BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

Just now, LDRover said:

The thing is, we all know Bell is shite but, I'm telling you now, he'll stick Benno in there rather than bring a replacement in.

Bennett or Bell. Both are poison at left back.

Talking about Bennett. Saw him giving both Dolan and Rothwell some encouraging words while they were preparing to come on - which is really nice to see as the senior member of the team.

• Like 2

Credit to Mowbray his changes had a good positive influence.  Dis credit to him, 4 years and that defence is still not sorted.  Doubke dis credit playing Bell.  I still have not seen an offside to scratch the goal.  Why isnit such a constant theme with us.

• Like 1

Very encouraging performance with the gutting defeat - all too predictable and in fact I predicted back at the start of this match thread.

My fault lads.

Seriously, we should have won today except from Red Sea parting of the waves at the back and three really excellent strikes from Bournemouth.

Both Dolan and Rothwell were electric when they came on but the Bournemouth experienced defenders pretty quickly  got tight enough to Dolan to snuff him out and sadly force the error which cost us the defeat.

I hope Mowbray perseveres with Dolan because he is going to win more for us than he loses and he certainly injects a level of watchability.

Anybody seen a replay of our disallowed goal? I thought we were played on at the back post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Lots of encouraging points to take away from the game - Dolan and Rothwell when they came on, Johnson in midfield, Williams looked solid at the back and the 'keeper looked fine.  However, you can't win games by conceding three goals.  I wouldn't blame Dolan as he was in the Bournemouth half trying to create something - more than enough time and distance for midfield and defenders to cover the break.  One of our problems stems from the midfield giving opponents far too much time and space around our own area.

Whilst disappointed with the result, I thought the performance was encouraging, in particular I liked the way the manager set the team up and approached the game - very much on the front foot and looking to take the game to the opposition.

A midfield with Johnson and Holtby is going to offer little help defensively in the last ten mins of games.  They aren't fit enough.  

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Linahen is very over rated ... Easly brushed off .. meant to be our best defender but is weak ....He only looks good when he’s not in the team ... You are spot on - to me, his development has stopped and he's going backwards.

shambles of a defence ... Waggot & TM to Blake with their know it all waffle ....   There can be no excuses for where we are - IMO, Waggott and Mowbray are shambolic and need to step aside

Bell .. Should never have been given that extension.... simple .. If we can't find a better left back than Bell anywhere in Europe and within our budget parameters then our scouting / recruitment set up is just, IMO, a bag of sh1te.

• Like 3

I actually quite enjoyed their commentary team and they were reasonably complementary to the Rovers.

So frustrating a game; didn’t deserve to lose. Disappointed with Bell as he didn’t offer anything today. Encouraged by the subs who took the game to them just like Leicester last week. Not too disheartened but definitely frustrated.

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

Anybody seen a replay of our disallowed goal? I thought we were played on at the back post.

Tight but think he was off. I paused it just before the ball was struck and he looks slightly off. I paused it again just after and he still looks slightly off when you zoom it in.

(ive got a pic but it wont upload for some reason)

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Lots of encouraging points to take away from the game - Dolan and Rothwell when they came on, Johnson in midfield, Williams looked solid at the back and the 'keeper looked fine.  However, you can't win games by conceding three goals.  I wouldn't blame Dolan as he was in the Bournemouth half trying to create something - more than enough time and distance for midfield and defenders to cover the break.  One of our problems stems from the midfield giving opponents far too much time and space around our own area.

Whilst disappointed with the result, I thought the performance was encouraging, in particular I liked the way the manager set the team up and approached the game - very much on the front foot and looking to take the game to the opposition.

We lost and conceded three......................that is the stark bottom line.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Give over, clearly we need at least two more to come in but all four have played plenty when we've been just outside the play offs. Not sure what Nyambe's done to be included in that either,

Wouldnt call 10th just outside the play offs..Two centre halfs not good enough at this level. Left Back a joke..Fair enough on the Right Back..Keep him..

