Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yoogo

Rovers Radio

Recommended Posts

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Noticed this from a Tweet. Fan-run radio station for the coming season. Looking forward to it!

I remember the last one being Steve Keans PR.  I hope its not a happy clapper station, needs to be critical too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I remember the last one being Steve Keans PR.  I hope its not a happy clapper station, needs to be critical too 

From what I heard in the early discussions when this was just an idea between fans, this will 100% not be a happy clapper station. 

@Miller11 I believe may be able to shed some more light on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll need the courage of their convictions in that case as they’ll be hounded on Twitter and Facebook if they are deemed ‘negative’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I remember the last one being Steve Keans PR.  I hope its not a happy clapper station, needs to be critical too 

If it is the one I was told about, there won't be any clapping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ll need the courage of their convictions in that case as they’ll be hounded on Twitter and Facebook if they are deemed ‘negative’.

Or too positive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the look of this and will definitely be tuning in. Is there any other ways to help or contribute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a T Shirt they are selling. Not so 'club friendly' 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, barry_ said:

Just seen a T Shirt they are selling. Not so 'club friendly' 👍

That is a thing of beauty! 😆

6D1C1B8D-BC60-4D38-BC10-64F25D81912B.thumb.png.911293047f5face0c120e06fed08d542.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 07:44, Madon said:

From what I heard in the early discussions when this was just an idea between fans, this will 100% not be a happy clapper station. 

@Miller11 I believe may be able to shed some more light on it?

I’ll do my best!

I think it’s fair to say that’s the case, but it won’t be a platform for me to air my long held personal views either.

Over time I hope it can develop into something truly by the fans, for the fans. The more engagement and input we can get the better.

On 04/09/2020 at 19:07, LDRover said:

Like the look of this and will definitely be tuning in. Is there any other ways to help or contribute?

We are very much on the lookout for any contributions or assistance in any way shape or form. We will be starting with a couple of hours a week, but hopefully over time that can grow with different shows all with their own format and feel. 

The costs aren’t insignificant. We’ve got a couple of bits of merchandise available, and hopefully soon we will be releasing some really exciting new bits and pieces. We’ll be launching our Patreon backing offering soon, and we are always looking for advertisers and sponsors.

Feel free to ask any questions on here, Twitter or by email, and I’ll keep you updated on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Miller11 If you want any web development help, don't hesitate to message me. I do bits and bobs for this site, but I'm also more than happy to help you guys out if you need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

@Miller11 If you want any web development help, don't hesitate to message me. I do bits and bobs for this site, but I'm also more than happy to help you guys out if you need it.

Top man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On air tomorrow from 13:00

We will be chatting with Morning Call lead singer Tony Sharples and there is music from New Order, REM, A Certain Ratio and others
 

You can tune in at www.roversradio.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done - It takes a lot of time and effort to get something like this off the ground.

Very enjoyable first show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who missed us on Saturday, the show will be repeated tonight from 9pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broadcasting today from 1pm

We chat with Chris Martin and Pete Doggett about the upcoming game with Forest.

Music from The Jam, AC/DC, New Order, The Illicits, ELO, a song dedicated to new signing Tom Trybull and more to get you in the mood for the game.

There’s also a competition to test your musical and football knowledge!

listen here

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

3F8F49E0-1536-4DAF-961C-1A546CEA4D3B.jpeg

Is this station run by the Rovers Trust or completely independently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Is this station run by the Rovers Trust or completely independently?

Its definitely not run by the Club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t be the Trust running it, there’s not been a hagiographic profile of Waggott yet...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stuart said:

Is this station run by the Rovers Trust or completely independently?

Rovers Radio was conceived, is funded and is run by the Ewood WMC Supporters Group. 

Edited by MCMC1875

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Radio Rovers was conceived and funded by the WMC Supporters Group. 

Ewood WMC or a coalition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.