BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Let's Talk Tyrhys Dolan

20 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Rumour as it Simon Garner nearly signed for Halifax and we sold John Byrom to Bolton for £25000 which was probably a fair fee , in those days 

I remember seeing Garner going to Halifax in the Sunday paper along with Fazackerly going to Oldham at one point. Letting Byrom go was a massive clanger. We brought in Alan Gilliver, Frank Lord, Jim Fryatt, and Don Martin to replace him with only the Don being anything like as good a player. All the while Byrom was banging them in for fun at Burnden Park.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I honestly believe mine was more like 80 percent mental but when you lose the confidence in turning quickly whether to skin a player or trying to defend against a player that knocks it past you , quick sprints, over stretching for stray passes and tackles and something as simple as putting your foot through the ball to kick with power, the angle your leg is at spraying long passes and taking free kicks, corners etc. Throw in the half a yard pace and your balance being completely different the joy went as I spent the whole game frustrated by myself and the fact I new I would never be the same. Genuine sympathy for anyone in the same position.  Also may explain players like Daniel Sturridge, Michael Owen at Newcastle and dare I say it our very own Cory Evans. Any doubt and knowing your going to be out and back to square one with any knock , strain etc it would make you think I’m better missing one or two than risk being out for four or five months

Same thing happened to me only this weekend man.

Back end of last year I tore my right quadricep, I only managed 15 minutes of the last game of last season after it. Played all pre season and managed a start this weekend but even the lads have said I'm a second off what I was before. I could notice it too, I weren't sliding when I otherwise would have and in general just being fearful of going into the same tackles as I otherwise would. Anyway, first start back on Sunday and within 15 minutes I've pulled the tendons in my left ankle. I did it because I made a sliding tackle when before this injury I know I'd have made the 50/50 and put my foot in right away. Left ankle got caught under my backside trying to make up for it and so came the crunch. Ankle in a moon boot and potential surgery on the way.

Tearing my quad was my first injury in nearly 20 years playing football, since then I've barely gone 45 minutes without a knock or being behind the pace. Although I blame the lack of physio and the fact I'm a desk jockey now whereas before I was on site active all the time.

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Back end of last year I tore my right quadricep, I only managed 15 minutes of the last game of last season after it. Played all pre season and managed a start this weekend but even the lads have said I'm a second off what I was before. I could notice it too, I weren't sliding when I otherwise would have and in general just being fearful of going into the same tackles as I otherwise would. Anyway, first start back on Sunday and within 15 minutes I've pulled the tendons in my left ankle. I did it because I made a sliding tackle when before this injury I know I'd have made the 50/50 and put my foot in right away. Left ankle got caught under my backside trying to make up for it and so came the crunch. Ankle in a moon boot and potential surgery on the way.

Tearing my quad was my first injury in nearly 20 years playing football, since then I've barely gone 45 minutes without a knock or being behind the pace. Although I blame the lack of physio and the fact I'm a desk jockey now whereas before I was on site active all the time.

Feel for ya pal. 
the worst thing I did was I got back on the pitch and ignored advice the first time I did it.  My knee constantly swelled and I couldn’t walk properly Monday to Thursday then I’d play again all weekend. I think that made the second time I did it far worse. I can only suggest really taking your time getting back on the grass. Make sure your injuries are fully heeled to the maximum they can be then take your time building your confidence in a non contact or match environment. When you can out your foot through the ball and twist without pressure you do start to learn what you have lost and what is mental. The first time I did it I got my confidence back slowly but it took nearly two years before I was fully convinced it would hold up . A lot of it was in my head and I slightly adapted my game to compensate the little physical damage that remained. I went to the gym and built the muscles up around it to strengthen the area and I wasn’t to bad. The second time was when it was physical in lost everything,  turn of pace, power But the most noticeable was balance I couldn’t get near anyone, I couldn’t beat anyone , I couldn’t bring the ball down. A started playing with a few friends who went easy on me but the joy was lost because in your head you can still do it but your body won’t let you.

i strongly advise you to take your time getting heeled, get in a gym and strengthen the areas around your injury and the injury itself and then build your confidence twisting and turning, sprinting and kicking the ball from different angles and power before you go back into a match situation before you lose the love for it. Once it’s gone it’s like a bereavement 

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don't rush back would be my advice also. You've got youth on your side. I should have taken longer to let the leg get stronger before I started playing again. I was crackers, playing football on the street with the kids while I was still in plaster and on crutches ! I had one good leg so that was ok. I broke it the first time in the first game of the season and the second time in the last game of the same season. Not a great season for me. After that it was basically all over. If I had have left it for that season and started again in the following season I may have been ok.

I hope you're back on the grass soon, but not too soon.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up this morning singing this..

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
We love you, (DOLAN) baby,
And if it's quite alright,
We need you, (DOLAN) baby,
To warm a lonely night.
We love you, (DOLAN) baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty (DOLAN) baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty (DOLAN) baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, (DOLAN) baby.

