BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Having a scan but expected to be very minor and could even probably play tomorrow if absolutely necessary.

IMO, would be ridiculous if he played tomorrow if a a doctor thinks a scan is needed which is usually indicative of a probable suspected diagnosis.

As posted previously, heard he was having it scanned yesterday.  A 'tight groin' does not normally justify a scan!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, would be ridiculous if he played tomorrow if a a doctor thinks a scan is needed which is usually indicative of a probable suspected diagnosis.

As posted previously, heard he was having it scanned yesterday.  A 'tight groin' does not normally justify a scan!

He said that he could probably play if it was the only option but then went on to say that Williams is available so I presume that he was implying that he doesnt need to risk him.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Best to rest him he seems like another of those who'll need 'managing' through the season. We should still be capable of getting something tomorrow they can't start hiding behind the odd injury to a good one all the time now.

There's a squad there now with people to step in.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alcd said:

McNamee missed alot of games and often played almost on one leg with hamstring problems. Players often started matches completely unfit (sometimes visibly limping) in those days when squads were much smaller. Moran too had many hamstring absences.

I've just checked Kevin Moran's stats. He was born in April 1956 and joined Rovers in January 1990 So he was at an age when most players were hanging up their boots when he first pulled on the blue and white !

89-90 season- played 19 leagues games out of 20.

90-91 season- played 32 league games out of 46.

91-92 season- played 37 ( 4 more as sub ) league games out of 46 in our promotion season.

92-93 season- played 36 league games out of 42 in the Prem.

93-94 season- played 19 league games out of 42 in the Prem at a ripe old age.

It doesn't look like he had too many absences to me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

• 3 months later...

I have been reliably informed that he limped out of the warm up prior to training today with a calf injury. Without stating the bleeding obvious this lad clearly has issues and we have another two and a half seasons of this. It's appearing to be more of a panic signing with every injury given his record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have been reliably informed that he limped out of the warm up prior to training today with a calf injury. Without stating the bleeding obvious this lad clearly has issues and we have another two and a half seasons of this. It's appearing to be more of a panic signing with every injury given his record.

To think that Boro fans said upon him joining ‘you won’t see him after Christmas’. They weren’t bloody wrong were they. We barely saw him before!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Mowbray always wanted to manage Ayala.

At his love team Boro the dream was shattered when Mowbray was fired (after a run of two wins in 12 games) just 2 days before Ayala came in on loan, having been scouted & recruited by Mowbray.

Fast forward ... Ayala now a well known sicknote, January tourist and getting to past it sell by date .. so our Tony, in a football world financially shattered by Covid and FFP gives him a 3 year contract. Job done.

Yes due to Mowbrays negligence we desperately needed a CB so we got one, but come on ... a THREE fecking year contract ....... Ayala will not play a single seasons worth of games for us in those 3 years.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

I actually think Ayala is a really good defender for this level, if he was 100% fit he would make a huge difference to us. If you could get him fit I'd even make him captain due to him always talking, the passion he showed when we scored them late winners against Milwall & Rotherham etc.

Ultimately though he will end up being a waste of time because he can't stay fit, and that's on Mowbray and the team for not doing there due diligence on him properly, not the fans who wanted him in because he looked a good signing on paper.

• Like 9

Mowbray knew, every man and his dog on Wearside knew, most followers of the championship knew ....could be a class act but.....with glass legs , a very poor approach to fitness and the hard yards required for that fitness...the  signing of Ayala should never have happened. 

Once again.....Tony at his “ love of Boro best “.....scandalous signing when he knew the fragility of his back 4 .

• Backroom
2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I actually think Ayala is a really good defender for this level, if he was 100% fit he would make a huge difference to us. If you could get him fit I'd even make him captain due to him always talking, the passion he showed when we scored them late winners against Milwall & Rotherham etc.

Ultimately though he will end up being a waste of time because he can't stay fit, and that's on Mowbray and the team for not doing there due diligence on him properly, not the fans who wanted him in because he looked a good signing on paper.

I think it's 'one of those'. He could just as easily been a mainstay like Mulgrew for a season or two.

I predicted not long after he signed his lucrative deal that he won't see it out and we will end up paying him off or loaning him out whilst massively subsidising his wages, just like the last thirtysomething we gave a three year deal to.

• Like 1

Ayala has been one of the best defenders in the Championship over the last 5 or 6 years, although he has not shown anything like that for us. But a 3 year contract was always going to be a big risk for someone with his injury record. For a player in his 30's with a bad injury record a 2 year deal should be the very maximum.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2020 at 18:41, simongarnerisgod said:

a genuinely hard man,i don`t know if he ever played against billy whitehurst,it would have been some contest!!!!!!!!!!

I remember him playing against Ian Wright and slapping him round the top of his bald head.

12 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Mowbray knew, every man and his dog on Wearside knew, most followers of the championship knew ....could be a class act but.....with glass legs , a very poor approach to fitness and the hard yards required for that fitness...the  signing of Ayala should never have happened. 

Once again.....Tony at his “ love of Boro best “.....scandalous signing when he knew the fragility of his back 4 .

Teesside.
Mind you Sunderland fans probably knew as well. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 30/01/2021 at 10:08, Dolly blue said:

Maybe a bit of confirmation bias? Really not sure about your dishonesty line re the Boro connection here. We can all be frustrated by performances and decisions, but I think Tony deserves more respect.

He is not Steve Kean!