BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

Newcastle fairly comprehensively undid West Ham and looked far more potent in a long time so a bit of a thrashing might be on the cards tomorrow night.

We have been drawn against them rather often in the past 30 years so getting progress past them is rather over due. 

Just hope Ben is not asked to take a penalty...

I would stick with Saturday's line up but fancy we will see Tony's tombola.

Can't see much for us here.

They'll be on a high after tonking West Ham and we'll probably be starting the season off with 2 straight defeats.

I'd go:

Kaminski

Nyambe Wharton Lenihan Bell

Travis Davenport or Buckley

Holtby

Dolan  Brereton Chapman

Edited by RevidgeBlue

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Bell

Evans Johnson Buckley

Rankin-Costello  Armstrong   Rothwell

Bench

Fisher Williams Bennett Davenport Brereton Dolan Travis 

Davenport for Johnson and I think that’s a good line up

I'd go for:

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Wharton   JRC

Travis Evans Buckley

Rothwell Gallagher Dolan

Rest Armstrong. He's 2 goals from 2 this season and clearly going to keep scoring, but only if he stays fit for league games. Give Gallagher a game if he's fit enough, he's not featured in a single pre-season match due to injury and needs to get sharp if he's going to help us in any way before the Int. break. Keep Kaminski in net because he needs to bed in and get English match experience.

Dolan deserves a first start in a game that we're likely to lose anyway, and Rothwell did enough in his spell to earn a cup run out. Evans can start over Johnson just for the sake of rotation and keeping everyone active. Give Buckley a start too as he's suited to a more Premier League style environment anyway.

At left-back I think JRC is more competent than Bell, and should start. Wharton over Williams to give Scott game time. Lenihan to captain the side for consistency, along with the consistent back bone of Travis and Nyambe on that right side too.

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd go for:

Kaminski

Travis Evans Buckley

Rothwell Gallagher Dolan

Rest Armstrong. He's 2 goals from 2 this season and clearly going to keep scoring, but only if he stays fit for league games. Give Gallagher a game if he's fit enough, he's not featured in a single pre-season match due to injury and needs to get sharp if he's going to help us in any way before the Int. break. Keep Kaminski in net because he needs to bed in and get English match experience.

Dolan deserves a first start in a game that we're likely to lose anyway, and Rothwell did enough in his spell to earn a cup run out. Evans can start over Johnson just for the sake of rotation and keeping everyone active. Give Buckley a start too as he's suited to a more Premier League style environment anyway.

At left-back I think JRC is more competent than Bell, and should start. Wharton over Williams to give Scott game time. Lenihan to captain the side for consistency, along with the consistent back bone of Travis and Nyambe on that right side too.

That's my team too, I think. Certainly Getting Wharton & Buckley in. Might be inclined to start Davenport too but then again you can''t be resting everyone.

I'd keep Bell in place of JRC though, not because I'm especially enamoured with Bell but I don't want to get in the habit of playing Rankin-Costello in a position we don't really want him playing unless we have to. If he's going to develop into either an attacking midfielder or a right back, I'd keep playing him there rather than shoe-horn him at left back, even if it means playing Bell.

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'd go for:

Kaminski

Travis Evans Buckley

Rothwell Gallagher Dolan

With no Gallagher I'd stick Armstrong up top then.

• Mike E pinned this topic

I dont think we can afford to start Armstrong, if he gets injured I dont see any goals across our front line to be honest. And Lenihan is equally critical in terms of staying fit. I am usually very wary of falling into the trap of underappreciating the cup, I do want to go through but I dont think that we can risk those players.

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Magloire Wharton Williams

Buckley Evans Davenport

Dolan Brereton Rothwell

Subs: Eastham, Lenihan, Bennett, Chapman, Armstrong, Travis, Holtby

First things first ditch the awful 4-3-3 formation. As for the team I'd go with.

Kaminski

Nyambe     Lenihan            Wharton     Williams

Evans               Travis

Dolan                     Holtby                   Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Fisher, Williams, Davenport, Bennett, JRC, Chapman, Brereton

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Due to lack of revenue streams, I would be taking all cup matches seriously, as the further we go the better are the chances We get TV monies.

Not as important as another season of midtable mediocrity though according to old Tone.

There was an article about Carroll in the paper this morning suggesting he was lucky not to be red carded on Saturday as he’s starting the old flying elbow routine when he’s jumping for the ball. I was only thinking who out of our CB’s would relish the fight against him.

I think Magloire might struggle. Maybe Williams again? If It’s Lenihan then I hope he doesn’t get a facial injury! Assuming of course that Bruce picks him.