BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Nations League / Cup if far better than (random) friendlies - however surely with so little pre-season / break why did they bother with this round? I suspect that was reflected in the performance. 

Also I am not convinced Southgate as a manager / motivator / tactician is the right choice. Very articulate etc, but...

• Like 1

Is the Nations League worth the bother, really? Do fans actually care? I can just about summon up the enthusiasm for major tournaments, never mind this convoluted competition.

Just play qualifiers, friendlies/Le Tournoi style mini tournaments in the build up to Euros/World Cups and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How Nobby Stiles wasn't the first is a mystery to me, and Eusebio no doubt.   

Different times. Nobby would average about 10 minutes a game playing time these days and so would many more from then.

A tough tackler was a better watch that today's divers. 

19 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I hear Foden and Greenwood are about to be sent home for breaching COVID-19 rules. Silly, silly boys!!

I think it once again shows footballers think they are above the law. Tbf they usually are so you can see why they would think that way. Bans for players breaking Covid restrictions would be a step in the right direction. 

Even amongst the moral sewer of football this one surprises me a bit. For starters they'd just been called up to the England squad - you would have thought that they would have been desperate to stake their claim and not done anything to jeopardize it. Also from what I read on BBC it was to meet a couple of girls. I mean they will have had girls throwing themselves at them in Manchester, couldn't they have shown a bit of restraint and waited a few days? They can't have been that desperate. 

Another in a long list of footballers being above the law. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

I think it once again shows footballers think they are above the law. Tbf they usually are so you can see why they would think that way. Bans for players breaking Covid restrictions would be a step in the right direction. 

Even amongst the moral sewer of football this one surprises me a bit. For starters they'd just been called up to the England squad - you would have thought that they would have been desperate to stake their claim and not done anything to jeopardize it. Also from what I read on BBC it was to meet a couple of girls. I mean they will have had girls throwing themselves at them in Manchester, couldn't they have shown a bit of restraint and waited a few days? They can't have been that desperate. 

Another in a long list of footballers being above the law. 

Spot on. I was going to say it sums up the arrogance of young professional footballers but that would be doing a disservice to the Marcus Rashfords of this world.

37 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Spot on. I was going to say it sums up the arrogance of young professional footballers but that would be doing a disservice to the Marcus Rashfords of this world.

What annoys me Andy is the many people who are excusing them because of their age. Arrogance sums them up pretty much but I detest this above the law attitude that some of them have. As you say Rashford has been a beacon of humanity in the recent past and the likes of them two have let him and their profession down.

• Like 3