BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leicester away

4 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I know, you can see the massive harm he is clearly doing to them as they well on the pitch.

It's terrible to see.

We did look quite good today.  Most of these lads are just breaking through, if it continues in the same vein I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong and well done Tony.  My gut feel is given time Tony will convert them to sideways backwards type players in he likes.

Only saw the last 35 mins but I thought we looked very good today.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Apparently because he doesn’t get assists or something.

He’s clearly one of the best fullbacks in the league imo

Whilst I think there’s work to be done with him, I definitely don’t want us to lose him!

Really impressive performance.

- Shout out to Magloire and Williams at the back, thought they were both excellent. 
- Nymabe was man of the match 

- Bell was better than normal but still desperately need to bring someone in there.

- Holtby oozed class, plays one touch football and always moves it quickly. Travis, Buckley and Davenport all impressed aswell. Johnson was poor.

- Thought everyone who played in the front 3 was decent enough. Excellent stuff from JRC, has to start in that front 3 next week with arma and Brereton. 

• Like 4

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Maglorie has to be ahead of Wharton/Carter. Looked strong and fast.

Dolan, Chapman and Rothwell definitely options from the bench. Not sure if we can have all 3 on the bench.

JRC impressive in the attacking third, has to start next week.

I thought Magloire did well  but in the last 15 minutes he started to give the ball away in dangerous positions. 

• Like 4

I watched nearly the whole thing. I am very pleased by the effort from all hands. JR-C really impressive, imo. 

On Leicester goal, Fisher should have grabbed it. On our corner, it was a beauty, and even with Williams’ glancing header, it appears a fox got a bit of it going in. 

LC had enough starters, Vandy, Ndidi, Gray, etc, they cannot say it wasn’t a PL side. overall, nice way to conclude preaseason. no shame in this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Dolan, Chapman and Rothwell definitely options from the bench. Not sure if we can have all 3 on the bench.

While I agree that Maglorie was impressive I would still have Wharton ahead of him, as there were one or two moments where he demonstrated a lack of experience. Defo a player to watch this season though.

• Like 3

I think people quite understandably are getting a little carried away at a very decent performance in a friendly v a Leicester side full of kids.

Magloire for example, he looked well out of his depth playing against a very limited player like Nuhiu, and struggled at Rochdale I believe. Also had a couple of wobbly moments today. He could do with another loan, we need experience at the back and I dont want Mowbray to fall into the trap of thinking that the likes of Magloire and Carter who have struggled when dipped into the first team before are ready to play now.

i feel like we have quite a few quick and energetic players to play that front 3 but still remain totally unconvinced that there is much substance there at this moment. Armstrong, we know his quality, even if he did nothing today. Brereton was his usual dithering self, for all of this talk about him bulking up, new man post lockdown, we dont have any evidence that he is up to it yet. Starts next weekend though, also his defensive "contribution" belies why Chapman doesnt start if that is the reason! Rankin Costello, that run was superb, also had a decent but comfortable shot at the keeper, id start him next week, obviously though we have no evidence that he is a top 6 player across that front line playing regularly. Dolan is bright and energetic, and has raw talent. But a total unknown to us. Chapman went on a nice run, has talent, but he has come in from the cold. Rothwell, full of pace and energy, did little with it. Theres plenty of raw talent there but I just worry beside Dack and Armstrong, how many of our other attacking players can hit 5 goals this season?

There is reason to be excited by the youngsters but I dont expect too much from them all. It also cannot be lost how much we need to add quite a few to the squad. Obviously defensively but also could do with a drop of quality in attack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Maglorie needs to go out on loan for a year to refine his game - he has all the physical attributes you look for, but he made three or four crucial errors that could have resulted in goals.

He's not ready for the first team yet. 

• Like 6

Easy to get down in the dumps when we have a frustrating transfer window like this one, and the bad bits of today showed that we're still well short of a centre back and that we need another keeper as back up.

Even so, today also reminded us that we've got some good footballers at Ewood. Most of this team is ready to compete for a top 6 six spot.

Buckley's cameo was quality, simply oozed class. 

• Like 2

Many positives from the performance today. It was great to see malgoire play so well and Williams was superb beside him. If money is as tight as we all suspect it is we have got to put all our resources into buying a quality left back. I don’t normally slag our own players off but bell is awful. He needs replaced asap. On another note I thought Buckley appears to have filled out a bit. He definitely didn’t look light weight when he came on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I think people quite understandably are getting a little carried away at a very decent performance in a friendly v a Leicester side full of kids.

Leicester started with at least 5 who are regular first teamers. They also brought another 4 on.

Don't see anybody getting carried away. Just a very encouraging display, especially the closing down which was a massive improvement on last year. 

• Like 5

Leicester will struggle this season. They had a horrible end to last season and are weaker now.

That said that was very encouraging from Rovers.

Fisher had horror moments which kill any prospects of a career but his distribution was mostly excellent.

Bell looked very decent

Nyambe outstanding- he will be a PL player

Williams very solid but Magliore was superb against Vardy. Not seen him before but as others have said probably the best of the trio emerging; Carter sadly gets done for pace- not Tyler Magliore!

Another anonymous Johnson performance, Travis more interested than in other friendiles but Buckley and Davenport were outstanding when they came on.

Lovely cameo from Chapman but the tackling back by Dolan was something else.

Star of the show was JRC- he is going to be one hell of a player for us this season.

• Like 4