Sign in to follow this  
Neal

DANIEL AYALA

On 16/09/2020 at 09:22, K-Hod said:

They brought 7k down here once when they were gunning for promotion. Nowt else to report.

They also brought non down and got relegated 🤪😂

Family member is a Boro season ticket holder.

Reckons he is one of the best defenders in the league, but a glass ankle, so enjoy until the pitch hardens.

56 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Family member is a Boro season ticket holder.

Reckons he is one of the best defenders in the league, but a glass ankle, so enjoy until the pitch hardens.

He is one of the best defenders in the league, having had 2 promotions to the premier League and also playing 30+ games almost every season. A class act! 🙂

Anyone else think his movement looked a bit ungainly on his first day at training vid? Not that I care, if it's effective.

I will put this here while we are chatting on other matters but Ayala's passing statistics are outstandingly bad.

Given we are tapping it around at the back and not giving Kaminsky much chance to use his outstandingly good long kicks, I am just a tad nervous about this.

Hopefully there will be a level of compromise with playing it out from the back too much because our centre backs are not the best on the ball.

We needed more than anything someone who could defend, on our budget a player good at doing both was unrealistic. Ayala defensively is as good as we could have got, I would have much preferred Ayala to say Naby Sarr who many wanted who is good on the ball but really poor defensively.

Both centre backs are good in the air too, Kaminski had looked shaky from crosses and that was his weakness based on what the Belgian football expert said (interview on Radio Lancashire) back at Gent so hopefully that will help him out a tad.

For all the grief our full backs have been getting, I can only remember two aerial crosses Kaminski has had to deal with and he confidently caught both of them.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

For all the grief our full backs have been getting, I can only remember two aerial crosses Kaminski has had to deal with and he confidently caught both of them.

Nah he punched one out when it really didn't need punching. Made me a bit nervous. Hate keepers doing that.