BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BBC Sport

It's Tuesday 1st September 23:10 hours. The BBC Sport website for scores and fixtures has the results of today's games EFL Trophy and Finland league. There is a raft of F A Cup Qualifying games that kicked off between 19:30 and 20:00.  Not a single result is shown.

To me this is shocking coverage and reporting by the BBC. It IS the F A Cup after all. I despair of the modern generation who don't seem to give a toss about getting information out to those who want it. Don't give a toss about "doing things correctly and meticulously".

Another (justified) rant from an old timer.

• Like 7

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, bazza said:

It's Tuesday 1st September 23:10 hours. The BBC Sport website for scores and fixtures has the results of today's games EFL Trophy and Finland league. There is a raft of F A Cup Qualifying games that kicked off between 19:30 and 20:00.  Not a single result is shown.

To me this is shocking coverage and reporting by the BBC. It IS the F A Cup after all. I despair of the modern generation who don't seem to give a toss about getting information out to those who want it. Don't give a toss about "doing things correctly and meticulously".

Plenty of good games about as well. Darwen vs Barnoldswick for one!

Always been that way on BBC Sport, anything below the Conference in whatever capacity comes through in dribs and drabs, suspect it's more to do with their feeds for the data than lack of effort. It's the same for the likes of the Highland League in Scotland.

My main problem with the BBC's coverage is that they'll spend from now to Christmas gibbering on about the 'magic of the Cup', then as soon as the big names come along the cast aside the Chorleys, Stanleys and whoever else of this world so we can watch Man City drub Charlton 8-0...

It's a shame really, when the Beeb want to they can pull off 'obscure' football journalism and representation with the best (one of the reasons I genuinely admire their attempts at promoting the Women's game). Sadly, there's more mileage in 'who would make your combined Fulham v. Leicester XI?'...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bazza said:

BBC funding is getting cut left right and centre. It's no surprise unfortunately, they just haven't got the resources.

Have you checked the local radio service they offer? Most are very good at covering across the whole of their patch.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Off to a cup game tonight my first live game of football since March, can't wait. To be fair to the BBC they always show a cup game in the early rounds on the red button. I didn't watch it but last night they had Maine Road against someone. 

Squires Gate who won 5-0

On 01/09/2020 at 23:12, bazza said:

Yes. The BBC Sport website is very poor - content and navigation wise.