BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it really bad that Scotland fans are getting exciting considering how few and far between an appearance at a major tournament is for them? I would be the same I am sure. We can take for granted qualification, albeit more often than not we are on our way home early.

This would be a stupid tactical decision by Southgate if there is any truth:

https://talksport.com/football/892753/gareth-southgate-full-backs-england-euro-2020-croatia-man-utd-luke-shaw-centre-back/

4 full backs, Shaw at CB where he has never played, and totally changing the formation to try and protect one player. Why have 3 other centre backs in the squad?

Surley not? One full back in the back 3 yes but two? No thanks! 

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Unbelievable that he should admit to not having seen a foul. As @arbitrowill no doubt confirm, rule number 1 for a referee is "never guess".

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Unbelievable that he should admit to not having seen a foul. As @arbitrowill no doubt confirm, rule number 1 for a referee is "never guess".

That's right Andy. I did once by trying to join the dots and dropped huge clod. Grimsby were on a quick counter attack and I saw a Grimsby player pushed to the ground. A second or two later I had a chance to look proper and Gus Uhlenbeek was the nearest Sheffield United player to the incident so my assumption was it must have been him although there weren't too many complaints at the time when I yellow carded him. Of course Sods Law dictated that Uhlenbeek would get a legitimate caution a few minutes later and off he went. I saw the video back the day after and sure enough it was Bobby Ford who committed the first foul. I really expected to be in the news but heard nothing particularly as my least favourite manager was in charge at Sheffield United. I saw Warnock some months later and asked why he didn't appeal. He said he wasn't bothered as he was bombing Uhlenbeek anyway.

• Like 5