BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

I've read the quotes now https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18686733.blackburn-rovers-boss-hails-surprise-impact-tyrhys-dolan/?fbclid=IwAR1xmYak98XBxi-AO1yblWlnJhG3u1TRDZMbk_jnZqOYzz-5neYsSprER8c

Reading that it seems very likely Mowbray will give him considerable game time. There is the comment about "if Gallagher was available" but everything else points to Mowbray looking forward to playing him.

• Like 1

he does just what I want. He has intensity, he has urgency, he plays on the front foot, he’s positive.” Mowbray hoist by his own petard there! He’ll soon be coaching him to run into blind alleys, misplace passes, put crosses into the Riverside and shoot at the goalie’s midriff, just like he did with Rothwell.

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

he does just what I want. He has intensity, he has urgency, he plays on the front foot, he’s positive.” Mowbray hoist by his own petard there! He’ll soon be coaching him to run into blind alleys, misplace passes, put crosses into the Riverside and shoot at the goalie’s midriff, just like he did with Rothwell.

From the tiny amount I've seen Dolan I don't think this will be a problem. Rothwell is inherantly quite a dangerous player to his own side. He run across the pitch a lot, runs from very deep and central, plays quite risky balls, is quite head down. As a result he seems at risk of losing the ball in dodgy areas that turn into instant counter attacks, and indeed does so.

Dolan looks much more a proper out and out attacking winger who plays wide and forward. So he's much less likely to be carrying the ball in those vulnerable parts of the pitch, so can in turn be left to be more adventurous.

I hope anyway.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

From the tiny amount I've seen Dolan I don't think this will be a problem. Rothwell is inherantly quite a dangerous player to his own side. He run across the pitch a lot, runs from very deep and central, plays quite risky balls, is quite head down. As a result he seems at risk of losing the ball in dodgy areas that turn into instant counter attacks, and indeed does so.

Dolan looks much more a proper out and out attacking winger who plays wide and forward. So he's much less likely to be carrying the ball in those vulnerable parts of the pitch, so can in turn be left to be more adventurous.

I hope anyway.

Now and again you get young players who's knowledge of game management and decision making is older than their years. I'm thinking Dolan may be one of them. On the other hand you can get older players who've never wised up and are still making the same mistakes. Lenihan is just one I can think of.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Now and again you get young players who's knowledge of game management and decision making is older than their years. I'm thinking Dolan may be one of them. On the other hand you can get older players who've never wised up and are still making the same mistakes. Lenihan is just one I can think of.

As true in all of life as in football!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

There’s a fine line between giving a kid proper game time and relying on them too soon, Mowbray tends miss the line every time. Dolan is a kid signed for the u23s, we shouldn’t be relying on him to fill the winger position, no matter how good he looks in training.

Mowbray said he's have played Gally if he was fit. I don't think there's any danger of Mowbray playing a winger on the wing anytime soon.

• Like 1

Based on what I've seen he's seems a.nailed on future star. Last time I saw a player come through with that sort of quality was Hoilett. I'm so confused why Preston let him go. Mental.

He's the ideal last 20/30 minute player. Will get a lot of game time for us.

Should have scored on Saturday, but that apart his all-round game was excellent.

On 12/09/2020 at 17:13, Tom said:

He may not fulfil his potential but is it unfair to say he seems to have more potential than our £7m man?

Oh enormously so. 

To be fair to Brereton though last three or four games have been his best. Starting to look like a reasonable asset, mainly because he can now quite regularly beat his full back. Has bulked up a lot. 

• Like 3