BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

Dolan meanwhile has been really encouraging. Lucky find for Mowbray to be honest. The young chap will learn and will get better. Rothwell and him seems to be really good options from the bench. BB started well but faded away in the second half. 

Kaminski did decent. His kicking looks really good. Calm and seems to like to play a Neuer-style of sweeper/keeper role. Shamed he didn't get his hands to any of Bournemouth's long range shots. Hope he doesn't end up like a Paul Robinson.

Now sort the defence Mowbray!

• Like 4

Hope we carry on with the high pressing game and not revert back to the sideways passing.Thought we put some really lovely moves together.

Need a quality left back and centre half asap,I'm giving the manager a little leeway as we are trying to improve the quality of player we bring in on a small budget (it should have been addressed last summer though)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Sack him... bring in Klopp and let’s see what he can do with one of the lowest budgets in the league. ?

Should have won, but the backline hasn’t been good enough. 

I'm sure Klopp would have upgraded 1 of our centre backs since they relegated us 3 years ago with our budget.

The backline wasn't good enough then and isn't good enough now.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Dolan meanwhile has been really encouraging. Lucky find for Mowbray to be honest. The young chap will learn and will get better. Rothwell and him seems to be really good options from the bench. BB started well but faded away in the second half. 

Kaminski did decent. His kicking looks really good. Calm and seems to like to play a Neuer-style of sweeper/keeper role. Shamed he didn't get his hands to any of Bournemouth's long range shots. Hope he doesn't end up like a Paul Robinson.

Now sort the defence Mowbray!

.....THE sad fact is......HE CANNOT SORT THE DEFENCE ....never has, never will 

• Like 3

Just now, Dolly blue said:

Mowbray  will blame Dolan for the loss of possession....but what did those behind  him do to reduce the opportunity to score ?? .....absolutely nothing. 

I fear you’re right. However, as someone said above when you lose the ball half way up the pitch it shouldn’t always lead to a goal conceded. I think he could be a high point of the season I just hope the manager shows the same leniency as he does with Bennett.  

• Like 1

Just now, yellowsubmarine said:

Shamed he didn't get his hands to any of Bournemouth's long range shots. Hope he doesn't end up like a Paul Robinson.

Early days and I don't blame him for these goals...but I do worry he might be a bit like that. I don't remember his highlight reel showing many stops of ranged shots, and so far he is coming across to me like a close range shot stopper. Hopefully he can keep out some from distance too, as our defence likes to leave room out there.

Linahen is very over rated ... Easly brushed off .. meant to be our best defender but is weak ....He only looks good when he’s not in the team ... 

shambles of a defence ... Waggot & TM to Blake with their know it all waffle ....   

Bell .. Should never have been given that extension.... simple .. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Is there anyone who actually believes Bell is good enough at this level? TM can’t honestly be the only on that deluded to think he Is?

I watch a bit of youth football and my 13yr old niece has a cracking left peg on her. I said to my wife the other day that I’d genuinely play her in front of Amari’i Bell. I meant it.

Literally like playing with 10 men! ???

Edited by Paul Mani

3 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

If only BRFCS could manage the lads. That’s not sarcasm, by the way. We have all known that our defence is the key failing in the team, has not been addressed and will cost us points. A Keeley and Faz in that team and we win 2-0.

Probably a Keeley/Faz and a Mick Rathbone but you get the gist.

Lots of encouraging points to take away from the game - Dolan and Rothwell when they came on, Johnson in midfield, Williams looked solid at the back and the 'keeper looked fine.  However, you can't win games by conceding three goals.  I wouldn't blame Dolan as he was in the Bournemouth half trying to create something - more than enough time and distance for midfield and defenders to cover the break.  One of our problems stems from the midfield giving opponents far too much time and space around our own area.

Whilst disappointed with the result, I thought the performance was encouraging, in particular I liked the way the manager set the team up and approached the game - very much on the front foot and looking to take the game to the opposition.

• Like 7

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I watch a bit of youth football and my 13yr old niece has a cracking left peg on her. I said to my wife the other day that I’d genuinely play her in front of Amari’i Bell the other day. I meant it.

Literally like playing with 10 men! ???

But TM still plays him! ?

We have had a full year to replace him, yet nothing! We need a new CB but again nothing. TM and Waggot have to shoulder the blame.

its Criminal!! 

Absolutely gutted, football is about results and we need to get plenty to get where we want but conceding 3 goals will not get us there.

Bell an absolute stand out, dont recall anyone as technically bad as him, numerous mis-controls, anytime he got forward he messed up his cross and once or twice they attacked on the result of his poor play. Why did we give him a new contract? 

Nyambe brilliant for the second goal and we need to sign him long term. Lenihan and Williams werent that bad individually really but we conceded 3 again.

Kaminski made one good save and had no chance with the 3 goals. Quick distribution, mainly long, very reluctant to come off his line though.

Midfield very busy and tenacious but too easy to get round the other side or get shots away from distance. Johnson the pick of the bunch.

Armstrong was quiet but good to see him get a goal. Often peeled off but the midfielders/wide men didnt play the ball quickly enough or bravely enough to put him in.

Not good enough though in front of goal, 15 shots, many pot shots and only 2 on target. Brereton did a couple of nice runs but totally inept in the air and just never offers a goal threat which he has to. Rankin Costello did nothing of note either.

No idea why Evans was brought on at that time. Rothwell and Dolan were bright but the latter was at fault in the build up to the third.

• Like 2