Sign in to follow this  
Yoogo

Football Italia

Can’t believe my Trevor and Simon gag got deleted from the thread!

Why watch Serie A, we already know Juventus will win its 354th consecutive league title. English football is less predictable, and more fun to watch than defensive football.

43 minutes ago, blackburnpepper said:

Why watch Serie A, we already know Juventus will win its 354th consecutive league title. English football is less predictable, and more fun to watch than defensive football.

Defensive football? You’re about 15 years out of date there. It’s still more tactical than other leagues but if you actually watched Serie A (which you clearly don’t) you’d be surprised. Some great entertaining teams and plenty of high scoring games.

Juve’s dominance of the title has been frustrating but I’d be more confident predicting the winner of the Premier League (Liverpool) than Serie A this season. 

On 07/10/2020 at 11:41, blackburnpepper said:

60 minutes: Bologna 3 - 1 Sassuolo

77 minutes: Bologna 3 - 4 Sassuolo

Last season’s top four all played yesterday too and got one point between them :)

Juventus without Ronaldo in it lack ideas as shown last night with them only getting a 1-1 draw against the worst team in the league Crotone.

48 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Juventus without Ronaldo in it lack ideas as shown last night with them only getting a 1-1 draw against the worst team in the league Crotone.

Yeah, Pirlo has got a bit of work to do there. Even with Ronaldo though they had become so slow and one-paced under Sarri, I remember watching their two 0-0 Coppa Italia draws after lockdown against Milan and Napoli and they were toothless. But with Ronaldo they had someone who could produce something out of nothing even if the team is playing poorly, see his second goal against Lyon in the CL when they got knocked out. 

Inter are my tip for the league this year but they’ve only got one point from the last two now, albeit against Lazio and Milan. Nice to see Milan seemingly on the way back though, great club. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whilst over in Spain Barca lost to Getafe and Real lost at home to Cadiz ! My adopted local team, Granada, are third in the League.

Is Rochina still at Granada?

On 18/10/2020 at 16:23, philipl said:

Don't think he's been there for about 4 years!

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 16:23, philipl said:

No, he left a while ago. He's at Levante UD in Valencia now. The locals run coach trips from our village to games in Granada from time to time. Usually the less prestigious games. Going over the mountain roads in the Sierra's in a huge coach in the dark isn't my idea of fun though !  Very twisty with huge drops. If you can go 50 yards in a straight line you are doing really well.

Our village is too small to have a team but there is a Real Madrid club/bar and a Barcelona club/bar that are popular. Most locals support one or the other with one of two supporting Granada, Almeria and the odd one or two supporting El Eijdo.  El Eijdo had one season at top level a few years ago. It's the nearest " big " club to us The President of the club has a bar full of football shirts from all over, I left a Rovers shirt there.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Noticed that Juventus Wikipedia page outright states this...

The club's fan base is the largest at national level and one of the largest worldwide. Unlike most European sporting supporters' groups, which are often concentrated around their own club's city of origin, it is widespread throughout the whole country and the Italian diaspora, making Juventus a symbol of anticampanilismo ("anti-parochialism")

No wonder "Juventus wasn't builded here" (though to be fair club wasn't exactly on verge of European domination when Jack died). 

Edited by Vinjay