BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will you buy a Season Ticket?

Are you buying a Season Ticket?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Considering the price hike/Covid will you buy a Season Ticket this season?

• Existing Season Ticket holder - will renew.
    • Existing Season Ticket holder - won't renew.
    • Not a current Season Ticket holder - will buy one this season.

Being honest, whilst obviously I respect that it's always a lot of money to part with to get a season ticket & I'm not judging anyone for their individual choice, I have a lot of sympathy for the club when it comes to the current situation. Championship clubs leak money at the best of times, and that's without an unscheduled 6 months when we don't generate a penny in revenue. 

I know people will perfectly reasonably bring up the Smallwood/Sam Hart contracts, amongst other things, and that's fair enough. There are certainly things which could have been done differently, but the fact remains that our club (as with most at this level) are in a bloody difficult situation at present, so provided the price hike isn't a ridiculous one, I'm happy to cut them some slack under the circumstances. 

• Like 2

• Madon featured and unfeatured this topic

I haven't had one for 5 or 6 years now (and even then I can only get to a max of 10 home games a season as I live in Scotland) but I'm going to buy two this season, one for me and one for my sister, simply because I have no other way of supporting the club as such. And because I am extremely lucky enough to be able to afford to do so.

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I haven't had one for 5 or 6 years now (and even then I can only get to a max of 10 home games a season as I live in Scotland) but I'm going to buy two this season, one for me and one for my sister, simply because I have no other way of supporting the club as such. And because I am extremely lucky enough to be able to afford to do so.

I wonder if there are some fans who cannot attend regularly but would be prepared to “pay it forward” for a youngster to have a complimentary ticket for a game ?

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

I wonder if there are some fans who cannot attend regularly but would be prepared to “pay it forward” for a youngster to have a complimentary ticket for a game ?

I would be happy to allow a parent and child to use mine on the many weeks I couldn't, I wonder if we could set up a 'buddying' scheme?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I would be happy to allow a parent and child to use mine on the many weeks I couldn't, I wonder if we could set up a 'buddying' scheme?

You would probably find Waggott would not allow it because it would reduce sales.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

I don't know if this is feasible Ian but a thought occurred to me today but I haven't a clue about how it would impact upon P&S or club finances. Could Venkys purchase a few thousand season tickets using their own money and perhaps donate them to various groups such a schools or youth organisations?

Sorry to burden you with this but I get the impression you know your way around finance and regulations.

I’ve never been so disillusioned at the idea of buying a ST. Even when Kean was here I was determined to outlast him.

I won’t get to keep my seat

I’ve no idea if iFollow will be available while the ground is closed

I’ve no idea if/when I will be able to attend

I’ve no idea which stand I’ll end up in

I don’t know if I will be able to sit near my usual group

I do know that the price will go up

I know that my support isn’t valued beyond the balance sheet (I’m being asked to by a shit football shirt if I can)

The stadium and surrounding area is being left to rot

I’m expected to be grateful to Venkys for paying 20% of minimum wage salaries

The communication has been so poor as to be insulting

The actual match experience will be shit

We haven’t recruited well and are lucky to have a goalkeeper 

We have a manager I have no faith in and a chief exec I have no respect for

We have owners who are keeping this whole miserable charade going with no end in sight

The reward, promotion, is both unlikely and wouldn’t necessarily mean that anything changes (apart from more defeats)

I am being told that I have to put my money in for the good of the club but I don’t even feel part of one

Can someone sell me the pros?

• Like 3

I was fully intending to end my boycott this season and buy one. Covid has put a stop to that. I’ve effectively lost my livelihood, although when I’ve been in a tight spot financially before I found the money and could do again, but after 6 months of shielding due to a health condition I’m not going to be entering the ground for a while.

If I was buying one effectively as a new customer, I’d be ok with a modest price hike... I’d question the logic and see it as typically short sighted, but I’d grin and bear it. If I was renewing I’d be seriously pissed off. The entire tone of that message from Waggott is dreadful. Illogical justifications, deliberately provocative and divisive, and generally incompetent (telling people to go out and buy shirts which aren’t even on sale yet). 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if this is feasible Ian but a thought occurred to me today but I haven't a clue about how it would impact upon P&S or club finances. Could Venkys purchase a few thousand season tickets using their own money and perhaps donate them to various groups such a schools or youth organisations?

Sorry to burden you with this but I get the impression you know your way around finance and regulations.

They could but the sales wouldn’t count as revenue for P&S/FFP purposes as it is a connected transaction. It would be a donation effectively. 

55 minutes ago, rigger said:

You would probably find Waggott would not allow it because it would reduce sales.

I’ve not really thought it through as will become apparent....but...

That’s kind of why I suggested a youngster. Say I am thinking of buying a £350 season ticket but I know I can’t make any of the midweek games, it might not make economic sense, so I don’t bother. But I might be more inclined to do so if I thought it could be used by a kid who otherwise wouldnt be able to go. So you could give up your seat for that game to a kid on the proviso that the kid is accompanied by someone who would be buying a ticket.

Needs some work...

7 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

They could but the sales wouldn’t count as revenue for P&S/FFP purposes as it is a connected transaction. It would be a donation effectively. 

Thanks Ian. 'Twas a fanciful notion ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’ve not really thought it through as will become apparent....but...

That’s kind of why I suggested a youngster. Say I am thinking of buying a £350 season ticket but I know I can’t make any of the midweek games, it might not make economic sense, so I don’t bother. But I might be more inclined to do so if I thought it could be used by a kid who otherwise wouldnt be able to go. So you could give up your seat for that game to a kid on the proviso that the kid is accompanied by someone who would be buying a ticket.

Needs some work...

I thought about something similar a while back...

If you know in decent(ish) time you can’t make a game you could effectively give up your ticket for that game. If 20 people registered to do so make 5 family tickets available, Ideally to families who are struggling financially. We aren’t pushed for space At the best of times so there shouldn’t be a problem in finding a spot for them. A simple ‘register your interest’ or waiting list scheme shouldn’t be too arduous for someone at the club to implement.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I thought about something similar a while back...

If you know in decent(ish) time you can’t make a game you could effectively give up your ticket for that game. If 20 people registered to do so make 5 family tickets available, Ideally to families who are struggling financially. We aren’t pushed for space At the best of times so there shouldn’t be a problem in finding a spot for them. A simple ‘register your interest’ or waiting list scheme shouldn’t be too arduous for someone at the club to implement.

Won’t happen. He wants your money for the empty seat AND their money for theirs.

And they all need to buy a shirt each.

And a pie.

And a raffle ticket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I was fully intending to end my boycott this season and buy one. Covid has put a stop to that. I’ve effectively lost my livelihood, although when I’ve been in a tight spot financially before I found the money and could do again, but after 6 months of shielding due to a health condition I’m not going to be entering the ground for a while.

If I was buying one effectively as a new customer, I’d be ok with a modest price hike... I’d question the logic and see it as typically short sighted, but I’d grin and bear it. If I was renewing I’d be seriously pissed off. The entire tone of that message from Waggott is dreadful. Illogical justifications, deliberately provocative and divisive, and generally incompetent (telling people to go out and buy shirts which aren’t even on sale yet). 

I think a few will not renew on health grounds alone. My parents aren't bothering as they can't take the risk due to underlying health conditions. They've been ST holders for decades.

• Like 1