BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

94-96 home shirt question

I have an interest in Blackburn player issue shirts and have acquired one or two 

So I always thought it pretty clear that the 94-95 home shirt had an embroidered crest and simple asics badge

The 95-96 home shirt had a new crest with blue border and an extra A was added to the asics badge

Then I came across this photo. It seems to have best of both worlds, with the asics badge with extra A from 95-96 but an embroidered crest from 94-95

My question is when was that photo taken then? 

854250BF-C358-4168-B0B3-770441133782.jpeg

0150D505-AD52-4D20-BB5F-2996B8379BDB.jpeg

D35EB6D1-B4B6-4942-AD9A-B253AEC00B86.jpeg

Edited by IrelandsRover

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

With the opponents in the full red kit I’m guessing it could be Swindon in the league cup 95-96?

I'd say its a pre season game as no premier league patches on the sleeves and as IrelandsRover says the shirt seems to be a hybrid of the 94-95 and 95-96 shirt.

Ona  side note the 95-96 away shirt was horrible with the black badge.  The team lost almost every game in it and even switched back tot he old one it was so 'unlucky'.  Realistically it was Ray Harfords shite management.

• Like 1