BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets not get carried away and give a player with about 40 minutes competitive football under his belt a 5 year contract.

On anything like the paltry money he is probably on, I wouldn't mind. If his agent had billy big bollocks ideas, which is fairly likely, that's a different story and I'd agree with you.

Bet he is on less than 1k per week at the mo, probably something like 600, 700.

Scintillating again tonight. Beginning to relax the guard I put over my early optimism, because the boy definitely has talent and can show it against decent senior players. We will have to see how capable he proves as a 90 minute player over time, but I've not seen that kind of footwork here in a while, and he has pace and tenacity to go with it. With him only being 18 as well, I just get more amazed that Preston let him go each time I see him.

Would be a nightmare to play against because he can have you chasing your tail and looking daft. Looks like a player for who the crux is going to be how much end product he can deliver - like Rothwell. But my money is on 'a lot more of it'.

• Like 3

• Backroom

This lad is seriously good. I imagine there will be bigger clubs than us already well aware of him after his few appearances. 

We need to quadruple his wages and give him a 5 year contract quick time. 

• Like 8

Amazing that he has jumped straight into the first team fold. He must be delighted with how things have gone so far for him here. Such quick feet and great workrate, perhaps needs to work on decision making and get more of an end product but surely that will come. So close to an assist above too.

11 minutes ago, Madon said:

This lad is seriously good. I imagine there will be bigger clubs than us already well aware of him after his few appearances. 

We need to quadruple his wages and give him a 5 year contract quick time. 

You'd think they'd have been aware of him when he was playing for PNE. I think they got him from Man City after he was released? Looks to be a rare talent. They need to get him on a proper contract and get him adjusted to 1st team football without putting pressure on him.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely a player of real promise, flair, skills, pace, very exciting from the very little that we have seen.

Still think talk of 5 year deals, quadrupling his wages, its all a bit premature though.

Who was saying quadruple his wages?

Edit - nevermind, seen it. I'd say that depends what his wages are. Definitely already feeling uncomfortable that he is only on a 2 year deal. And if he keeps playing like this or hell, improves, and has a real impact over the season then it will take a lot more than quadrupling his wages at the negotiating table in a year.

Edited by bluebruce

18 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Did he do 2 Cruyff-turns in 2 seconds before laying the ball to Holtby? Thats how quick he is.

dolan-turn.gif.1683839f7d647b8e0f1b86e0e7450850.gif

Gosh, look at that Brereton bloke NOT laying a ball across the 6 yard box. What a waste.

As for Dolan, I think people need to calm down about him. Exciting player for sure (and it's hilarious Preston let him go), but he's 18. He needs to be handled carefully.

I'd have him as a substitute at the moment - someone you bring on against tired legs on 60/70 minutes to increase his impact. If the guys in front of him struggle, and he's a success as a substitute then he gets more game time. 

Fair to say that this is really winding Preston fans up. Half are moaning that they have lost the guy for nothing while the other half are defending the club and saying it says more about our squad if Dolan is getting minutes/starts. 

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/ethan-walker-carlisle-loan-confirmed.3431477/page-3#post-3758236

Scroll down to about post 54.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Fair to say that this is really winding Preston fans up. Half are moaning that they have lost the guy for nothing while the other half are defending the club and saying it says more about our squad if Dolan is getting minutes/starts. 

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/ethan-walker-carlisle-loan-confirmed.3431477/page-3#post-3758236

Scroll down to about post 54.

Hilarious to read

I think Preston fans in general are generally unhappy with no signings and  their best players courting interest from elsewhere with a year left on their deals.

Ultimately we dont yet know if he has end product. It is far too early for either set of fans to be going too over the top, nothing more than a few bright cameos at the moment, glad weve taken him as he looks a raw talent who can hopefully develop but I think that the overall reaction is intensified because of where he came from.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Preston fans in general are generally unhappy with no signings and  their best players courting interest from elsewhere with a year left on their deals.

Ultimately we dont yet know if he has end product. It is far too early for either set of fans to be going too over the top, nothing more than a few bright cameos at the moment, glad weve taken him as he looks a raw talent who can hopefully develop but I think that the overall reaction is intensified because of where he came from.

Oh, most definitely! When I've spoken to a couple of Nobbers recently I've basically told them that they've handed us the lovechild of Lionel Messi & Christiano Ronaldo for free!

What I tell myself is that it looks like we have a lad here with a lot of potential.

• Like 3