BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

Ok, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt actually and consider that this might be a one off tactical move. JRC will be a lot better there than Bennett was. We probably expect to spend the game with Wycombe parking the bus and therefore Nyambe's bursting runs are less important. Instead we want someone who can cross from the flank, and JRC is better at that.

Where it may fall short is that we will be susceptible to a counter, and Nyambe is the absolute best player we have at recovering quickly to deal with that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

No. He was on the bench for all of them (bar one which Mowbray claimed was tactical). Mowbray preferred Bennett at the start of last season.

Just checked, to be fair he was on the bench more than I remember, but he still missed a few. Anyway, he's started the vast majority of the games that he's been fit for since about October-ishlast year and he's started this year really well, so I'd be really surprised if Mowbray's just dropped him it being partially a fitness precaution. I hope so anyway, because it really wouldn't make sense otherwise. 

• Backroom

Still fancy us to win, let’s be honest we should be winning but if that’s a tactical decision to drop Nyambe it’s bonkers so have to assume he’s picked up a knock.

Otherwise maybe we are thinking of selling him before he leaves for nothing, Tony has been harsher with him that many others 

6 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Your comment had no business in this thread. Try keeping your mind, such as it is, out of the gutter.

Jesus christ, relax man. And I'll do no such thing, I like the gutter. 'Your mind, such as it is' lol...I've got a 140 IQ mate :) Don't get pissy because you didn't get the joke and ended up looking silly.

Edited by bluebruce

Am I the only one who thought his defending for Newcastle’s goal on Tuesday was pathetic? Plus, against a team who rely on long balls to a big number 9 and against who we expect to dominate possession, I’m not inspired by his one assist and no goals in 150 starts. Or maybe without Travis for him to pass reverse angle balls to from promising positions. Or maybe JRC and Dolan combine much better in training. Or maybe he just doesn’t fancy him.

Anyway, I’m keen to see Dolan/JRC in tandem, could be the new Bentley/Emerton.

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Am I the only one who thought his defending for Newcastle’s goal on Tuesday was pathetic? Plus, against a team who rely on long balls to a big number 9 and against who we expect to dominate possession, I’m not inspired by his one assist and no goals in 150 starts. Or maybe without Travis for him to pass reverse angle balls to from promising positions. Or maybe JRC and Dolan combine much better in training. Or maybe he just doesn’t fancy him.

Anyway, I’m keen to see Dolan/JRC in tandem, could be the new Bentley/Emerton.

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe. I thought Lenihan was far more culpable by getting drawn to the ball and letting his man run free. 

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe. I thought Lenihan was far more culpable by getting drawn to the ball and letting his man run free. 

bayes is mowbrays fanboy,he would`nt take issue with him if we were bottom of the league by 15 points and conceding 4 goals a game

4 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Sorry but that looks like an atrociously weak team. Whoever is injured or waiting for fitness, it looks like last year's (inadequate) team but with major holes. How does TM keep his job is beyond me. 

Concerning thing for me is Trav and Evans being fit doesn’t change the ‘game changer’ options for the bench - whoever they knock out of the 11. We’re only missing Gallagher as Dack’s a good couple months away yet. A forward coming in is a must - if we go behind and need something off the bench, then there is absolutely zilch to turn the game.