BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bournemouth away

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

I don't know anyone on this board that would have been happy to start last season with Williams in the team, and Bell is an inconsistent close second to Williams. So, a relatively, surprisingly, positive reaction to their selection. 

Despite the fact that he did not have much choice, it is still a worryingly disappointing defence. 

Bearing in mind we have known since last September that we desperately needed a championship quality defender, who have we signed in anticipation of Aderabaiyo's departure?

The late signing of Aderabaiyo meant he wasn't effective til November, and I think any late signing this season will be the same. That cost us 6 or 7 points last term, and we need to accept that these points are pivotal for the 7 mid-table sides hoping to sneak into sixth place. 

Looking at the line-up, this championship centre-half will also need to be a leader....

Will be sooooo happy with a point, more pressure than ever on Armstrong....

COYB

Don't think anyone is happy with Williams and Bell - we just don't have anyone else.  I'd put Bell at LB ahead of Bennett but it's like choosing between syphilis or gonorrhea - you feel extremely uncomfortable with either.

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

Has anyone’s feed started yet on ifollow? Just a black screen for me at moment 

Took a few goes to get in today. I now have a picture and very poor sound.
Edit: someone has plugged the mic in properly now.

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hard to know what to make of that Bournemouth side. There's no getting away that there's plenty of inexperience there, especially at the back. That's not to say that there isn't talent there too, but I think there are definitely goals there for us today. 

Is there? Cook has over 300 appearances for Bournemouth, and theres about 500 career appearances overall between the 3 of them.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't think anyone is happy with Williams and Bell - we just don't have anyone else.  I'd put Bell at LB ahead of Bennett but it's like choosing between syphilis or gonorrhea - you feel extremely uncomfortable with either.

My point was that we should, by now, have 2 bench players(better than Williams at least) ready to fill the gap until new signings are made. 

Someone better than Williams would not necessarily cost the earth, and would revert to the bench when we sign our ex-Premier League, or European, or U-23 centre-back. 

That is down to Mowbray, not Waggott or Venkys. 

We are currently looking at relegation rather than promotion, and relying on Brereton and Gallacher to improve 100% to take us into the pack. 

I would be as happy with Charlie in the team as Derek. 

Strong looking Bournemouth side with them able to leave Brookes and Billing on the bench

I'd have preferred Evans to Johnson and a new left back to Bell but otherwise it is ok.

Williams looked good with Lenihan in some games last season.  I think he suffered against the more physical forwards so he might do alright.  Was never impressed with Solanke but he might come good in the Championship.

It will be a tough game no doubt but if we have the attitude we had after the first 20 minutes against Leicester then we have a chance of an upset.

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

That Bournemouth fan giving it large about that team.........yeah right. Solanke has done nothing all his career, and they flopped out of the premier League in a dispirited manner.

Solanke has been the most disappointing big money signing in the PL over last 2 seasons BUT he is a good championship level player, hopefully not for a few weeks yet....