BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Although right footer Ashley Young played on the left in the World Cup, I don't think that's what should happen. I'm pretty sure that if Rose wasn't injured for the best part of last season he would have been there.

Rose is now fit and Shaw is back to form which is good.

I'd have Walker as the right wing back and either of the other 2 on the left.

Young surprised me and played well but he always cut back in onto his right slowing play down as well as limiting his forward pass options.

Forgot about Shaw, yes I would agree, Shaw in for Trippier.

19 hours ago, roverandout said:

It should be mandatory for english players to get at least 2 years experience playing abroad...sickening when someone like jack wilshire chooses home comforts of west ham rather than play for a club like ac milan...thats why the england team fails because they arent experiencing other football cultures.

Whilst I understand your point and it is very valid maybe why more players dont go overseas is down personal/family reasons. 

I would have like to Wilshere go to AC Milan but the chance to play for his club was too much. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pickford

Gomez Stones Maguire

Walker  Henderson   Dier     Shaw

Ali

Kane  Rashford

Not sure what Marcus Rashford has done to deserve a place over Jesse Lingard, bar headbutt Phil Bardsley.

If Rashford is to play as a direct Sterling replacement, then surely out of Dier, Alli and Lingard, the latter is the least deserving of removal from the starting 11.

Views on Will Hughes potentially being in the squad?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure what Marcus Rashford has done to deserve a place over Jesse Lingard, bar headbutt Phil Bardsley.

If Rashford is to play as a direct Sterling replacement, then surely out of Dier, Alli and Lingard, the latter is the least deserving of removal from the starting 11.

Views on Will Hughes potentially being in the squad?

Want Rashford pace up front to run in behind Spain defence. 

Tough on Lingard but Im sure Southgate will pick him. But I'm picking my team. 

Good player. Could be our box to box/midfield playmaker.

I think Cook would be ahead of him

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Want Rashford pace up front to run in behind Spain defence. 

Tough on Lingard but Im sure Southgate will pick him. But I'm picking my team. 

Good player. Could be our box to box/midfield playmaker.

I think Cook would be ahead of him

The lack of depth is galling. As much as we would like to say, Rashfords not playing well enough, we cant turn our nose up on someone with his attributes when beyond him and Kane, we have absolutely no one of any quality. So I definitely agree that he needs to be involved, but I think id start with Alli and Lingard getting in support of Kane.

The thing with international football is your dealt with the players you have. We have 2 top class right wing backs, so theres that temptation to stick one in an unfamiliar position. Whereas we have such a dearth of talent in other positions, notably up front. 

Fair enough on picking your team, rather than what you think will be played.

Not sure I agree on Lewis Cook. Has talent and is neat and tidy but has not been in the first 11 for Bournemouth this season. Will Hughes is only 23, has played a key part in an excellent start to the season for Watford, and I find it baffling that, with such a lack of depth, that I've not seen his name mentioned.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The lack of depth is galling. As much as we would like to say, Rashfords not playing well enough, we cant turn our nose up on someone with his attributes when beyond him and Kane, we have absolutely no one of any quality. So I definitely agree that he needs to be involved, but I think id start with Alli and Lingard getting in support of Kane.

The thing with international football is your dealt with the players you have. We have 2 top class right wing backs, so theres that temptation to stick one in an unfamiliar position. Whereas we have such a dearth of talent in other positions, notably up front. 

Fair enough on picking your team, rather than what you think will be played.

Not sure I agree on Lewis Cook. Has talent and is neat and tidy but has not been in the first 11 for Bournemouth this season. Will Hughes is only 23, has played a key part in an excellent start to the season for Watford, and I find it baffling that, with such a lack of depth, that I've not seen his name mentioned.

I think Wilson has been playing well but young English strikers arent playing atm in the top flight

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pickford

Gomez Stones Maguire

Walker  Henderson   Dier     Shaw

Ali

Kane  Rashford

Trippier is arguably our best player. How can he be left out?

I'd swap Walker out for Trippier, and maybe Lingard for Alli  Apart from that probably the best lineup there from the squad.

I would have liked to see someone like Shelvey in for Dier but Southgate is not a fan.

On the nations league - think it could be a good thing. It means we should play more top quality opposition in (at least theoretically) competitive games. Will reserve judgement on it till weve completed a few rounds.

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'd swap Walker out for Trippier, and maybe Lingard for Alli  Apart from that probably the best lineup there from the squad.

I would have liked to see someone like Shelvey in for Dier but Southgate is not a fan.

On the nations league - think it could be a good thing. It means we should play more top quality opposition in (at least theoretically) competitive games. Will reserve judgement on it till weve completed a few rounds.

Not sure that Southgate will break up the trio of Henderson as a pivot with Alli and Lingard slightly ahead.

My main worry with that trio is a lack of ability to control and dictate, it is very progressive, but Dier certainly doesnt improve that.

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I like Tripper alot and rated him highly. Walker and Gomez have had better starts to the season than Tripper from what Ive seen so far. 

I agree on Shevley being in squad but isnt he injured at the minute. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure that Southgate will break up the trio of Henderson as a pivot with Alli and Lingard slightly ahead.

My main worry with that trio is a lack of ability to control and dictate, it is very progressive, but Dier certainly doesnt improve that.

We will need 2 defensive midfielders against Spain tomorrow. 

22 hours ago, AAK said:

Forgot about Shaw, yes I would agree, Shaw in for Trippier.

I've had a think about this. Southgate isn't going to drop Trippier or Walker off the back of a few good games by Gomez. I also think Rose will play ahead of Shaw, although Shaw is the long term replacement - if he keeps his form.

19 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've had a think about this. Southgate isn't going to drop Trippier or Walker off the back of a few good games by Gomez. I also think Rose will play ahead of Shaw, although Shaw is the long term replacement - if he keeps his form.

He played Gomez a couple of times before he got injured and clearly rates him. As much as Walker and Trippier individually are 2 of our key players, you'd be disappointed to be on the bench behind a right back playing your position.

Nations League games may be built up as more important than friendlies, even though the system is immensely confusing, but this has to be the time for slight experimentation, and Rose has been really poor in the last year. 

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Tripper alot and rated him highly. Walker and Gomez have had better starts to the season than Tripper from what Ive seen so far. 

I agree on Shevley being in squad but isnt he injured at the minute. 

We will need 2 defensive midfielders against Spain tomorrow. 

Looks like Southgate disagrees :o

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

England have not regressed under Southgate. 

Henderson deserve his place in the squad. Good world cup. 

Feel for Shaw 

Balls..henderson isnt up to it. He had a moment when there was an england player in loads of space...instead he turned back and played a short pass into trippier who was surrounded. This is the problem..england have no one who has that eye for a killer ball..southgate should have addressed this in the summer..players like maddison and foden have that vision. Foden is inexperienced yes but if you are good enough you are old enough...look at spain 5 or 6 midfielders who have that eye for a killer ball. All good in posession.

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Balls..henderson isnt up to it. He had a moment when there was an england player in loads of space...instead he turned back and played a short pass into trippier who was surrounded. This is the problem..england have no one who has that eye for a killer ball..southgate should have addressed this in the summer..players like maddison and foden have that vision. Foden is inexperienced yes but if you are good enough you are old enough...look at spain 5 or 6 midfielders who have that eye for a killer ball. All good in posession.

I agree we need deep playmaker. I would have like Cook or Ward Prowse in the squad. Maddison has been good for Leicester from what Ive seen. Very talented. 

I would have like us to play a different way/formation like 4-3-3 second half. 

• Like 1