BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 1 month later...

Bloody Hell, how bad was that first half ? One team's playing stood still football and the other is actually running. It's like watching Rovers on a bad day. Dack is better than Mount and I only realised Sancho was playing about 3 minutes ago. A great cure for Insomnia. Henderson and Rice = Evans and Smallwood.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Thought it was a tactically weird game from Southgate. Czechs really good so all credit to them. However we couldn't compete in midfield at all game but we stuck with three strikers and 3 mids and then brought on a fourth striker for a midfielder at the end.

It seemed obvious we should have brought Winks or Barkley on for a striker from around the 30th minute. 

Still first qualification game we've lost in 43 so no point getting too bent out of shape.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Wrong selection wrong formation wrong tactics

We were really awful tonight. Too static, too slow to the ball, totally out enthused by a pretty ordinary but very willing team. A lot of big reputations out there that did next to nothing. They played like they didn't want to be out there.

Southgate's getting found out now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 hours ago, Husky said:

A week off from Mowbray's shite and that's what we get. ?

I heard a rumour he was flown over as special adviser (more of Southgate's nonsense)

Anyone for the rugby?

Southgate & Mowbray, what a dream ticket. That old Boro magic.

If only you could bottle it and sell it as a cure for insomnia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr X said:

Well done to the Czech Republic! 

?

Quite right. They have always put out a decent team for a relatively small country and usually have one of the best kits around.

England meanwhile loses there first qualifier 10 years whilst not actually having won anything at the Senior level for over 50 years. Such is progress.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

England never got going at all. 

I dont know why Rashford didnt start in place of Sancho. Rice, Mount and Tripper have been good for club. But felt Barkley did more than Mount did. 

Henderson wouldnt start for me either

Funny how we all see different things. Henderson would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Can understand why you don’t rate him though.

20 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Funny how we all see different things. Henderson would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Can understand why you don’t rate him though.

I would have played Barkley and Mount. 

Rose wouldnt have played for me. Chilwell would have played for me. 

20 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He was poor last night but having said that who had a good game ? I didn't know Sancho was playing until about 5 minutes before half time. Mount did nothing. We're crying out for a David Dunn type who can actually carry the ball from the half way line to the the penalty area. Stirling was back to fluffing good chances for England. Harry Kane - not fit to lace Shearers boots as a striker off that showing.

The back four looked terrible, Danny Rose especially had a shocker.

• Moderation Lead
36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

England never got going at all. 

I dont know why Rashford didnt start in place of Sancho. Rice, Mount and Tripper have been good for club. But felt Barkley did more than Mount did. 

Henderson wouldnt start for me either

Rashford didn’t start in place of Sancho as he’s inferior at football.

He’s one of those players that really isn’t very good, but gets hyped a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

Rashford didn’t start in place of Sancho as he’s inferior at football.

He’s one of those players that really isn’t very good, but gets hyped a lot.

If he's worse than Sancho he shouldn't be playing at all. These lads sum up what is wrong with modern football, not a spark of inspiration or willingness to try something different. They play like robots that have been programmed to play football. There was no tempo to our play, the Czechs played at twice the level of intensity. I don't rate Southgate and I never have. He's completely colourless, just like the team. It was like watching Rovers on a bad day.

• Like 1