BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No, but I'm half expecting Kaminski to be an absolute donkey.

If he is in the first game and drops a clanger, I think it's important we don't just write him off. He has enough pedigree to know there's something there, but isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running from game one, after barely training lately and being in a new team and country.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rigger said:

Well I have had a shit week, being made redundant, and at my age unlikely to get another job. But the Rovers are going to make my weekend enjoyable by a) winning and b) keeping a clean sheet.

PS. I will settle for either.

Sorry to hear that rigger, I hope you are able to find something soon. There are plenty of businesses recruiting for whom this virus has turned into an opportunity, perhaps you can get fixed up with one of them. Fingers crossed anyhow.

In the meantime, at least you have this board to read to keep your spirits up...

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he can`t be any worse than walton,that is impossible,i think he`ll be a shouting type of goalkeeper who berates everyone in the box,falls out with mowbray who then picks fisher for the next game,stating "kaminski is`nt ready,he needs to learn how we operate round here!!!!!!!!!!"fisher turns out to be an unmitigated disaster but keeps his place,so in turn we have walton replaced by a walton clone,but he`s a nice lad and thats all that matters

nice story

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If we were going into this on day one with Ayala and Cunningham in the team I’d be DELIGHTED! 

Well obviously! We're not though.

As ever with a new season I have that "new season optimism". Out-of the 3 relegated sides I'm glad we're playing Bournemouth, huge transition there with Howe leaving and a few of there better players going.

Think we can get a result today, but also wary they have some good players.

2-2

• Like 2

Have a chance of winning this one. Looked decent against Leicester and its hard to predict how Bournemouth will fare given their relegation and subsequent upheaval. If we do end up losing though it might be preferable to ship a few goals....Might inject some urgency into our glacial transfer policy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Lots to be positive about with the young lads etc. If we were going into this on day one with Ayala and Cunningham in the team I’d be DELIGHTED! 

Eh?

We're obviously NOT going into the game with said players so strange comment.

I agree with you about the possible potential of the youngsters, the question is, will this manager play them? If he does I'll be delighted.

Don't usually go with the easy start / hard start analysis as you have to play everyone sometime but this could actually be a  good time to catch Bournemouth.

I can see us nicking a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

Feeling bizarrely positive about today, mainly from the point of view that I don't think we've anything to lose. We're away at a team relegated from the PL (albeit in transition themselves), with us having a definite weaker back 4 than last season + a completely unknown keeper, I think that's preferable to Wycombe at home, for example.

That said, there are stats to suggest that a Nyambe / Lenihan / Williams / Bell backline can perform well; let's hope they've worked hard this week in training & formed a good understanding with Kaminski. And that they defend better than West Ham did!

Offensively I'm confident we have enough to trouble any defence, and sufficient depth to make changes tactical if required. With Gallagher injured we're just missing a big man up front, but he's no DG so maybe not such a bug miss.

Could be an end to end thriller! Hoping for the win, won't moan too much at a defeat, a draw I think most feasible.

Let's go! COYB!!

• Like 1

What is the betting that the team TM fields bears no resemblance to any of those 'tested' in pre-season? For example, Gallagher back in, imprisoned in his usual alien slot on the wing. For example, no Dolan, a formation that no-one understands, headless chicken tactics etc (at least we would all be familiar with the latter). giphy.gif

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Feeling bizarrely positive about today, mainly from the point of view that I don't think we've anything to lose. We're away at a team relegated from the PL (albeit in transition themselves), with us having a definite weaker back 4 than last season + a completely unknown keeper, I think that's preferable to Wycombe at home, for example.

That said, there are stats to suggest that a Nyambe / Lenihan / Williams / Bell backline can perform well; let's hope they've worked hard this week in training & formed a good understanding with Kaminski. And that they defend better than West Ham did!

Offensively I'm confident we have enough to trouble any defence, and sufficient depth to make changes tactical if required. With Gallagher injured we're just missing a big man up front, but he's no DG so maybe not such a bug miss.

Could be an end to end thriller! Hoping for the win, won't moan too much at a defeat, a draw I think most feasible.

Let's go! COYB!!

This is pretty much where I am too. I'm not happy with our defence, and there undoubtedly need to be additions sooner rather than later, but I think the stick that Bell and certainly Williams gets on here begs the question how we've managed to win so many games with them playing. 

I think we'll turn up and do pretty well, but the result will probably come down to where Bournemouth are. If they're determined to right a few wrongs, then like any relegated team they'll have the quality to cause us real problems. If they're underdone, feeling sorry for themselves or think that they can breeze through the division, I think they're in for a rude awakening. 

• Like 2