BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

Bournemouth won 5-3 in a friendly v today. Not the ideal opening fixture in terms of difficulty.

With Mowbray pulling his finger out and getting some defenders in prior seemingly an impossibility, would personally go with this:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams

Travis Evans Holtby

Brereton Armstrong Rankin Costello

Subs: Eastham, Gallagher, Chapman, Rothwell, Buckley, Davenport, Johnson

Obviously Dolan very unlucky to miss out on a weak looking bench and am happy for him to be sub over either Chapman or Rothwell really. 

Dont want to see Bell hence the choice on the left hand side of defence. Rankin Costello is back up to step back into defence should we get an injury.

Cant say that I have any confidence on opening day, even with Bournemouth in some sort of limbo and with a rookie manager. Only goal threat comes from Armstrong and defence is hardly a strudy one. Would love to be proven wrong and see us get a good result.

• Mike E pinned this topic

Very tough start and even if we bring anyone in this week I can't see them featuring. I'd go with the following line up.                                 

Kaminski

Nyambe         Lenihan                 Wharton       Williams

Travis                     Evans

JRC                            Holtby                        Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Fisher, Magloire, Johnson, Davenport, Chapman, Dolan, Gallagher

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Very tough start and even if we bring anyone in this week I can't see them featuring. I'd go with the following line up.                                 

Kaminski

Nyambe         Lenihan                 Wharton       Williams

Travis                     Evans

JRC                            Holtby                        Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Fisher, Magloire, Johnson, Davenport, Chapman, Dolan, Gallagher

I nornally agree football wise with you but Del at left back? ☹ no no no

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I nornally agree football wise with you but Del at left back? ☹ no no no

I've always thought he is a better left back than centre back and he is certainly a better option there than Bell. Ideally we bring someone in this week who goes straight in at left back but I'm not holding my breath on that front.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

I've always thought he is a better left back than centre back and he is certainly a better option there than Bell. Ideally we bring someone in this week who goes straight in at left back but I'm not holding my breath on that front.

I'd rather play a 3 lenihan nyambe and Wharton before Del would play....Bell is a better wing back than full back 

Ive always liked Shane Ferguson' as a leftie

Edited by Sparks Rover

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's a dreadful full-back, simply because he has no idea what to do with the ball. He gets away with it at CB a bit more. He's actually a decent defender. 

• Like 3

Team selection, tactics and formation will be a lucky dip.

What we have learned from the pre-season friendlies is our second choice eleven would walk a Championship made up of second choice elevens.

Nobody has the first clue what our first choice eleven should be.

As for Bournemouth, they will be anything from hungover to totally fired up and anything in between. 

We could even be facing Wilson and King playing to impress watching scouts to secure their moves.

Impossible to forecast beyond 4/1 on being disappointed by Mowbray.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bournemouth won 5-3 in a friendly v today. Not the ideal opening fixture in terms of difficulty.

With Mowbray pulling his finger out and getting some defenders in prior seemingly an impossibility, would personally go with this:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams

Travis Evans Holtby

Brereton Armstrong Rankin Costello

Subs: Eastham, Gallagher, Chapman, Rothwell, Buckley, Davenport, Johnson

Obviously Dolan very unlucky to miss out on a weak looking bench and am happy for him to be sub over either Chapman or Rothwell really. 

Dont want to see Bell hence the choice on the left hand side of defence. Rankin Costello is back up to step back into defence should we get an injury.

Cant say that I have any confidence on opening day, even with Bournemouth in some sort of limbo and with a rookie manager. Only goal threat comes from Armstrong and defence is hardly a strudy one. Would love to be proven wrong and see us get a good result.

For me Magloire showed more in one game than Wharton did in three. I'd have him over Wharton any day, but in reality I think we'll see a foreign defender there, or maybe Nat Philips if that finally gets sorted.

Kaminski
Nyambe Lenihan Magloire Bell
Travis Evans Holtby
Dolan Armstrong JRC

9 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

he absolutely isn't better at left back at all, if anywhere he plays centre half

• Like 4

I actually think this is a great opening fixture for us, as there is very little pressure. Bournemouth will be massive favourites and while most rovers fans, like myself, will be optimistic there should be an overall recognition that they have a far superior squad to us. It’s almost a free hit, which means we should avoid the disappointment and anger experienced when we lost on the opening day to Charlton last season, who many saw as a home banker.

Having said that, this is still a game we can get points from, especially as relegated teams tend to take one or two games to get going, such as Fulham who lost to Barnsley on the opening day last season. Along with that we probably have a more settled squad than them, so I can see it being a fairly even game. 

I would go with:

Kaminski

nyambe lenihan Williams New/bell

travis holtby evans

JRC Arma BB

subs: fisher, Wharton, Bennett, Johnson, rothwell, Chapman, Dolan.

would actually prefer Davenport over Johnson but can’t see TM going with that. 

I think our recruitment this week will actually have a massive impact upon the outcome for this game. I think In centre back we have enough to get by one or two games if need be but at LB we really need to get someone in, Bell will cost us games.

Going for a 1-1 draw. 

• Like 1

This will go one of two ways 

Either they will put us to the sword, highlighting a gulf in class and running us ragged.

Or we will catch them out as can sometimes happen early in the season as they adjust to new conditions and new manager.

We will concede as we always do away.

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Newcastle had offer accepted for Callum Wilson so at least he won't be playing. 

Wilson, so hopefully King, Brooks to follow? 

I’ll be following their forum’s transfer thread this week instead... least there’ll be some actual movement!

35 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I actually think this is a great opening fixture for us, as there is very little pressure. Bournemouth will be massive favourites and while most rovers fans, like myself, will be optimistic there should be an overall recognition that they have a far superior squad to us. It’s almost a free hit, which means we should avoid the disappointment and anger experienced when we lost on the opening day to Charlton last season, who many saw as a home banker.

Having said that, this is still a game we can get points from, especially as relegated teams tend to take one or two games to get going, such as Fulham who lost to Barnsley on the opening day last season. Along with that we probably have a more settled squad than them, so I can see it being a fairly even game. 

I would go with:

Kaminski

nyambe lenihan Williams New/bell

travis holtby evans

JRC Arma BB

subs: fisher, Wharton, Bennett, Johnson, rothwell, Chapman, Dolan.

would actually prefer Davenport over Johnson but can’t see TM going with that. 

I think our recruitment this week will actually have a massive impact upon the outcome for this game. I think In centre back we have enough to get by one or two games if need be but at LB we really need to get someone in, Bell will cost us games.

Going for a 1-1 draw. 

That would be my side as well assuming no injuries or incomings ?

• Like 1