BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ep 135 - Tim, Matt & Tugay

In this three-part episode, we look back at the careers of Tim Sherwood & Tugay through the lens of the lovely people at thesefootballtimes.co (thanks to TFT plus Jamie Bell & Matt Gault) & in part two, we meet our special guest Matt Hall & play "What's My Line".

Narration from Bill Arthur & Michael Taylor, interview conducted by Ian Herbert.

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 17.20.52pm.png

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 17.23.33pm.png

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 17.21.23pm.png

View full record

• Herbie6590 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Listened to this whilst running - great episode, thank you.

my rovers support resonates a lot with Matt’s. I too wanted the 93-94 flowers multicoloured and jewelled gk top but was disappointed for it to be sold out. Therefore, my first rovers shirt was the equivalent yellow gk top which, although well worn, was never quite the same. Thankfully, I fulfilled a dream in the mid 2000s and got the shirt I always craved from classic football shirts in their early years. It now sits pride of place in my collection.

Thank you also for the episode with Andy Bayes discussing MND and Len Johnrose. It was very well done and informative to those who do not know a lot about it. My dad died in December after a 2 year battle with MND which robbed us of a great man and deprived my children of ever really knowing their grandad.

My old man used to referee Sunday league so that he could buy us tickets to head up the M6 from Stafford to Ewood on a monthly basis. An old gooner, he fully embraced my support for Rovers and had a lot of time for the club and it’s people pre Venkys. He always thought rovers a great family club.

Since he was diagnosed, as a family we have raised around 20k for the Motor Neurone Disease association. It is great that the BBC continues to raise the profile of MND and those who suffer from what is one of the most cruellest of illnesses. We shall continue to fundraise so that hopefully a cure will be found one day. Keep fighting Len.

BD733F3E-84A7-4811-B36E-2B7A3644FE9A.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, SamTheShrew said:

Listened to this whilst running - great episode, thank you.

my rovers support resonates a lot with Matt’s. I too wanted the 93-94 flowers multicoloured and jewelled gk top but was disappointed for it to be sold out. Therefore, my first rovers shirt was the equivalent yellow gk top which, although well worn, was never quite the same. Thankfully, I fulfilled a dream in the mid 2000s and got the shirt I always craved from classic football shirts in their early years. It now sits pride of place in my collection.

Thank you also for the episode with Andy Bayes discussing MND and Len Johnrose. It was very well done and informative to those who do not know a lot about it. My dad died in December after a 2 year battle with MND which robbed us of a great man and deprived my children of ever really knowing their grandad.

My old man used to referee Sunday league so that he could buy us tickets to head up the M6 from Stafford to Ewood on a monthly basis. An old gooner, he fully embraced my support for Rovers and had a lot of time for the club and it’s people pre Venkys. He always thought rovers a great family club.

Since he was diagnosed, as a family we have raised around 20k for the Motor Neurone Disease association. It is great that the BBC continues to raise the profile of MND and those who suffer from what is one of the most cruellest of illnesses. We shall continue to fundraise so that hopefully a cure will be found one day. Keep fighting Len.

BD733F3E-84A7-4811-B36E-2B7A3644FE9A.jpeg

Thanks Sam...appreciated...great photo too !