when he played for north end

he said **** this they`re shite

Like it mate. I think a quick tweak & we've got a winner:

Tyrhys Dolan's magic

He wears a magic hat

He came to play for Rovers

Cos he knows North End are Shite

• Like 1

Dont wanna keep harping on about this kid (well, yeah I do) but how much is he worth already? What bids would be acceptable for him? Gotta be a couple mil already. And I wouldnt sell him for that anyway.

Edited by JacknOry

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Dont wanna keep harping on about this kid (well, yeah I do) but how much is he worth already? What bids would be acceptable for him? Gotta be a couple mil already. And I wouldnt sel him for that anyway.

I've no doubt there'll  be people at a higher level sitting up and taking notice already. Henley only had to have a couple of good games and Real Madrid were interested allegedly.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've no doubt there'll  be people at a higher level sitting up and taking notice already. Henley only had to have a couple of good games and Real Madrid were interested allegedly.

Such a bollock dropped by PNE. 

31 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

..and he ended up joining Real Salt Lake City and then Bradford. I believe he's without a club now.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Dont wanna keep harping on about this kid (well, yeah I do) but how much is he worth already? What bids would be acceptable for him? Gotta be a couple mil already. And I wouldnt sell him for that anyway.

NOOO

Take your Championship Manager and place it where the sun don't shine.

He won't be a Rovers player for his entire career but I really want to enjoy this lad playing in the greatest shirt on earth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philipl said:

NOOO

Take your Championship Manager and place it where the sun don't shine.

He won't be a Rovers player for his entire career but I really want to enjoy this lad playing in the greatest shirt on earth.

Not saying we should sell, just wondering what his value is. Preston gave this lad away for free, how much has it potentially cost them?

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not saying we should sell, just wondering what his value is. Preston gave this lad away for free, how much has it potentially cost them?

Every team has dropped that sort of clanger. Bolton let Alan Ball go and kept Gordon Taylor. The Dingles told Bryan Robson he wasn't big enough. Billy Bremner had trials at Arsenal and got sent home. We had Ron Davies on trial when Mike England was his pal and let him go. It happens

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team has dropped that sort of clanger. Bolton let Alan Ball go and kept Gordon Taylor. The Dingles told Bryan Robson he wasn't big enough. Billy Bremner had trials at Arsenal and got sent home. We had Ron Davies on trial when Mike England was his pal and let him go. It happens

burnley do it better than everybody,they release lee dixon then sell brian laws for next to nothing  and offload trevor steven to everton for peanuts??

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched him first in that game at Old Trafford when we won. He looked to be a real prospect in my opinion. Something went sadly wrong there.

And Anfield around the same time. I was told that he was on 12k a week. Not sure if that's correct or not, but getting that aged 17 must have an effect.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madon said:

Tyrhys Dolan's magic,

He wears a magic hat,

and when he saw Ewood Park,

He said I'm avin that,

He didn't sign for Preston,

Or Burnley cuz they're shite,

He signed for Blackburn Rovers,

Cuz we're f**king DYNAMITE!! 

Liked this few hours ago. 

I can only say, you absolute arsehole!! I've been singing it in my head all night!! ?? I'm like Lonnie Donegan on acid! ?

Oh how I so wish we could go to Ewood on Sat! ??

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched him first in that game at Old Trafford when we won. He looked to be a real prospect in my opinion. Something went sadly wrong there.

My cousin went out with him for abit and she was saying he had a lot of ankle trouble and could never get out of his head the injury. Something I can sympathise with having done my tendons, cartalidge and ligaments in my right knee plus ankle ligament damage. I loved playing football more than anything and after two years of trying to play after the injury not being able to do what you once could without thinking the joy went out of it for me and I was finished at 22

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

My cousin went out with him for abit and she was saying he had a lot of ankle trouble and could never get out of his head the injury. Something I can sympathise with having done my tendons, cartalidge and ligaments in my right knee plus ankle ligament damage. I loved playing football more than anything and after two years of trying to play after the injury not being able to do what you once could without thinking the joy went out of it for me and I was finished at 22

Me too at 19 with a second break of the same leg. What people who've never had that sort of injury don't realise is the problem can be 50% physical and 50% mental. I just wasn't the same player after the second break.  I take my hat off to the players who can rise above serious injuries and come back strong.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too at 19 with a second break of the same leg. What people who've never had that sort of injury don't realise is the problem can be 50% physical and 50% mental. I just wasn't the same player after the second break.  I take my hat off to the players who can rise above serious injuries and come back strong.

