BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wharton but he is a far better centre half than Magloire for one simple reason he can head the ball. Magloire appears to be unable to head the ball and if you are going to make it as a centre back then you are going to have to be able to head it.

Magloire had an 75% aerial duel completion rate, winning three headers in the game out of four...

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Magloire had an 75% aerial duel completion rate, winning three headers in the game out of four...

Use your eyes instead of useless stats that do not tell the real story. The reason he is only competing 4 times in the air is because most of the time he doesn't get of the ground to challenge. I'd be expecting my centre half to win a lot more than 3 headers in a game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Use your eyes instead of useless stats that do not tell the real story. The reason he is only competing 4 times in the air is because most of the time he doesn't get of the ground to challenge. I'd be expecting my centre half to win a lot more than 3 headers in a game. 

I didn't see the game but with Vardy up top were Leicester actually putting in high crosses in to the box ?

• Like 1

I'd like to see when Dack is fit:

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Maglorie, Bell

Holtby

Rankin Costello,       Travis

B B,                                             Armstrong

Dack

6 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I'd like to see when Dack is fit:

Kaminski

Nyambe, Lenihan, Maglorie, Bell

Holtby

Rankin Costello,       Travis

B B,                                             Armstrong

Dack

It has never worked when Dack has played that role previously. He is a number 10, not a 9 or false 9 and Armstrong is a striker not a winger. Play our most dangerous goal threat's in their best and most effective positions. 

• Like 1

Brooks made a return to fitness today for Wales, if he plays on Saturday he will be a massive danger, I can only imagine what he will do if we play Bell against him!

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/team-v-blackburn.12374/page-2

Looking at their side compared to last year, they definitely miss King and Wilson in terms of attack. Plenty to cause our defence problems I would suggest though, Solanke is a 20m flop really but he started scoring towards the end of last season, Surridge did ok at Swansea, Stanislas was always an irritant when at Burnley and Danjuma is a fast winger that they paid decent money for.

Their midfield is very strong, Lerma, Cook, Billing, Gosling are all very good options. They also have plenty of good defenders at this level, Kelly signed from Bristol City last summer and Liverpool were linked with him before signing that Greek left back, Adam Smith, Rico and Stacey are all good full backs, and Cook is a very experienced CB. And Mepham is regularly involved with Wales. Ramsdale is a loss but Travers looked good when he got a chance in the Premier League. 

Will be a tough game on the opening day, we will have to keep it as tight as we can, hopefully with the aid of some new defenders between now and then, and hope that Armstrong can do something on the counter attack.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

No.. an aerial duel is any high ball that a player is challenging for, whether he leaves the ground or not.

Headers won is not a useless stat when discussing how many headers somebody wins. For Christ sake hahahahahhahahah!

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd be expecting my centre half to win a lot more than 3 headers in a game. 

Were you a Tosin Adarabioyo fan? He averages 4.82 headers a game. Magloire averages 4.12. Hardly a vast difference.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

No.. an aerial duel is any high ball that a player is challenging for, whether he leaves the ground or not.

Headers won is not a useless stat when discussing how many headers somebody wins. For Christ sake hahahahahhahahah!

You aren't going to win many headers if you don't leave the ground, I can assure you of that.

Just now, JoeH said:

Were you a Tosin Adarabioyo fan? He averages 4.82 headers a game. Magloire averages 4.12. Hardly a vast difference.

No I wasn't a Tosin fan he's was no way near dominant enough defensively given his stature 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd take a repeat of yesterdays effort and determination whatever the score turns out to be. Play like that again and Bournemouth will know they've been in a game. Trouble with Rovers is we rarely put two good performances in together.

Rovers started yesterday with a clear 4-5-1 defensive approach first 30 mins or so.  We didn't high press and kept hitting aimless balls to Armstrong who won nothing. 

Then TM changed it to the 4-3-3 high press and suddenly we were much better and pretty much dominated the game from there.

High press against Bournemouth will either catch them cold (championship wise) with no time on the ball or they'll have the quality to play through it.  

