44 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• Already renewed or definitely will
    • Will probably renew
    • Undecided
    • Will wait until January
    • Won’t be renewing this season

Anyone “undecided” I expect will renew.

So about two-thirds of BRFCS respondents support Waggott’s strategy - even if begrudgingly.

If that is shown to be representative then we are looking at about 6000 ST holders. (And there seems to be a lot more annoyed fans on the Fb groups than on here - which is kind of ironic)

Let’s say for the sake of maths, we had 9000 last season and we get 75% adult tickets and 25% of them sit in the Riverside. And Riversiders accept the £80 (25%) price rise (assuming die hards = early birds).

Was 9000:

6750 adults (1750 @ £319 plus 5000 @ £349) 

£2.3m

BRFCS pro rata 6000:

4500 adults (@ £399)

£1.8m

Half a million down quid on last season.

He needs to convince another 1200 fans to renew by October.

You know, with a few wins early in the season he might just do it.

But we will have to play the Squeeze The Diehards game every season - although I’d like to think that annual price increases will eventually be in line with inflation of course. (Imagine if your council tax went up between 15% and 25% every year!)

If someone told him Matty’s JW story about having 8000 supporters then he has certainly taken that to mean they are his cash cow. I expect if SW is around to tell his successor anything (and his desk hasn’t been cleared for him) then he will be saying “Now remember, you have 5000 supporters...”.

What a legacy. This is all on him and his low volume, high price strategy so don’t anyone start blaming fans for any of this. We’ve put up with a hell of a lot and are now being made to pay - “and be grateful you even have a club thanks to Venkys” (a statement which will read very differently if we do survive after they eventually drop us).

16 hours ago, philipl said:

I have said it before but there is a high probability of going through the entire season without fans being allowed into grounds.

Agreed. I've been saying the same for months. In May someone I know and trust in the industry said it would be nine months before fans are back in grounds. I still believe March is the realistic target.

Currently it's an FPN with a £100 minimum fine for groups of more than six. My wife's book club meeting, 12 in a huge room, for tonight has been cancelled. This is a group of 12 women in their 60s - not a football crowd!!!! There is absolutely no way 10,000 people will be allowed to gather before the possibility of a second winter wave has gone. Thoughts of being in before March are, in my view, fantasy.

I renewed for three reasons: to ensure we get in, or have a chance, to any very limited capacity match as this is hugely important to my son; iFollow access with no hassle for my lad; I'm satisfied with the club's approach, despite the lateness, and hope this indicates a good approach to when we actually get in.

Edited by Paul