BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

Williams and Lenihan are both injury prone i wouldn't be risking anyone key. Kaminiaki needs game time so would start him

Kaminski 

Bennett    Magloire   Wharton     JRC

Evans     Davenport    Buckley

Dolan              Brereton           Rothwell

42 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Williams and Lenihan are both injury prone i wouldn't be risking anyone key. Kaminiaki needs game time so would start him

Kaminski 

Jeez. Are you wanting to destroy Kaminski for ever?? That defence in front of him against premier league opposition would kill him. 

• Like 1

For me, no need to rest anyone for our 2nd game of the season. Johnson injured so Rothwell after an impressive cameo against Bournemouth deserves a start. Bell will never be good enough so stick JRC there til we get a proper left back and let Dolan off the leash against a less physical opponent than our Championship counterparts. Wharton should get a chance to show what he is about against Premier league opposition without risking us losing points in the process. 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton JRC

Travis Buckley Rothwell 

Dolan Armstrong Brereton 

Edited by Feed the Yak
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, rigger said:

Due to lack of revenue streams, I would be taking all cup matches seriously, as the further we go the better are the chances We get TV monies.

The real money is in promotion. Good tv money isn't likely for a while anyway and the matches themselves have no crowds so won't generate much. I wonder how the streaming money gets split.

It's going to be a more intensive season with lots of midweek games. Normally I always want us to progress in all cups as far as possible, but this time we could possibly do without it.

Still be delighted if we win. But no need to tire out our main players IMO. Rather beat Wycombe.

Edited by bluebruce

2 hours ago, Feed the Yak said:

For me, no need to rest anyone for our 2nd game of the season. Johnson injured so Rothwell after an impressive cameo against Bournemouth deserves a start. Bell will never be good enough so stick JRC there til we get a proper left back and let Dolan off the leash against a less physical opponent than our Championship counterparts. Wharton should get a chance to show what he is about against Premier league opposition without risking us losing points in the process. 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Wharton JRC

Travis Buckley Rothwell 

Dolan Armstrong Brereton 

Switch Arma and Brereton and that’s the team.

• Like 2

Given so many updates on availability and having read TM's pre-match comments:

Kaminski

Bennett Lenihan Wharton Bell

Buckley Evans Rothwell

Dolan Armstrong Brereton

is what I'm expecting to see tomorrow night vs NUFC.

43 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Switch Arma and Brereton and that’s the team.

Yes I agree.

Love Feed tbe Yak's side but I can't see much advantage in starting Armstrong and risking him picking up an injury unless you're putting him in the shop window and hoping he impresses against Premier League opposition.

Conversely you'd hope either BB or Gallagher were getting to the stage they could be called upon and do a decent job whenever required.

14 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Kaminski 

That side would be a bit like Kean's famous forfeit.

We need to get our side and system settled. Resting one or two would be okay, but should try and keep largely the same team if possible.

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Williams.  Bell

Travis.    Davenport.   Evans.

JRC.    Armstrong.  Brereton. 

Kaminski 

Nymabe - lenihan - Wharton - JRC/Benett 

Rothwell - Evans - Davenport 

Dolan - BB - Chapman

Would go with this personally. Give Dolan, Rothwell, Wharton, Davenport and Chapman the chance to impress while still keeping the team fairly strong. Players like Dolan, Chapman and Rothwell and evening BB to an extent will give us a chance to counter which will most likely be our best chance of nicking a goal or two. While I feel it’s a winnable fixture it’s a tough ask, especially for a side who is need of reinforcements, showcased by JRC at left back, and when you consider Newcastle are in the opposite position having come through an excellent summer of business. We’ve seemed to make a habit of getting knocked out by prem opposition in the early stages of the cup over the last couple of season under TM (Burnley, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Sheff united etc etc) so don’t have high hopes, but encouragingly we’ve made a game of it in nearly all of those fixtures so I do expect us to push Newcastle in stages. A win would be great for confidence and take a little pressure off the Wycombe game and a cup run would certainly boost finances a little so feel like this competition has a little bit more meaning than most years. Come on Rovers!

EDIT - completely forgot about Buckley, would like to see him play a large role in this fixture to assess where he is at. Not sure where I would fit him in though, potentially by moving Rothwell further forward but then again I like to see Rothwell driving from deep, it’s 100% where he’s at his best. The flip side to that is I don’t think we can afford to play both of them in a midfield 3 as we would get overrun. Guess we’ll just have to see what TM goes with. 

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Mowbray surprises 'everybody' and brings Evans in for the injured Johnson and keeps the same team.

Wonder if Armstrong is going to score a few own goals tonight to sabotage the team like he did on Saturday by waiting till Holtby was offside?

• Like 1