4-5-1 will see us sit back, invite pressure and concede.

I'd like to see us on the front foot from the off this season.  Is TM brave enough though or will he change tactics again to try and outsmart the opposition?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rigger said:

0-2 Rovers 

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

That would be our first clean sheet in 7 months. That would be more shocking than a win.

We have a new goalkeeper. He maybe like Neuer and ter Stegen rolled into one.

• Like 1

————Kaminski———-

JRC Nyambe Lenihan Williams

—-—Travis Holtby Rothwell—-

—————Buckley————

—-Brereton———Armstrong 

I’d go with that to start I think. Don’t trust Bell enough even after a good performance at weekend. Can switch it round and have Williams in the middle and JRC at left back if you want.  Nyambe to partner Lenihan in the middle and JRC in at RB. Up and down the touchline son. Travis-Holtby-Rothwell is the Balance I want to see in midfield, and Buckley looks shear quality and needs a run in the side. Brereton and Armstrong running the sideline game.

Edited by Fraserkirky

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It has never worked when Dack has played that role previously. He is a number 10, not a 9 or false 9 and Armstrong is a striker not a winger. Play our most dangerous goal threat's in their best and most effective positions. 

It has imo  

Dack holds the ball up best of any player we have. 

3 up front does not include wingers, especially when Dack can drop deep and interchange with the other 2 strikers. 

And the formation allows our best midfield and attacking players to play.

Would especially love to see JRC in central mid. He and Travis doing the running as Holtby sprays the passes 

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

————Kaminski———-

—————Buckley————

—-Brereton———Armstrong 

I’d go with that to start I think. Don’t trust Bell enough even after a good performance at weekend. Can switch it round and have Williams in the middle and JRC at left back if you want.  Nyambe to partner Lenihan in the middle and JRC in at RB. Up and down the touchline son. Travis-Holtby-Rothwell is the Balance I want to see in midfield, and Buckley looks shear quality and needs a run in the side. Brereton and Armstrong running the sideline game.

Three of your back four are out of position.

6 hours ago, andyroversmad said:

I like how nobody has chosen Bennett for right back. I hope i am wrong but If he's not injured Mowbray will start him.

Nyambe needs to be settled as our right back. To keep dropping him to play Bennett harms the team, and harms Nyambe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd take a repeat of yesterdays effort and determination whatever the score turns out to be. Play like that again and Bournemouth will know they've been in a game. Trouble with Rovers is we rarely put two good performances in together.

First of your posts I'm not so sure about Tyrone. I see what you mean post lockdown- clever wins Vs Cardiff and Bristol were in amongst some right dross.  t

prior to lockdown the problem imo has been runs - we've been on some good ones under TM but some horrific ones too. The latter have been a real problem as it seems oil tankers turn quicker than we do to reverse bad form. 

Not sure which will win out tbh runs or inconsistency. Mind you I think we're debating what our inconsistency will look like, which highlights the huge issue of our errataic team. 

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

First of your posts I'm not so sure about Tyrone. I see what you mean post lockdown- clever wins Vs Cardiff and Bristol were in amongst some right dross.  t

prior to lockdown the problem imo has been runs - we've been on some good ones under TM but some horrific ones too. The latter have been a real problem as it seems oil tankers turn quicker than we do to reverse bad form. 

Not sure which will win out tbh runs or inconsistency. Mind you I think we're debating what our inconsistency will look like, which highlights the huge issue of our errataic team. 

To be honest I'm not sure we can put two good halves together never mind two good games. We're very consistent in our inconsistency.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

————Kaminski———-

—————Buckley————

—-Brereton———Armstrong 

That's an interesting line up FK and has got me thinking differently about things.

How about a slight variation:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Bell

-Travis Holtby JRC

Buckley

-Brereton  Armstrong 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

That's an interesting line up FK and has got me thinking differently about things.

How about a slight variation:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Bell

-Travis Holtby JRC

Buckley

-Brereton  Armstrong 

I would play the new left back instead of Bell.