BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

Personally I would've expected someone of Ayala's experience and ability out of our price range before today, and I think most of the board would agree with that. 

That alone shows you how good a signing it is on the face of it. An experienced centre half we can call our own (a huge bonus) , with vast experience in this league. 

I imagine it's a free transfer most fans at every club in this league would be happy with.

I wonder if he's the trigger for this so called domino effect with new signings. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘How the mighty have fallen’

You support feckin Middlesbrough!

I thought exactly the same...

He's a better player than Blackburns level. I'm still surprised he hasn't ended up in Brummie's unless there was a clash with Karanka.”

What is that about? Birmingham who survived by 2 points and flirting with points deductions. 

Some hugely deluded comments in there. The good news is they highly rate him anyway. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, superniko said:

I thought exactly the same...

He's a better player than Blackburns level. I'm still surprised he hasn't ended up in Brummie's unless there was a clash with Karanka.”

What is that about? Birmingham who survived by 2 points and flirting with points deductions. 

Some hugely deluded comments in there. The good news is they highly rate him anyway. 

They seem to have forgotten, because we spent a season in League One three seasons back, that we are Blackburn fucking Rovers, not Rotherham. They've also forgotten how we finished well above themselves and the Brummies. 10 and 13 points respectively. Weird.

• Like 3

Not convinced he's as good as a lot of posters expect.  From what i remember of him over the years, a functional, mid range championahip centre half with no pace to speak of.  That worries me, especially with lenihan not being so nippy either.  

I'm hoping his experience brings a bit of organisation to the backline and we don't continue with this 2/3 conceded every game.

Can someone remind me again what it is Middlesbrough have done in the past 30 years? Some mind boggling comments on their forums about how this is a downward move for him.

Last I saw we were finishing about the same as them, same level of crowds (the lowest level in my life for us I may add and partly due to owners) and we have spent and continue to spend far less than them.

They were winning Division 1 whilst we were winning the Prem. That's about the only good fact I can tell you about Boro..

Oh they had Juninho play for them once. Yeah, I remember....

18 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Can someone remind me again what it is Middlesbrough have done in the past 30 years? Some mind boggling comments on their forums about how this is a downward move for him.

Last I saw we were finishing about the same as them, same level of crowds (the lowest level in my life for us I may add and partly due to owners) and we have spent and continue to spend far less than them.

They were winning Division 1 whilst we were winning the Prem. That's about the only good fact I can tell you about Boro..

Oh they had Juninho play for them once. Yeah, I remember....

And that white-haired Italian striker too. Ravioli or something.

But yeah, they have never won the top division in their history. Their only honours is winning the League Cup once.

Also, they have the honour of being one of the first clubs relegated from the PL.

And, they talk like Juninho was one of the best players in the world. He was good but that's way OTT. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They brought 7k down here once when they were gunning for promotion. Nowt else to report.

I might have been one of the 7k. The inlaws at the time had a spare ticket for the away end and I'm not one to turn down a freebie. Danny Graham scored the winner if I remember correctly. Oddly i was the only one in the stand who celebrated. 

• Guest changed the title to DANIEL AYALA
10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

And that white-haired Italian striker too. Ravioli or something.

But yeah, they have never won the top division in their history. Their only honours is winning the League Cup once.

Also, they have the honour of being one of the first clubs relegated from the PL.

And, they talk like Juninho was one of the best players in the world. He was good but that's way OTT. 

They did beat Bolton though so ....

Cracking team they had for a while chock full of talent i used to enjoy watching them stick it up some of the big boys. Attitude of some of their fans leaves a lot to be desired though but like us most of them know who and what they are.