BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

• Backroom
1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Mate what the hell are you on? Please give an 11 we have available to beat that team? Bar Bell that’s solid.

Posing much threat?? That’s the most attacking team we can play. Hit them from the off and get some goals for the likes of Rothwell, Brereton, holtby etc

Who in that team scores goals regularly other than Armstrong? For me to have a strong team we need Ayala beside Lenihan at CB, a new LB (hopefully coming Monday), much better than Evans/Johnson beside Holtby in midfield, much better than Gallagher/Brereton up front and Rothwell needs to show some consistency.

If you rate these players higher than I do, no problem. It's just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Who in that team scores goals regularly other than Armstrong? For me to have a strong team we need Ayala beside Lenihan at CB, a new LB (hopefully coming Monday), much better than Evans/Johnson beside Holtby in midfield, much better than Gallagher/Brereton up front and Rothwell needs to show some consistency.

We’ve played two competitive games?? It’s a new season, could be the last for the likes of Rothwell etc. They need rockets up there asses and need to start contributing. This, IMO, is the perfect game to get new players to start scoring. 

• Backroom
Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

We’ve played two competitive games?? It’s a new season, could be the last for the likes of Rothwell etc. They need rockets up there asses and need to start contributing. This, IMO, is the perfect game to get new players to start scoring. 

Most of those players have played far more than two competitive games for us. Unless you think they've undergone a radical transformation over the summer most of them will be at a similar level to last season. I genuinely hope your optimism is justified and these players all of a sudden start banging in goals and creating assists, as that would have us at the right end of the table for sure and make Dack and Travis' absence a lot easier to cope with. 

Also worth remembering we typically struggle in games like this against 'easier' opposition. Anyone who thinks Wycombe at home is a given has a very short memory. We should be able to beat them, but fool me once...

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

We were 6th in goals scored last season. Goal scoring isnt the problem. 

Ayala and Kaminski in and left back coming in next week hopefully we improve our defensive record. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have been told Nyambe has been dropped for today and is on the bench.

Correct

20200919_140043.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were 6th in goals scored last season. Goal scoring isnt the problem. 

Of the outfield players in the team arbitro posted, this many goals were contributed last season (according to Transfermarkt):

JRC - 0 
Lenihan - 3
Williams - 3
Bell - 0

Holtby - 3
Johnson - 3
Rothwell - 2

Dolan - N/A
Brereton - 1
Armstrong - 16

So... yeah, going to stick with my view that we are massively relying on Arma to score. He netted more goals last season than the rest of today's team combined. If Arma has an off day we'll be lucky to score more than one, especially if Wycombe come to Ewood with a defensive mentality.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Almost all the games missed by Nyambe over the last 12 months have been through injury or wrapping him up in cotton wool. I could be wrong, but I'd expect the same is going on here. 

Apart from the 10 at the beginning of last season where he had to play second fiddle to Bennett.

• Like 1

Just now, Madon said:

@arbitro team news was correct. Happy Dolan starts but unbelievable that he's dropped Nyambe!

Mowbrays treatment of Nyambe has been disgraceful. Dropped for the Millwall game for 'lacking confidence' and publicly called out. I can recall several times last season when Mowbray showed his disdain towards Nyambe with his silly hands on head routine. If I was Nyambes agent I would be tryna to engineer a move for him now and the he will walk away for compensation. If he had started the season badly I can understand dropping him but he hasn't. File this one under the huge list of Mowbray unfathomable decisions.

• Like 8

I would imagine it’s a knock for nymabe rather than being dropped. Travis injury in midweek may have swayed TM to be more cautious with players that are carrying a knock. A big positive though from that selection that I’m suprised peopke haven’t picked up on is that Bennett hasn’t replaced him. 

Really need a win today. Our season starts today! 

• Like 1

Dear, dear......what has Nyambe to do to retain his place ? 
I would love to think this is some super tactic from Mowbray which will yield fruit ......but it is nothing more than Mowbray at his tactical worst. 
Surely , Nyambe won’t hang around here......too good for Mowbray....he will be a big loss for us .If it’s injury I stand corrected.....if it’s not ???? 

Just hope we get 3 points today ....or Tony and Co  need to walk 

• Like 2