BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tim Flowers named Macclesfield Town boss

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roving Mick said:

They've just been wound up, all for a paltry £500K.  Spurs will be paying Bale more than that a week.

Welcome to modern football.

I read the other day that there was 2.1 trillion floating around the football industry. Which, put into perspective, the UK GDP is 2.8 trillion.

It makes you sick to see a football club around since 1874 has been wound up for a sum of money that a big club pays out weekly to at least half a dozen players on their books.

If you ever need evidence of the money not trickling down see here.

Fans of UK football should boycott the Premier League but sadly it will never happen. We are a nation of football lovers, and sadly it is easy to capitalise on that with good broadcasting and mega talent. You have to feel for clubs like Macclesfield, and wonder when it will start to envelop clubs the size of ours. Can't be long. We are well on our way to a NFL style system, big city clubs, only one huge league and plenty of money to be made everywhere. 

• Like 7

Macclesfield have struggled financially for years, but we're paying Sol Campbell at least £15,000 a month apparently. Ridiculous of Macc to agree that sort of money to any manager let alone a novice. Surely Campbell must have realised that they couldn't pay it given the dire state of their finances? Campbell was then one of the people backing the winding up petition, which also doesn't cover him in glory. I seem to recall Campbell complaining about lack of managerial opportunities. No wonder if that's the wage he wanted. It's not all about Campbell, of course, given the club has been in trouble for years.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Welcome to modern football.

I read the other day that there was 2.1 trillion floating around the football industry. Which, put into perspective, the UK GDP is 2.8 trillion.

It makes you sick to see a football club around since 1874 has been wound up for a sum of money that a big club pays out weekly to at least half a dozen players on their books.

If you ever need evidence of the money not trickling down see here.

Fans of UK football should boycott the Premier League but sadly it will never happen. We are a nation of football lovers, and sadly it is easy to capitalise on that with good broadcasting and mega talent. You have to feel for clubs like Macclesfield, and wonder when it will start to envelop clubs the size of ours. Can't be long. We are well on our way to a NFL style system, big city clubs, only one huge league and plenty of money to be made everywhere. 

It's shocking to see this happen but you start to get the feeling amongst the rest of the football hierarchy it's a case of 'oh well,it's only Macclesfield'...same with poor Bury.

Awful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DanLad said:

Macclesfield have struggled financially for years, but we're paying Sol Campbell at least £15,000 a month apparently. Ridiculous of Macc to agree that sort of money to any manager let alone a novice. Surely Campbell must have realised that they couldn't pay it given the dire state of their finances? Campbell was then one of the people backing the winding up petition, which also doesn't cover him in glory. I seem to recall Campbell complaining about lack of managerial opportunities. No wonder if that's the wage he wanted. It's not all about Campbell, of course, given the club has been in trouble for years.

Sol Campbell only cares about Sol Campbell.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It makes you sick to see a football club around since 1874 has been wound up for a sum of money that a big club pays out weekly to at least half a dozen players on their books.. 

If I don't pay my taxes the tax man will send me to jail.  They've had 12 winding up orders in the last 12 months from the HMRC. They've had enough of them and perhaps a stronger club will replace them.  Sad as it is for the club and supporters. 

Edited by Sparks Rover