philipl

Newcastle United away in the League Cup

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I still don’t see what he offers. Apart from the odd run with the ball (before getting it stuck under his feet 9 times out of 10), he’s woeful. As I say, with Dack injured, Arma aside we have zero goals in the side.

Agree 100%. For all the grief Bell gets, he's far more competent than Brereton.

Its all good passing the ball around the back but we have absolutely no attacking threat. Weve had one chance for all the passing. Brereton and Rothwell have been anonymous again and I dont see why everyone seems to really rate Rankin Costello, not seeing it at the moment.

We need to stop pushing both full backs right up otherwise we are going to keep conceding on the counter attack with or without Ayala.

Not very good keeping for the goal and looked really uncomfortable coming for a cross too.

Brereton Brings absolute nothing to the team .. such a gangly weak player and not very bright .... Think this will be our weak point ......7 Million pounds .. wow ..  

Rothwell needs consistent number of games no player can pick up form playing one game and bench the next...AGAIN blame Mowbray

Just now, unleaded said:

Brereton Brings absolute nothing to the team .. such a gangly weak player and not very bright .... Think this will be our weak point ......7 Million pounds .. wow ..  

Agree, he is woeful. 

First touch poor, slow and can't hold up the ball 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont see why everyone seems to really rate Rankin Costello, not seeing it at the moment.

Doesn't help that he keeps playing different positions. At the moment he seems like a jack of all trades master of none.

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Tbf Rothwell is getting shown up by a lad from Preston’s u12s. So frustrating.

We’ve been good, bossed the ball, quick, lively and passing well.

Then we concede. Obvs.

Would still back us to win the tie though. Arma for JRC at some point.

In what world is Dolan having a good game, but Rothwell isn't?

Everything we've done in attack has been ineffective.

Just now, SoldierMo said:

Rothwell needs consistent number of games no player can pick up form playing one game and bench the next...AGAIN blame Mowbray

He needs a run of games at CM. He'll never get them under Mowbray though. Thinks he's the next Benrahma cos he's got a bit of pace and can take it past a player.

1 minute ago, SoldierMo said:

I think Mowbray tried to integrate him quite a lot last season but he's never quite clicked. Sometimes we have to look at the player and it's probably time to try something different than this lad.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Doesn't help that he keeps playing different positions. At the moment he seems like a jack of all trades master of none.

I just dont see what he has to make opponents be worried about him.

Mind you, we have had no attacking threat at all.

2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Shocking backline for their goal.

image.png.7dfebe4be4542c0863b07d33e0e44a66.png

As I thought, shit defending from Nyambe. Track the runner or play offside. 

You can't do both, Ryan.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I just dont see what he has to make opponents be worried about him.

Mind you, we have had no attacking threat at all.

I have to agree at the moment he reminds me of Elliott Bennett, he works very hard, will play in a number of position but is lacking any real quality.

Sponsor

That was fucking horrendous from Bell. Got a nosebleed being high up the pitch. Could have shot, could have played Holtby on, played a crap pass to the wing instead. Looked terrified with the ball.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As I thought, shit defending from Nyambe. Track the runner or play offside. 

You can't do both, Ryan.

I don’t get the groupthink on here that Nyambe is Premiership material, he doesn’t have a good defensive brain for me.

15 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Exactly why we need to bring a backup striker in because if Armstrong got injured we’d be completely f****d.