BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think he had a bad game, that's all Joe, I'm not interested in the whys or hows, just that, imo, he had a poor game. 

I don't see how. Didn't really do anything wrong. To have a poor game for me you have to do things wrong. See Amari'i Bell, who yet again was poor. Not being as involved as usual doesn't for me equal poor, especially when you feed more crosses into the box than any other player on the pitch.

Edited by JoeH

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don't see how. Didn't really do anything wrong. To have a poor game for me you have to do things wrong. See Amari'i Bell, who yet again was poor. Not being as involved as usual doesn't for me equal poor, especially when you feed more crosses into the box than any other player on the pitch.

We will agree to disagree.

21 minutes ago, bazza said:

I said before Ayala to replace Lenihan. Now is the ideal time.

Ayala and Williams as CBs and Lenihan can take over from the injured Travis. After all Lenihan is a midfielder who has been played out of position for seasons.

It's time for him to show us his midfield skills.

Lenihan was really average in central midfield when he played there for us, and wasnt really able to get a regular place there amidst some terrible players, Akpan etc.

His attributes are far better suited to being a centre back, he is brave, he is good in the air but is really limited on the ball. We have seen in the last 2 seasons that when he starts at CB, we gain far more points and concede far less goals than when he is missing.

He is far from perfect, he can be rash and he can make mistakes but we do far better with him in our defence than without and he could never pass the ball well enough even to be a more disruptive midfield player.

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think that changes dependant on position though. A goalkeeper or a centre back having a quiet game doing very little is often a good sign. A more attacking player doing nothing is different and Rankin Costello didnt do anything productive. 

Agree that Bell was poor, not as mistake prone as on Saturday when his errors led to Bournemouth attacks, but his crossing was typically dismal.

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Your comments about Travis are absolutely crazy. I dont care if he wants to come off or not, if there was a risk in keeping him on, which there was, then force him to come off. You are implying that Mowbray might have tried and been overruled by a player!

if Travis says he is fine and wants to carry on. are you going argue with him? 

Well without being on the touchline and listening in we don't know what Andy Mitchell said to Mowbray or how bad the injury was at the time. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

And stop talking bollocks about Chapman. I suggested him at times last season

Its yourself you was talking him up whilst overlooking comments made his performances for the under 23's from people who attend them and why he shouldn't ahead of players like Rankin Costello. Like this pre season, Dolan has out performed him in the friendlies and why he is on the bench and started last night game

no comment to this question I asked why mention counter attack point in this match thread when it more prevalent on Saturday, Also you said this previously "Kaminski should have done better in my opinion, the defence in the build up were all over the place and it did come on the counter attack" . Its seems you were saying the Newcastle goal came from a counter attack? so why the change of comment then? 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if Travis says he is fine and wants to carry on. are you going argue with him? 

If i was manager i wouldnt risk further injury in a crappy cup game when we have a long season ahead,i would have had him off straight away.Would Travis have been pissed off,yes probably but sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture which is the league. 

• Like 1