He's worth as much as Arma is to us right now. 

I don't think it's just his kicking which makes him good on the ball. Raya could often pick a player out. It's his first touch. It's always good and it buys him more time. The opposition are hesitant to close him down as a result. As it seems as though it will rarely bare any fruit. He's a consistent safe outball for our entire backline. Pears on the other hand is often rushed in his kicking as he doesn't create time and space for himself. 

I’m enamoured with Tommy K already!

Remember seeing an interview with Manchester fans about Joe Hart back when Pep arrived. I was as confused as anyone to why England’s No1 at the time was so easily binned off, for a “foreign style goalkeeper”...

Being a stubborn skeptic, I had thought it was a “myth”, or at least an overstatement of modern foreign keepers being so different to old fashioned English, ..

Thats when I saw what TK offers! 

He’s effectively a Centreback when we have the ball. His kicking, throwing and general passing is good, his shot stopping (header vs Barnsley especially) is top drawer and TBH for 500k, I can’t believe nobody else spotted this guy...!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ozz said:

I thought he let a soft one in against Millwall last night really. 

But generally good, an improvement on Walton

Just thought he needs to keep an eye on his basics.  Felt a couple of corners he was in no mans land.  Good start, needs to stay solid and not get too carried  away with the sweeper bit. 

27 minutes ago, Ozz said:

The Millwall scorer had been left free to take an unchallenged shot from inside the area. 

Kaminsky prepared for the guy to hit it low either side of him so had started to lower his body ready to spring either side.

Millwall player spotted Kaminsky going down and had the confidence to smack it high into the net over Kaminsky's head.

9 times out of 10 in those circumstances, the striker gets the angle of elevation wrong and ends up striking the ball straight at the keeper or over the bar into Row Z.

It looked bad on Kaminsky's part but he was covering the angles for a low strike which most forwards would have gone for with the ball under control on the ground. The Millwall player gambled on his ability to control the angle of lift on the shot into the net roof and it paid off. 

On 28/11/2020 at 21:25, Stuart said:

If Wharton hadn’t gone off I think we’d have got that clean sheet today.

Carter ain’t ready.

Neither is Ayala.

1 hour ago, Ozz said:

Millwall's goal was unstoppable IMO

Kaminski is a joy to watch but is he ready for when the opposition suddenly gain possession in their own half and hoof it high and goalwards aka Armstrong v Cardiff. I hope so.

• Like 1

His distribution was very shaky last night too. Felt like a bit of an off night for him without ever really plumbing the depths of a Walton or a Pears, which is probably a good sign in itself.

I'm convinced he's going to be lobbed by someone at some point though.

Edited by danger19_80

On 30/11/2020 at 09:29, ben_the_beast said:

Come the end of the season, should we not get promoted I would have a minimum £10 million tag on his head. To be honest I'm not sure I'd want to sell even for that. It's clear what a difference he makes to our backline. He's worth as much as Arma is to us right now. 

I don't think it's just his kicking which makes him good on the ball. Raya could often pick a player out. It's his first touch. It's always good and it buys him more time. The opposition are hesitant to close him down as a result. As it seems as though it will rarely bare any fruit. He's a consistent safe outball for our entire backline. Pears on the other hand is often rushed in his kicking as he doesn't create time and space for himself. 

If we don't get promoted, we will be raided big time....

• Like 1

Anyone notice how many times he puts his weaker foot through it too? There was definitely one occasion he had time to shift his body and use his stronger foot.

I don't mind that as it shows confidence but I hope he puts the hours in on the training field for it. All it takes is one mistake for a keeper and it is remembered for months.

Anyway, he's the best keeper I have seen at Rovers since Friedel and we have him in the Championship!! Let's hope we keep him and don't get him poached next year. He is probably worth a crack in the Premier League imo and I hope that it is with us.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

All in all, it's great to have a sense of confidence and security that the goalkeeper can do his job. I've not felt this good since.........maybe Robinson when he first signed, or Friedel. 

Very pleased with TK. And not before time.

I think it has been a bit of a disgrace to have gone so long without a proper, reliable keeper. We seem to have had a succession, who were prone to soul-destroying errors...and this more or less coincides with the arrival of.......Never mind that. TK looks the real deal.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2020 at 19:23, Ozz said:

Millwall goal was a rocket, and not where you would expect him to have aimed it. No fault on TK for me on that one.

My concern with him remains his love of punching or clawing the ball when he could just catch it. I think his handling might be a little suspect and he knows it, so he opts for moving it away instead. Good points raised by some about how with his sweeper keeper style he is susceptible to a lobbing from a good technical player who snatches the ball unexpectedly.

But overall he has been great and a terrific calming influence for our defence.

On 03/12/2020 at 22:15, danger19_80 said:

His distribution was very shaky last night too. Felt like a bit of an off night for him without ever really plumbing the depths of a Walton or a Pears, which is probably a good sign in itself.

I'm convinced he's going to be lobbed by someone at some point though.

His distribution may have been affected for the same reasons even the likes of Holtby were - those bastard green and white shirts! Even more difficult to pick your man over long distances (although more time to look in his position).

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Very pleased with TK. And not before time.

I think it has been a bit of a disgrace to have gone so long without a proper, reliable keeper. We seem to have had a succession, who were prone to soul-destroying errors...and this more or less coincides with the arrival of.......Never mind that. TK looks the real deal.

You're right, total disgrace to have suffered poor keepers since coming down (Raya apart, for me, though I'd have liked a reliable experienced competition for his more eccentric spells). Especially when it tends to be the cheapest, most underrated position on the pitch. Always thought the market values them totally wrong. Friedel was worth his weight in gold.

• Like 1

Good goalies are hard to find and kind of a crapshoot. Friedel was playing second fiddle to Calamity James and was something of a joke at Anfield. Look how that turned out!

I think the scouting team have found an absolute gem in Kaminski. The guy exudes calmness and commands his box well. You can see he inspires confidence in the rest of the team.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...