I honestly believe mine was more like 80 percent mental but when you lose the confidence in turning quickly whether to skin a player or trying to defend against a player that knocks it past you , quick sprints, over stretching for stray passes and tackles and something as simple as putting your foot through the ball to kick with power, the angle your leg is at spraying long passes and taking free kicks, corners etc. Throw in the half a yard pace and your balance being completely different the joy went as I spent the whole game frustrated by myself and the fact I new I would never be the same. Genuine sympathy for anyone in the same position.  Also may explain players like Daniel Sturridge, Michael Owen at Newcastle and dare I say it our very own Cory Evans. Any doubt and knowing your going to be out and back to square one with any knock , strain etc it would make you think I’m better missing one or two than risk being out for four or five months

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I honestly believe mine was more like 80 percent mental but when you lose the confidence in turning quickly whether to skin a player or trying to defend against a player that knocks it past you , quick sprints, over stretching for stray passes and tackles and something as simple as putting your foot through the ball to kick with power, the angle your leg is at spraying long passes and taking free kicks, corners etc. Throw in the half a yard pace and your balance being completely different the joy went as I spent the whole game frustrated by myself and the fact I new I would never be the same. Genuine sympathy for anyone in the same position.  Also may explain players like Daniel Sturridge, Michael Owen at Newcastle and dare I say it our very own Cory Evans. Any doubt and knowing your going to be out and back to square one with any knock , strain etc it would make you think I’m better missing one or two than risk being out for four or five months

I know it sounds silly but I remember thinking that my foot hadn't returned to exactly the same place after the second break. What had previously been an automatic ability to pass, shoot and cross the ball accurately with my right foot ( I was right footed ) seemed to go. I was slicing the ball some of the time. I asked our coach to watch my shooting at goal in training and after a minute of two he said " You're no longer striking directly through the centre of the ball, you're striking across the centre ". I think I was subconsciously afraid of really belting the ball in case I damaged my leg again. So what I previously did automatically I had to concentrate on really hard. It never really came back to be honest. If I had to make a long down field clearance for instance I found myself switching the ball onto my left foot because I knew I could get a clean strike with my left foot, that was still going through the centre of the ball.

I played on at 11 a side for a bit but the it wasn't the same. I played gym football for years after and loved it, it wasn't so obvious in that environment. Guys used to say " How come you're not still playing ?, Come and sign for my team " but I knew there was no point.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know it sounds silly but I remember thinking that my foot hadn't returned to exactly the same place after the second break. What had previously been an automatic ability to pass, shoot and cross the ball accurately with my right foot ( I was right footed ) seemed to go. I was slicing the ball some of the time. I asked our coach to watch my shooting at goal in training and after a minute of two he said " You're no longer striking directly through the centre of the ball, you're striking across the centre ". I think I was subconsciously afraid of really belting the ball in case I damaged my leg again. So what I previously did automatically I had to concentrate on really hard. It never really came back to be honest. If I had to make a long down field clearance for instance I found myself switching the ball onto my left foot because I knew I could get a clean strike with my left foot, that was still going through the centre of the ball.

I played on at 11 a side for a bit but the it wasn't the same. I played gym football for years after and loved it, it wasn't so obvious in that environment. Guys used to say " How come you're not still playing ?, Come and sign for my team " but I knew there was no point.

Different type of injury but Matt Jansen said a similar thing after the scooter accident. What was once instinctive he suddenly started thinking about, analysing and worrying about and it became ultra complicated in his head, regardless of what anybody else was telling him. He was never the same player again, nowhere near it, despite the very occasional flash of brilliance.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rumour as it Simon Garner nearly signed for Halifax and we sold John Byrom to Bolton for £25000 which was probably a fair fee , in those days