BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

Just a shame he wasn't at least available as a 3rd CB down the stretch instead of Wharton (don't mean to pile on Scott. I'm hopeful he'll rebound next year).

It was only the last few minutes, but I'm pretty sure he cleared the ball from our box with authority at least a couple times when he came on at the end against Millwall. I suspect he would've been able to help shepherd us to wins against PNE and Coventry, if only able to come on for the last 20mins or so... Bah.

A quality, 'traditional' CB, just a shame about the injuries.

But there is reason for optimism at CB despite his departure!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Blackburn Rovers 2023 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

Highest earner at the club according to that. 

If that's accurate, letting Dack, Ayala, and Diaz go has freed up ~20% of the current wage bill.

If we're planning to sell Kaminski, there is clearly an effort to free up wages via the highest earners.

Venus probably just handed out whatever was asked for. I've got a bit more faith in the current lot being more shrewd with the budget.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Big thanks for Daniel Ayala.

An absolute rock when fit.

Agree.

His fitness record was known before he arrived and it carried on as per.

54 appearances over 3 Championship seasons (potentially 138 games). Not good enough.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, goozburger said:

If that's accurate, letting Dack, Ayala, and Diaz go has freed up ~20% of the current wage bill.

If we're planning to sell Kaminski, there is clearly an effort to free up wages via the highest earners.

Venus probably just handed out whatever was asked for. I've got a bit more faith in the current lot being more shrewd with the budget.

I guess we'll see. By the sounds of it we were paying too much for Hirst (although admittedly you could argue anything above 0 was too much) and by the sounds of it we were going to pay a significant amount for O'Brien for six months as well. Would have been a fantastic get, but a lot of money for a position that was second priority to a striker. Nonetheless, it's a big summer for the recruitment team and it'll be a chance for them to prove that January was an aberration rather than the standard. We did some good deals in the summer with the likes of Hyam and Szmodics, so have to hope there's more of that on the way - preferably with the quality coming specifically in attack, seeing as we've let two of our main historical sources of goals leave.