Disappointing result but I liked a lot of what I saw.

Kaminski looks a huge upgrade on Walton, plays sweeper and looks decisive, could even be a Raya with brains.

Surprised no mention of Nyambe being awol for the third - I don’t mind Dolan trying tricks in their half, but that was not a situation for the RB to go charging forward. 

Dolan otherwise - fucking hell!

Rothwell doesn’t get involved enough, Holtby is a 50-60 min player still, Johnson was OK I thought.

Gave them a hard game and a bit of luck from Holtby disallowed goal, Dolan or Evans would’ve got us a result. Three unstoppable quality finishes from the Cherries - I bet we won’t see another three like that in a game all season.

• Like 1

We’re going to ship loads of goals as long as that is our defence. It’s not just Bell either. Lenihan needs someone better than him alongside him, ideally someone who can communicate and organise.

I’d be worried about a bid coming in for Nyambe. He’s looking better all the time, we’ve let his contract run down, and I just have the feeling we would accept peanuts for him.

Midfield lacked a bit of mobility, didn’t offer enough protection to the fragile back 4.

I’d loan out Brereton and bring in a physical centre forward. No confidence in him bettering his one a season record.

Despite all that we deserved a point out of that game. Rothwell and Dolan both had a big impact. Maybe coming off the bench is the best way to use them for now. Like the look of Kaminski, assured is the word.

Frustrating as it’s fine margins... couple or three shrewd signings and we could do something.

Edited by Miller11

I don’t know about anyone else but simply put I just enjoyed the game... taking other things out of it, I bloody love some of the football we play these days. It’s so much better than years past in this division. Hoping Dolan gets a start against Newcastle.

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We’re going to ship loads of goals as long as that is our defence. It’s not just Bell either. Lenihan needs someone better than him alongside him, ideally someone who can communicate and organise.

I’d be worried about a bid coming in for Nyambe. He’s looking better all the time, we’ve let his contract run down, and I just have the feeling we would accept peanuts for him.  Fully agree.  I think the lad has been messed about by Mowbray.  Think he will be off to the first decent club that comes in with acceptable offer and who could blame him - reminiscent of Raya situ

Midfield lacked a bit of mobility, didn’t offer enough protection to the fragile back 4.

I’d loan out Brereton and bring in a physical centre forward. No confidence in him bettering his one a season record.

Despite all that we deserved a point out of that game. Rothwell and Dolan both had a big impact. Maybe coming off the bench is the best way to use them for now. Like the look of Kaminski, assured is the word.

Frustrating as it’s fine margins... couple or three shrewd signings and we could do something.

• Like 3

Willams and Bell were terrible.

Poor ball control and passing and defending. And Williams missing as good a chance as you could wish for was the icing on the cake.

Lenihan was poor also.

Need to get out best defender Nyambe signed up long term indeed.

If we had a decent defence we would be a hell of a side. We should've won today.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The take home thing for me is that we have lost which obviously has worsened my mood! Whereas if we won id be very happy now. I would much prefer supposedly less "entertaining" but more effective football

I don’t think they come hand in hand. If we’d have sat back today it would’ve finished 3-0 to them. 3-2 in a game we actually should’ve won is much better, more positive for moving forward and in the end more entertaining to watch.

Midfield, in fact the whole side back off far too much up the park which really doesn't help the defending.  To be fair they looked as ropey as we often do at the back but as you'd expect they are more dangerous coming forwards.

Only real downer was the result and of course the predictability of the usual suspects.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

And don’t forget Jim Branagan 

Loved the guy.

I remember the Portsmouth match in the mid 1980's when he almost kicked Kennedy and O'Callaghan into orbit!

'Killer' then sorted out Woods good and proper but got his marching orders.

Jimmy Hill was apoplectic on MOD!

Jim and Glen knew how to feckin defend and mix it!  How we could do with some of that now. 

• Like 3