BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Dolan did try to play passes in front of JRC a few times but there is a lack of pace for JRC. Perhaps something that might click when Nyambe comes back in

I like the Gallagher comparison someone made about JRC.

A very technically proficient player, but just lacks that athleticism needed to play at the highest level - for him, at his size, he lacks pace. 

Still very useful at this level though. 

• Like 1

That was superb but has to be said Wycombe are the play-off promoted side and even only got into the play-offs on an arithmetic adjustment. They started really well but we held out for the first ten minutes.

Loved that sweeping move end to end for the 3rd.

Dolan looking unplayable in advanced positions.

• Like 1

This is the Rovers that we want to see every week. Excellent performances all around. 

I'm trying to temper my excitement given it's only Wycombe, but we also had really good performances against Bournemouth and Newcastle, so it really feels like we've turned a leaf a bit and we could be for an exciting season. I just really like this current team and I don't think I've felt this way about a Rovers team since Hughes. 

• Like 5

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Anyone that doesn’t rate Rothwell is out of their mind. Finally playing in his best position.

Just a brilliant performance so far, even Johnson has done some good things.

the problem with rothwell is he will most likely have a run of terrible games after this one,he was awesome at home against brentford last year,then had 10 bad games after that

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I like the Gallagher comparison someone made about JRC.

A very technically proficient player, but just lacks that athleticism needed to play at the highest level - for him, at his size, he lacks pace. 

Still very useful at this level though. 

Still young enough to be worked upon me thinks. Parachute and sprinting for pace training? Not sure if there are new methods these days

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Anyone that doesn’t rate Rothwell is out of their mind. Finally playing in his best position.

Just a brilliant performance so far, even Johnson has done some good things.

The attacking players will rightly pick up the plaudits, but Johnson has been vital to our success in that half. 

Brilliant first 45 by basically everyone, hopefully Buckley can get decent minutes in the second half.

• Like 1

Don’t understand the Rankin-Costello negativity. I think if you look at his performance and forget about Nyambe, and your feelings about his non-involvement you’ll see JRC is completely competent. 

Much better than Bell, and fine margins wise if his shot off the post goes in I don’t think anybody says anything about him.

We’re 3-0 up and somehow the forum still finds a way to have a dig at somebody ?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

the problem with rothwell is he will most likely have a run of terrible games after this one,he was awesome at home against brentford last year,then had 10 bad games after that

I love Rothwell. But he’s sooo inconsistent. This  formation does suit him though so fingers crossed.

Just now, JoeH said:

Don’t understand the Rankin-Costello negativity. I think if you look at his performance and forget about Nyambe, and your feelings about his non-involvement you’ll see JRC is completely competent. 

Much better than Bell, and fine margins wise if his shot off the post goes in I don’t think anybody says anything about him.

We’re 3-0 up and somehow the forum still finds a way to have a dig at somebody ?

JRC is a cracking talent. People just nit picking...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex l said:

For all the comments about Ayala arriving, it's Williams standing out at the back. Maybe it's the skipper who needs to worried for his shirt

He's looked better than Lennihan at centre half on many occasions last season. I like Lennihan but he's definitely overrated due to his no nonsense attitude. Amount of goals conceded don't lie. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Have said it for a long time mate. Williams is a standard Championship CB and a crap LB. He gets a lot of unfair criticism from some. 

In the Summer Transfer Window thread I've been adamant that Lenihan, A.N. Other (which we now know is Ayala), Williams and Wharton is more than enough at CB for us to compete at the top of the table. 

LB is the main concern - and continues to be. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miker said:

This is the Rovers that we want to see every week. Excellent performances all around. 

I'm trying to temper my excitement given it's only Wycombe, but we also had really good performances against Bournemouth and Newcastle, so it really feels like we've turned a leaf a bit and we could be for an exciting season. I just really like this current team and I don't think I've felt this way about a Rovers team since Hughes. 

I like this team when everyone is played in their correct position.

I also like this formation - which is going to be difficult to maintain when Dack comes back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

He always performs when played in CM.

He's inconsistent when played AML. 

• Like 2

On 16/09/2020 at 16:10, Mercer said:

A home banker, a licence to print money, an opportunity to get a free season ticket if you are bold and brave!

£660 on Rovers to win at 3/5 or 1.6 (whichever odds selection you prefer) will get you your free season ticket.

It's going to be a long and difficult season for Wycombe as their opening 1-0 defeat at the hands of mighty Rotherham showed.  

Opportunities like this don't come along very often and we've had two good performances so far at relegated Bournemouth and PL Newcastle so this should be a stroll in the park.

Oh, Mercer, Mercer; why on earth did I not act on this?? I could have afforded a Mercer-esque bottle of Red tonight!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Best for a long time.

Dolan is exceptional, he looks head and shoulders above the rest of the side to me, the fact he is only 18 is neither here nor there.

Brereton also did really well in the build up for the third.

Hope we don't take our foot off the gas too much 2nd half.

I'm not on the hype train yet.

He's quick, energetic and can beat a man - I want to see the rest of his game develop before crowning him. He's made a promising start to his career here so far though.