BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

Dear me, God help Wycombe if they are shipping 5 goals against Rovers.

On the other hand, really exciting score for us. Ama is a our top star obviously. And Dolan is rising very fast. Especially with Dack hopefully not too far off, we can have a solid attacking force. The key will be strengthening the team before the transfer window closes to make the best out of it and not miss the opportunity. 

Just now, Mr. E said:

Dear me, God help Wycombe if they are shipping 5 goals against Rovers.

On the other hand, really exciting score for us. Ama is a our top star obviously. And Dolan is rising very fast. Especially with Dack hopefully not too far off, we can have a solid attacking force. The key will be strengthening the team before the transfer window closes to make the best out of it and not miss the opportunity. 

I don't think that's fair - we've never struggled to score goals at this level.

If Wycombe have anything to worry about it's that they didn't trouble us at the back.

• Like 2

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Great all round performance today. It was Mowbray’s 700th managerial game as well so pleased he has this win to celebrate. 
Arma MOM but so many pleasing aspects from today. Dolan, Williams, Johnson and Holtby caught my eye. 

Thought Rothwell was immense too.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Every points to us being serious playoff contenders this season. Another fantastic performance. 

This is without Dack, Travis, Gally, Evans and Manning (?). Can only see positives right now. 

Mowbray has had a blinder of a pre-season if he's signed Kaminsky, Ayala, Manning and Dolan.

More so if he's found a role for Holtby, continues to play Rothwell at CM and keeps the door open for Brereton and Chapman.

Look like a different team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Put Travis, Dack, Ayala, Gally and Manning in that squad and it’s VERY strong. Still think we’ll get a CM and potentially a forward too.

Lots to be positive about...?

I think we've got enough cover upfront - I'd want to keep the door open for the promising U23s to make a breakthrough.

• Like 1

Very pleasantly surprised we kept a clean sheet. Thought Williams was immense!

Happy with my Armstrong golden boot bet at the moment! Dolan showing how fine the margins are for a young player... could’ve been on the scrap heap but instead he’s grabbed the opportunity with both hands, looks like he has the attitude to match his ability. So exciting!

Buckley has something of the Cowans and Tugay about him... we signed those players late in their careers. With the time on his side Buckley could have a hell of a career, hopefully with us.

Very satisfactory day at the office. Still pissed off about Nyambe mind.

• Like 3

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Almost scored with his first touch though, shot from outside the box. Game like this and that late on, as a defensive midfielder, nothing much to be shown 

Yes, just read what I wrote again and realised that 'not the sort of player' could be interpreted as me saying saying that he didn't have Buckley's talent. I just meant that it's hard for a defensive midfielder to showcase what he has in his locker, like you say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think that's fair - we've never struggled to score goals at this level.

If Wycombe have anything to worry about it's that they didn't trouble us at the back.

Well the strange thing is that we always struggle to score against opposition we are heavily expected to beat....this is the first time in a long long while we've put a team to the sword when it's really been expected of us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Well the strange thing is that we always struggle to score against opposition we are heavily expected to beat....this is the first time in a long long while we've put a team to the sword when it's really been expected of us. 

Wycombe didn't set themselves up to be difficult to beat.

It's a different kettle of fish if they came here looking to defend and hit us on the counter. 

• Like 2

Remiss of me not to mention Buckley as well. After being initially sceptical of him, more down to his physique, I'm now a big fan.

It's a stark contrast to when the Academy churned out midfield athletes like J-Lo, this boy really can play. So comfortable on the ball, plays on the half turn, always looks to pass forward and has great vision. Got to find a way to get him in the team now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Put Travis, Dack, Ayala, Gally and Manning in that squad and it’s VERY strong. Still think we’ll get a CM and potentially a forward too.

Lots to be positive about...?

Not wanting to "moan" but I think the fact Evans and Gallagher are out of the reckoning is a huge bonus and I think their pedestrian style would be a huge hindrance to the free flowing line up we saw today.

Terrific stuff today.

Dolan. Wow, just wow. If he carries on like this we'll have to give him an improved contract to scare potential suitors off.

Brereton, did really well without scoring.

JRC very good game. First time I've been impressed with him.

Johnson ditto, best game he's had for the Club imo.

Chapman looked decent when he came on ditto Buckley.

Armstrong finally looked to be enjoying himself a bit more and you can't argue with four goals from two games.

Let's hope we can keep it up. We appear to have performed really well in the last 3 games and I hope the manager doesn't kill the momentum by mixing it up too much to give everyone a game.

Edit: forgot Rothwell, one of his better games.

Well done everyone!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I had a tenner on us so mercer if you could recommend a nice flavour of lambrini for the mrs that would be lovely ?

Sorry but not my scene!

Delighted with the result but there are bigger tests to come - sounds like Wycombe were as woeful as I thought they'd be but, having said that, you can only beat what's in front of you.

Extremely profitable day and even took £20 off a Burnley fan in the pub when our fifth went in!!! 

Confidence and momentum are everything - let's hope positivity is now flowing throw our players' veins and we give it a feckin good go.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Sorry but not my scene!

Delighted with the result but there are bigger tests to come - sounds like Wycombe were as woeful as I thought they'd be but, having said that, you can only beat what's in front of you.

Extremely profitable day and even took £20 off a Burnley fan in the pub when our fifth went in!!! 

Confidence and momentum are everything - let's hope positivity is now flowing throw our players' veins and we give it a feckin good go.

What were the odds on 5 goals. I want to know how much I've missed out on...

Just now, Mercer said:

Sorry but not my scene!

I was joking she’s more a blue nun kind of girl