BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Youd prefer Bell?

Last season when we had a settled back four of Bell, Tosin, Lenihan and Nyambe we only lost a single game against Fulham (1-0). Bell was much improved in that period and far superior to Williams who is an awful LB, which is why he’s himself asked to not be considered for that position anymore.

Williams has shown himself to be a capable CB when he’s played there for us. Can you name a single game he was truly poor at CB for us?

That’s not me saying that Bell and Williams are good enough for a promotion chasing club. But they are more than capable of doing a job to get results in this league.

Wharton/Magloire/Carter look really promising but Magloire/Carter have already shown they have major mistakes in them at this level and Wharton is unproven. 

• Like 5

This game for me will be a lot like Leicester. 1-1 is probably a good guess at a final score. Like most relegated teams I think they'll probably have a lot of the ball, struggle to create clear chances. With their quality they'll find a way to get one, but I can see Armstrong just hitting the ground running and scoring an equaliser. Dead final 10 minutes with neither team dominating. That's the way I see it going.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Reading about Bell and Williams is not how to start the day.

Reminds me of Dog Shit

Would anyone be surprised if we’re discussing the same two players ahead of the 21-22 season? I certainly wouldn’t. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Miker said:

Wharton is unproven. 

I know 50p head Derek will probably get the nod alongside Lenihan tomorrow but that sort of comment really infuriates me. Wharton has gone out on loan for experience and done all that can be asked of him in the meantime  yet people still claim he's unproven.

"Can't pick him he's unproven".

Yet he can't prove himself for the very same reason that the manager won't pick him!

And on and on we go. Wharton can't win.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Miker said:

Last season when we had a settled back four of Bell, Tosin, Lenihan and Nyambe we only lost a single game against Fulham (1-0). Bell was much improved in that period and far superior to Williams who is an awful LB, which is why he’s himself asked to not be considered for that position anymore.

Williams has shown himself to be a capable CB when he’s played there for us. Can you name a single game he was truly poor at CB for us?

That’s not me saying that Bell and Williams are good enough for a promotion chasing club. But they are more than capable of doing a job to get results in this league.

Wharton/Magloire/Carter look really promising but Magloire/Carter have already shown they have major mistakes in them at this level and Wharton is unproven. 

Preston away for one that's without even thinking about it. He'll have had to have made significant progress on the training pitch to be a decent center half, sorry but that's looking at it as it is without positive spin.

He's a back up man over the course of a season imo.

Game Face ON! Rovers Activated! Looking forward to the new season, even though we are little ship shape at the moment.  Hoping to start the season in untraditional style which would be with a win.  However technically we broke that hoodoo with the win over Doncaster in the cup.  Regardless, if Kaminski can get a cleansheet and we come out of the match with something I will be happy. Bournemouth under new management, players all over the place, can we give them a rude awakening? Fingers crossed.

Match preview and more.

Edited by @roverseas
  • Like 2

Its upsetting that we are still debating Bell or Williams at left back as it simply highlights how we havent improved on  bell.

It also upsetting as bell is better at left back than williams. Williams at lb is a disaster, nowt going forwards and more of liability then bell defensively as bell has some pace and isnt dreadful 1v1.

Also I do remember Williams having a decent start to last season at centre half.

Bell is dreadful 1v1, if a winger runs at him, seldom is Bell anything more useful than a traffic cone.

His pace is totally worthless especially going forward because he simply refuses to do so, checking back or even on the rare occasions that he does, his final ball is beyond poor.

Technically he is awful too, whether it be shanked crosses behind the net or clearances similar to the Doncaster game. I have seen no improvement at all from him. Should not have been given another contract.

Williams is not a good left back either but he is a better defender than Bell 1 v 1 and he is also not totally inept like Bell in terms of crossing, he has a few assists, something Bell isnt capable of.

That being said, it is a joke that we are entering another season with this conundrum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Miker said:

Williams has made a ton of mistakes.

Maglorie looked our best CB in the one game he played. Will be handy to use agsinst pacy opposition. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know 50p head Derek will probably get the nod alongside Lenihan tomorrow but that sort of comment really infuriates me. Wharton has gone out on loan for experience and done all that can be asked of him in the meantime  yet people still claim he's unproven.

"Can't pick him he's unproven".

Yet he can't prove himself for the very same reason that the manager won't pick him!

And on and on we go. Wharton can't win.

Yeah, Williams and Bell are proven to be poor.

I'd give the youngsters a chance. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

Well I have had a shit week, being made redundant, and at my age unlikely to get another job. But the Rovers are going to make my weekend enjoyable by a) winning and b) keeping a clean sheet.

PS. I will settle for either.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope we can start the season with a win and give us all something to be happy about this weekend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Well I have had a shit week, being made redundant, and at my age unlikely to get another job. But the Rovers are going to make my weekend enjoyable by a) winning and b) keeping a clean sheet.

Very sorry to read this. You never know what will happen though so don't give up. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, islander200 said:

Did you buy it through the rovers website or The ifollow app?

Last game I logged into Rovers webpage purchased it but couldn't see how to watch it so downloaded the ifollow app logged in with same details and watched the whole game no issues

Keeps asking me for an activation code before I can pay. I’ve tried through the website and app without success. I consider myself to be quite techy but this has me baffled

3 hours ago, rigger said:

That sucks, hope it all works out for you. Don't rely on Rovers to cheer you up!

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

King won’t play as he’s picked up a ‘slight knock’.

The old ‘calf strain’ routine before they are turning out for someone else a few days later...

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/18714245.tindall-expects-frontman-king-back-cherries-next-week/#comments-anchor

Shades of Hanley with his right knee bandaged, or was it his left knee? Or both maybe.

• Like 1