SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leicester away

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Fisher

JRC    Nyambe   Wharton    Bell

Travis  Davenport   Holtby

Brereton     Armstrong    Dolan

Is that the proposed starting line-up against Bournemouth? 

Is Lenihan out? Also think Johnson will definitely play given he has started all recent friendlies.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Decent first half. Holtby the playmaker and Johnson looking fitter, haven’t noticed Travis much. Personally I didn’t think it was a great ball by Nyambe, there was no way Armstrong was getting to it without being offside. Restricting a top 6 club to one long range effort on goal isn’t bad for any defence, let alone this one.

Missed the first 30 mins but I think we've done ok. 

Nyambe looks more composed in the last third. Couple of excellent crosses.

Holtby's passing is good.

Our closing down has been excellent at times - well organised.

Gotta love Travis.  When there's no need he'll still have a nibble, even if they're on the floor. He must be horrible to play against ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XLM said:

Bell justifiably gets a lot of stick. But he had a decent half there against a good winger.

After a shakey start, hes done well.

Brereton has been abysmal when tracking back. Hes the next Jason Lowe, runs up to people and does nothing. Didn't even attempt to stick a leg out to block crosses.

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’d love to see @JoeH do a heat map on Brereton that half. He must’ve spent a total of about 12 seconds in their box and never got beyond the penalty spot. For all the talk of him needing to play as a centre forward, it just doesn’t look like that is his game.

Will be posting Individual player heat-maps on twitter on Sunday when they’re out. Brereton seemed completely non-existent that half. I’d have Dolan on and push Armstrong completely central.

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

I’d love to see @JoeH do a heat map on Brereton that half. He must’ve spent a total of about 12 seconds in their box and never got beyond the penalty spot. For all the talk of him needing to play as a centre forward, it just doesn’t look like that is his game.

He's never going to be a box player. He's an inside forward who can dribble a bit and that's about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Will be posting Individual player heat-maps on twitter on Sunday when they’re out. Brereton seemed completely non-existent that half. I’d have Dolan on and push Armstrong completely central.

Yes Dolan would actually give their full back a lot to think about. Won't know what hit him.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Impressed by Holtby. Good on the ball and closing down.

Nyambe excellent and Bell maybe can do a bit.

No point in pumping hoofballs, Arma is too small and BB can't head or indeed jump.

Not a bad game at all, so far.

LCTV coverage puts iFollow to shame.

Agreed totally.

Looking forward to 2nd half- that's put the mockers on things!

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How is there no injury time? There was a minimum 5 minute break for one injury.

It’s still a football match! ??‍♂️

Thought this too, its ridiculous. The result might not matter but this is our last chance for match fitness so I want to see 90 minutes of actual football.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes Dolan would actually give their full back a lot to think about. Won't know what hit him.

Did create a couple at Doncaster to be fair. Seems a poor return on a player to get such little all-round game for him. JRC for example offers so much more in that position.

Edit - doh talking about Brereton here.

Edited by joey_big_nose

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This is the issue with this wide forward lark.  None of them know how to track back and defend.  Wingers/wide middielders usually learn that as they progress. 

You can see the difference with JRC and Nyambe who dove tailed really well and looked much more solid than the left.

• Like 2