Sign in to follow this  
Yoogo

Rovers Radio

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

I remember the last one being Steve Keans PR.  I hope its not a happy clapper station, needs to be critical too 

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I remember the last one being Steve Keans PR.  I hope its not a happy clapper station, needs to be critical too 

From what I heard in the early discussions when this was just an idea between fans, this will 100% not be a happy clapper station. 

@Miller11 I believe may be able to shed some more light on it?

They’ll need the courage of their convictions in that case as they’ll be hounded on Twitter and Facebook if they are deemed ‘negative’.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

If it is the one I was told about, there won't be any clapping!

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ll need the courage of their convictions in that case as they’ll be hounded on Twitter and Facebook if they are deemed ‘negative’.

Or too positive!

Like the look of this and will definitely be tuning in. Is there any other ways to help or contribute?

Just seen a T Shirt they are selling. Not so 'club friendly' 👍

10 hours ago, barry_ said:

Just seen a T Shirt they are selling. Not so 'club friendly' 👍

That is a thing of beauty! 😆

6D1C1B8D-BC60-4D38-BC10-64F25D81912B.thumb.png.911293047f5face0c120e06fed08d542.png

On 04/09/2020 at 07:44, Madon said:

From what I heard in the early discussions when this was just an idea between fans, this will 100% not be a happy clapper station. 

@Miller11 I believe may be able to shed some more light on it?

I’ll do my best!

I think it’s fair to say that’s the case, but it won’t be a platform for me to air my long held personal views either.

Over time I hope it can develop into something truly by the fans, for the fans. The more engagement and input we can get the better.

On 04/09/2020 at 19:07, LDRover said:

Like the look of this and will definitely be tuning in. Is there any other ways to help or contribute?

We are very much on the lookout for any contributions or assistance in any way shape or form. We will be starting with a couple of hours a week, but hopefully over time that can grow with different shows all with their own format and feel. 

The costs aren’t insignificant. We’ve got a couple of bits of merchandise available, and hopefully soon we will be releasing some really exciting new bits and pieces. We’ll be launching our Patreon backing offering soon, and we are always looking for advertisers and sponsors.

Feel free to ask any questions on here, Twitter or by email, and I’ll keep you updated on this thread.

@Miller11 If you want any web development help, don't hesitate to message me. I do bits and bobs for this site, but I'm also more than happy to help you guys out if you need it.

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

@Miller11 If you want any web development help, don't hesitate to message me. I do bits and bobs for this site, but I'm also more than happy to help you guys out if you need it.

Top man!

On air tomorrow from 13:00

We will be chatting with Morning Call lead singer Tony Sharples and there is music from New Order, REM, A Certain Ratio and others

You can tune in at www.roversradio.co.uk

Well done - It takes a lot of time and effort to get something like this off the ground.

Very enjoyable first show.

For anyone who missed us on Saturday, the show will be repeated tonight from 9pm

Broadcasting today from 1pm

We chat with Chris Martin and Pete Doggett about the upcoming game with Forest.

Music from The Jam, AC/DC, New Order, The Illicits, ELO, a song dedicated to new signing Tom Trybull and more to get you in the mood for the game.

There’s also a competition to test your musical and football knowledge!

listen here

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

3F8F49E0-1536-4DAF-961C-1A546CEA4D3B.jpeg

Is this station run by the Rovers Trust or completely independently?

Just now, Stuart said:

Its definitely not run by the Club!

Can’t be the Trust running it, there’s not been a hagiographic profile of Waggott yet...

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

Rovers Radio was conceived, is funded and is run by the Ewood WMC Supporters Group. 

Edited by MCMC1875

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Radio Rovers was conceived and funded by the WMC Supporters Group. 

Ewood WMC or a coalition?