BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18729501.no-newly-promoted-concerns-rovers-ahead-wycombe-test/

According to Mogga, one of Wycombe's strengths is set pieces. 

Coincidentally, we are terrible at them, so we already know how this is going. We dominate, don't take our chances, they get a freekick/ corner on the break and we're done.

I read that interview earlier and it only made me even less optimistic.

He basically acknowledged all of Wycombe's strengths play against our weaknesses, but that we aren't going to change our approach to account for that at all.

53 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I read that interview earlier and it only made me even less optimistic.

He basically acknowledged all of Wycombe's strengths play against our weaknesses, but that we aren't going to change our approach to account for that at all.

To be fair if we have to change our style to accommodate Wycombe we are in a lot of trouble! 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair if we have to change our style to accommodate Wycombe we are in a lot of trouble! 

Doesn't normally stop him!

In the sense of changing it because we are afraid of them, yes. But in the sense of 'our possession based game isn't getting us results and hasn't consistently since we implemented it, and now we are playing a team that our manager says loves playing possesion based teams'...I just think we might not want to spend nearly the entire game camped outside their area waiting for the inevitable counter attack that sinks us. We've seen this movie before.

We should try to get them to open up a bit more, because if they park the bus I'm sure we will just kick against it in vain all game.

A big worry is the lack of goals throughout any of these teams, with no Dack and even the hardly prolific Gallagher.

Brereton has 2 in 2 dead rubbers over 2 seasons. Rothwell 2 in dead rubbers in each of his 2 seasons. Chapman, Rankin Costello, Dolan, all very raw. Holtby, Johnson, Lenihan might get 3 a season each. 

We cant be solely reliant on Armstrong scoring tomorrow, we could do with these players, especially looking at Brereton to step up and get a goal tomorrow.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A big worry is the lack of goals throughout any of these teams, with no Dack and even the hardly prolific Gallagher.

Brereton has 2 in 2 dead rubbers over 2 seasons. Rothwell 2 in dead rubbers in each of his 2 seasons. Chapman, Rankin Costello, Dolan, all very raw. Holtby, Johnson, Lenihan might get 3 a season each. 

We cant be solely reliant on Armstrong scoring tomorrow, we could do with these players, especially looking at Brereton to step up and get a goal tomorrow.

I am not that concerned about goals to be honest. We scored pretty well last season and are continuing to create chances. Weve already scored 5 goals in 3 competitive games. I am more concerned about the other end of the pitch.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Every indication Mowbray is over thinking this one and will confuse the hell out of our players.

Expect a dire first half.

let wycombe worry about playing us,not the other way round,get stuck in right from the off and destroy them with mowbrays much vaunted intensity,im`e so confident of victory tommorow im`e having 20 quid on brereton to score first?

• Like 1

Like any game in this league you have to work hard and concentrate for the entire 90+ mins.

You then rely on a little lady luck going your way in games like this, and boy Rovers are due some luck.

Fine margins...Let's hope it goes our way for a change 

Edited by damo100

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Should win this.  Wycombe play a long ball game from CH to forwards and quickly.  Should suit our defenders Lenihan and Ayala....I'd play Wharton in a 3 and push the wing backs high and attack them wide.

Ayala not playing.