BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

The abuse towards BB is bordering on obsessive.  I thought he did very well and only a packed defence stopped Rovers from a deserved win. 

it`s not abuse,he cost 7 million quid and plays like a fragile 17 year old,he can`t play centre forward, he can`t play out wide in fact he can`t do anything,nothing against the lad but he just does`nt have it

• Like 4

I hope Ayala is good in the air, be nice to be half interested when we have a corner.

As we all saw, really good football and a good effort, but lack any kind of threat. As someone mentioned this is what killed our play off hopes last year when we couldn’t beat the sides that just sit back. Hopefully Dack coming back helps us.

Much better second half from Rothwell. Brerton is trying, desperate for it to work out for him. 

• Like 1

Brereton did well for me too. As did the whole team today, but we absolutely need to either create more real chances or be more ruthless in front of goal. Dack will make a difference, Armstrong can do it but we need one or two others to step up otherwise it'll be a nearly season and nice football will cease to give the satisfaction that it has done for me in our last 3 games (inc Leicester). 

Dolan is good enough for sure based on today. Keep playing him. 

Rothwell continued to give glimpses, I would write him off but he is so close to being so dangerous for us. 

Nyambe is one of the best right backs in our league. 

Holtby and Travis were very impressive. 

I'm finding it strange how nobody even recognised Kaminski, like even when Del Williams bundled him down in the box no eye contact at all even. Weird.

Optimistic about the season ahead but we need to get wins and quickly. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Shame for the lad. Marginalised by Mowbray and converted into a defensive midfielder but then replaced by Holtby.

One of these days we’ll have a balanced side.

Sorry. I’ve wandered into an alternate dimension.

When did any of this happen??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Shame for the lad. Marginalised by Mowbray and converted into a defensive midfielder but then replaced by Holtby.

One of these days we’ll have a balanced side.

?

Yeah, damn right, I say bring back that manager that brought him into the first team. I forgot his name though, Mow-something?

Edited by Tugay-is-God
  • Like 1

Just now, mustard said:

The fee paid hangs over his head, or should I say around his neck.  21 years old and played well but getting compared to 30+ year olds Varney and Brown.  It’s idiotic at best.  

I think the fee protects him. If he’d come through the ranks he’d likely be at Barrow.

He was dire first half today. Second half he appeared more interested and improved dramatically. He showed attributes that suggest he may be able to play as a wide forward, but aside from the fact we have better players in those positions, he did as many woefully poor, bordering on comical things as he did good things.

• Like 3

I've enjoyed the way we've played in the last two games.  If Mowbray can keep them playing in that way we should win more than we lose.  However, we are desperate for a goalscorer as we can't keep relying on Armstrong.  Brereton just doesn't look he'll ever score - a bit of a poor man's Andy Needham!  Dolan looked sharp again and although Holtby missed a decent chance, I thought he was excellent in midfield.  Travis had a bit more about him tonight and I thought Williams was again decent at the back. 

Whilst we have lost two games the signs are very encouraging in terms of the style of football we are playing and personally, whilst I might have problems with off the field issues, I'm quite encouraged with Mowbray's approach thus far.

• Like 4

Holtby has taken Travis position. Travis now just gets asked to run around a lot like Savage did. Not sure it’s his best game. When he first came in he was a breath of fresh air taking the game to the opposition. Now he’s been Mowbray’d.

Just now, Miller11 said:

I think the fee protects him. If he’d come through the ranks he’d likely be at Barrow.

He was dire first half today. Second half he appeared more interested and improved dramatically. He showed attributes that suggest he may be able to play as a wide forward, but aside from the fact we have better players in those positions, he did as many woefully poor, bordering on comical things as he did good things.

I personally think you are overly harsh.  He’s shown more than JRC in recent games.  Same age.  Bar Arma’s chance well created by Nyambe and subsequently converted, BB’s done more across both games.  Football is all about opinions though, you’re more than entitled to yours, I just disagree

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Holtby has taken Travis position. Travis now just gets asked to run around a lot like Savage did. Not sure it’s his best game. When he first came in he was a breath of fresh air taking the game to the opposition. Now he’s been Mowbray’d.

I would say Travis natural position is where he played today. He's a box to box player, not a sitter. Not really sure where you are coming from?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've been here 20 years.  I was banned because I wasn't in the cult.

Didn’t know you had been banned. Can’t think why.

Hopefully now you are back you can stop the sniping. Let’s overlook the false start and both move on.