BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

11 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Fun fact (which may be incorrect and my memory playing tricks on me) but last time we started a competition on September 12th we went on to win it at Cardiff. History to repeat itself? 

More likely going to be fun fact number 2: We have not won our opening fixture for 10 years. On the plus side of that, at least it gets one of our tougher fixtures out of the way.

Edited by JacknOry

I have had a good long think about this game, and on paper it's very hard to see anything apart from us getting a mullering.

But then again the Championship is a mad unpredictable league so anything can happen. You've always got a decent chance in any game, and a lot of side that come down from the prem underperform until they get to grips with the league.

That said if you were to ask Tindell who his ideal first opponent would be you have to think he would be pretty keen on Rovers. Defensively chaotic, passing focused, not very physical or aerial, who are playing a 433 formation light in midfield. Bournemouth are a very good passing side who can dominate the ball, and that's a very favorable environment....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I have had a good long think about this game, and on paper it's very hard to see anything apart from us getting a mullering.

But then again the Championship is a mad unpredictable league so anything can happen. You've always got a decent chance in any game, and a lot of side that come down from the prem underperform until they get to grips with the league.

That said if you were to ask Tindell who his ideal first opponent would be you have to think he would be pretty keen on Rovers. Defensively chaotic, passing focused, not very physical or aerial, who are playing a 433 formation light in midfield. Bournemouth are a very good passing side who can dominate the ball, and that's a very favorable environment....

I think you need to bear in mind the huge shift they've had. Their four biggest chance creators have now left. They're heading into a new season under a completely new manager, operating a new system, featuring a team made up of half new players (ie. youth players or former reserves from the PL). We found our first games back in League One to be a task, and I think they'll be the same. Unlike Norwich who have some recent CH experience, where most of their XI are better suited and used to this division, Bournemouth have a team that's completely new. Tindall is a very unproven manager.

I must say that is very difficult to get enthused and excited over the usually eagerly anticipated season start.

The fact that we have to watch games on ifollow with no fans and seemingly after yesterdays announcement any hopes of getting into stadiums seem to be removed in the near future and we are going through the motions for a little while yet.

Thrown in is our inevitable failure to strengthen and going into the season with a weaker side that finished 11th and conceded 63 goals and I cant get excited.

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think you need to bear in mind the huge shift they've had. Their four biggest chance creators have now left. They're heading into a new season under a completely new manager, operating a new system, featuring a team made up of half new players (ie. youth players or former reserves from the PL). We found our first games back in League One to be a task, and I think they'll be the same. Unlike Norwich who have some recent CH experience, where most of their XI are better suited and used to this division, Bournemouth have a team that's completely new. Tindall is a very unproven manager.

They still have plenty of Championship experience in Steve Cook, Lewis Cook, Adam Smith, Dan Gosling, Philip Billing, Chris Mepham, Junior Stanislas, Lloyd Kelly etc.

They also still have plenty of quality in Brooks who is fit again, King if he plays which he may well, Stanislas, Danjuma, Solanke hit form last season, Lerma, they have to be big favourites.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Danjuma, Solanke hit form last season, Lerma

Youngster, Premier League fancy lad, Premier League player. Not Championship made footballers. I think Williams and Lenihan will throw their weight around and make it a crap afternoon for their forwards.

Yes if King plays that changes things, but with everything going on there, will he?

19 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Starting the season with Derrick Williams and Amari Bell in defence is a recipe for disaster and a sad indictment of the clubs shambolic work in the transfer market.

It is probably a poorer reflection on Mowbrays inability to bring in defenders. As has been quite rightly stated there is a distinct possibility that three of the back four on Saturday started in Mowbrays first game over three years ago. Despite his bluff and bluster which is swallowed by some it is poor management.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Youngster, Premier League fancy lad, Premier League player. Not Championship made footballers. I think Williams and Lenihan will throw their weight around and make it a crap afternoon for their forwards.

Yes if King plays that changes things, but with everything going on there, will he?

Not sure what defines a "Premier League fancy lad" but you dont have to be a brute to score goals at this level. Armstrong is tiny and came from the Premier League and he scores goals. The Championship is not a league full of thugs, and Solanke will presumably find it easier against weaker defences.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

here is the current Bournemouth Squad

GK- Travers, Boruc, Begovic

Def - Smith, Stacey, Daniels, Mepham, Cook, Simpson, Rico, Lee, Kelly

Mid - Gosling, Brooks, Arter, Cook, Billing, Lerma, Taylor, Kilkenny, Stanislas, Oforborh

Att- King, Solanke, Sturridge, Danjuma

Very strong in midfield.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Billing is one of my personal favourite players, I think he will be top quality 

Cook is the one for me. One of the best midfielders around at this level, been around the block a few times now, nice and combative, can get forward and come back. He’ll be a big one for AFCB.

On 09/09/2020 at 16:27, Miker said:

Our expected back four for our 1st game this season is going to be Bell, Williams, Lenihan and Nyambe.

That got me wondering how many times that foursome has played together in the past 3 seasons.

The games they played in (I’ve only included games where they played as a back four for the entirety of the match):

18/19 Season

Derby (A) 0-0 D

Stoke City (A) 2-3 W

Norwich City (H) 0-1 L

Bolton (H) 2-0 W

19/20 Season

Cardiff (H) 0-0 D

Birmingham (H) 1-1 D

So only 1 loss in 6 games and 3 clean sheets as well. Not bad!

I am torn on Wharton v Williams for the CB slot.

Wharton, 2 good seasons on loan - suspect if wasn’t already ours we’d have been excited to sign a winner with decent experience. Real potential, though is he Championship quality?

Williams. Same old, but to be fair solid when he covered in that position last season. Didn’t he even score, but then got injured?

Hey TM May just play one of the strikers, wingers or even Fisher there anyway!

8 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Having some trouble purchasing this game on iFollow. I don’t have a voucher code that is being asked for. Any ideas? Should I have been sent something by email? 

Did you buy it through the rovers website or The ifollow app?

Last game I logged into Rovers webpage purchased it but couldn't see how to watch it so downloaded the ifollow app logged in with same details and watched the whole game no issues

Edited by islander200