Tyrhys Tyrhys Tyrhys Dolan....Tyrhys Tyrhys Tyrhys Dolan

• 2 weeks later...

He will get plenty of chances to shine this season, and as long as he does enough in training to maintain his presence on the team sheet / subs bench, then opportunity will come a knocking. What a great place for us to be in, to know we have 'game changing' talent like young Tyrhys available as back up :) We've come a long way, baby!

giphy.gif

Oops! I mean...

https://www.discogs.com/Fatboy-Slim-Youve-Come-A-Long-Way-Baby/release/7843775#images/21049620

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

He will get plenty of chances to shine this season, and as long as he does enough in training to maintain his presence on the team sheet / subs bench, then opportunity will come a knocking. What a great place for us to be in, to know we have 'game changing' talent like young Tyrhys available as back up :) We've come a long way, baby!

giphy.gif

Oops! I mean...

https://www.discogs.com/Fatboy-Slim-Youve-Come-A-Long-Way-Baby/release/7843775#images/21049620

Presume you didnt read the above tweet ..time n a place ..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, philipl said:

So pleased for the lad.

PNE players definitely know all his tricks and how to counter them but Dolan was unplayable when he came on.

Very encouraging for the future.

Feel so chuffed for him! Someone needs to put together a highlights reel of all his moves against PNE... he really made fools out of them!

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I've said this before.  There's a lad at preston who made the bench last night,  rovers fan. Coulton. Left back...I'm telling you now, we should get him.  I've pointed this lad out before. Mark my words.  Only U18 proper player

Probably play for them next week - apparently they have 0 fullbacks now that Raffa got sent off last night. 

He's scored three goals in 415 minutes (less than five 90 minute games) which is pretty impressive.

Does seem like the ultimate super sub rather than a starter at this stage. When he has played against well organised teams he has struggled, but when the opposition are a bit loose or down to 10 men he's fantastic. 

With the 5 sub rule he is going to get a lot of opportunity to come on and stretch the opposition in the last half hour.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've said this before.  There's a lad at preston who made the bench last night,  rovers fan. Coulton. Left back...I'm telling you now, we should get him.  I've pointed this lad out before. Mark my words.  Only U18 proper player

From the "scout" who said Dack was crap. I think we need a second opinion on this lad, just to be safe ?

• Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

He's scored three goals in 415 minutes (less than five 90 minute games) which is pretty impressive.

Does seem like the ultimate super sub rather than a starter at this stage. When he has played against well organised teams he has struggled, but when the opposition are a bit loose or down to 10 men he's fantastic. 

With the 5 sub rule he is going to get a lot of opportunity to come on and stretch the opposition in the last half hour.

He's the best I've seen here since Bryan Douglas at being able to leave a player sat on their arse through body movement alone. That's saying something I know because that includes Duffer. Dolan's a precocious talent that needs nurturing and time to develop further. I just love a player of ours that when he get's the ball, you shuffle forward in your seat in expectation.

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

From the "scout" who said Dack was crap. I think we need a second opinion on this lad, just to be safe ?

I think youve been caught up in someones fake news.  I never said he was a crap signing.  I did say he was lazy and underperforming in the season before last ....he was lazy and crap.  I'm hoping he doesn't slow our attacking play up on his return.

One of the best young left sided players Ive seen is Coulton 

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Special this lad, not only his talent which was on show for Dack’s goal but following him on Twitter he’s turned his pain of losing his best mate into a positive and is trying to help others with mental health.

An absolute star 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Special this lad, not only his talent which was on show for Dack’s goal but following him on Twitter he’s turned his pain of losing his best mate into a positive and is trying to help others with mental health.

An absolute star 

Kind of agree, but he lost the ball and the defender kicked it off his knee...he got lucky because he turned into trouble.  Just saying.

Great lad though.  I know a lot of people that have known the lad since he was very young and a nice level headed young man

• Like 2

• Backroom

I think he's brilliant to watch. I sit on my recliner at home watching Brereton and Gallagher on the wings almost nodding off. As soon as Dolan comes on it's time to decline and sit on the edge of my seat. 

He should be getting more minutes, I assume he'll start vs Doncaster at weekend where hopefully he can put a performance in. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kind of agree, but he lost the ball and the defender kicked it off his knee...he got lucky because he turned into trouble.  Just saying.

Great lad though.  I know a lot of people that have known the lad since he was very young and a nice level headed young man

Although that is factually what happened, he was taking on three players single-handedly at the time after travelling a quarter of the pitch, so I think turned into trouble is a bit of a harsh way of phrasing it.

Think he has been really unlucky not to have played a lot more, so a little luck in the way it bounced straight to Dack who lashed it in was overdue.

I still have concerns that Mowbray will end up wasting what I regard to be an exceptional talent. I hope we are already talking about a longer deal, it will likely be cheap at his age and won't he only have a year left come the summer? By which point he may have caught more eyes.

• Like 7