BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

I look forward to this mainly because it'll give us all something quantifiable to moan about. We all know the recruitment hasn't been good enough this summer and with Bell & Williams likely starters tomorrow the goals conceded column will give us confirmation of this come 5pm. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I look forward to this mainly because it'll give us all something quantifiable to moan about. We all know the recruitment hasn't been good enough this summer and with Bell & Williams likely starters tomorrow the goals conceded column will give us confirmation of this come 5pm. 

That Junior Stanislas has come on a nundle recently, I expect he will be too good for Del Bell and Ell 

• Like 1

I think this is a good game for us to start with. I'd much rather start with a game away which we're expected to lose rather than a home game against a newly promoted side at home. 

Not convinced by Bournemouth at all. I think they'll struggle a lot this year. Very much the start of the downward spiral for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Any one else expecting Fisher to start with Kaminski 'bedding in' on the bench?

Not at all. I had wondered if Magloire might be used so we have the pace to cope with King, but from TM's comments it will be Del, and Wharton is next in line if not.

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

King won't be playing tomorrow.

Why so convinced? I get they may want to protect him for a sale, but considering they've already lost Wilson and recouped 80 mill or so in sales, then unless a deal is close I'd probably be inclined to play him if I were them. I've not heard one is?

Just now, bluebruce said:

Why so convinced? I get they may want to protect him for a sale, but considering they've already lost Wilson and recouped 80 mill or so in sales, then unless a deal is close I'd probably be inclined to play him if I were them. I've not heard one is?

Their manager has said that he picked up an injury on international duty.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Remember the last time we played a want-away player? Two OGs and a red card, wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No, but I'm half expecting Kaminski to be an absolute donkey.

he can`t be any worse than walton,that is impossible,i think he`ll be a shouting type of goalkeeper who berates everyone in the box,falls out with mowbray who then picks fisher for the next game,stating "kaminski is`nt ready,he needs to learn how we operate round here!!!!!!!!!!"fisher turns out to be an unmitigated disaster but keeps his place,so in turn we have walton replaced by a walton clone,but he`s a nice lad and thats all that matters

It's quite exciting and equally nerve-wracking to know that the first we will see of our new foreign goalie will be straight into our first league game of the season. Still such an unknown for us all. Fingers crossed he is a good'un as we undoubtedly lost points last season with Walton in goal. Who knows, if he is authoritative in his area and can organise a defence we might see a significant improvement. 

Always positive first game of the season, plenty of time to be let down! COYB!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Remember the last time we played a want-away player? Two OGs and a red card, wasn't it?

That's a very, very special case. Once in a generation levels. I can still barely believe it happened and am convinced some money changed hands in some betting circles on that one.

• Like 1