BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He's the man at the top - judge him on what happens and when it goes right he deserves credit.

FFS! He had nothing to do with it. 

And actually credit to him for admitting he had nowt to do with it. Some other managers would have took all the credit. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 4

Wonderful stuff good to see all guns blazing and looking to put a side to the sword once there were on the ropes. It'll rarely deliver that result but same attitude needs applying all season then we might take a few real steps forward. 

Wycombe will struggle badly this season, nobodies fault just don't think they are equipped for this league at all yet.

31 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Gallagher will never be a winger as long as he has a hole in his arse

Gallagher has no wish to be a winger, just to be played as a striker.

Last January, we won 5-0 away at Sheff Wed with just as fine a performance. Many claimed it was the start of a new dawn. Sadly, it wasn't. Today should therefore come with a 'health warning'. There are some differences. This was the third successive such performance. A Blackburn Rovers scored a hattrick. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I was not pleased that Nyambe got left out or that Brereton was taken off. I thought there was a goal for Brereton in the game today. I don't think Chapman offered anything over Brereton, today.

It's hard to remember that Dolan was signed to play for our U23s, at times. He's taken his chance well. Made the most of his opportunity.

Last season, we lost to teams we should have easily beaten on paper. Today, we beat such a team on the pitch and met the expectations of Mercer, for one.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Last January, we won 5-0 away at Sheff Wed with just as fine a performance. Many claimed it was the start of a new dawn. Sadly, it wasn't. Today should therefore come with a 'health warning'. There are some differences. This was the third successive such performance. A Blackburn Rovers scored a hattrick. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I was not pleased that Nyambe got left out or that Brereton was taken off. I thought there was goal for Brereton in the game today. I don't think Chapman offered anything over Brereton today.

It's hard to remember that Dolan was signed to play for our U23s, at times. He's taken his chance well. Made the most of his opportunity.

Last season, we lost to teams we should have easily beaten on paper. Today, we beat such a team on the pitch and met the expectations of Mercer, for one.

DG in our first season back in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Did you put the £660 on? 

?

Not quite as I made it clear that I wouldn't buy a season ticket (with Mowbray and Waggott at the helm) even if I'd win the £62million Euro jackpot.!

However, I won £150 across two bets (Rovers to win and more than 1.5 goals in the match) so I put my money where my mouth is/was.  As a bonus, I also took £20 off a Burnley fan in the pub when our fifth went in.  So, all in all, a nice little earner today which will allow me to add some very decent reds to my wine stock.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I was not pleased that Nyambe got left out or that Brereton was taken off. I thought there was a goal for Brereton in the game today. I don't think Chapman offered anything over Brereton, today.

Long way to go yet for Dolan but just shows how crazy this league is and how every young player should get some sort of chance in it.

Not TMs biggest fan but he has to take credit for today. So many positives. 

We have some young players who look very, very promising. Armstrong continues his fine form. We may have found Rothwells place in the team. Our weaker players all put in solid performances, albeit against weak opposition but still pleasing to see. Of course 5 goals and a clean sheet helps too. 

The only negative is Nayambe being dropped after a good performance v Bournmouth. That won't endear him to stay whatsoever and we could be adding a right back to our lists of needs. Not ideal. 

However one negative, a ton of positives and a thumping win, so you can't be unhappy with that. Won't be getting carried away but it's good to know there's some quality there which should ease any worries against relegation. 

Oh, and it's worth mentioning these are the sorts of game that TM struggles with, when we are heavy favourites. So in this respect as well it's a significant win. Perhaps this formation is what we should use Vs weaker opposition and be a bit more canny and practical Vs tougher opposition? Food for thought. 

However, at least this time it is very positive food. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Don't disagree but Travis injury has left a big hole in midfield. We have Bell and Williams. The same LB's we've had for 3 seasons. 

Forgot about Williams tbh but he is not any better either. We have Buckley, Dack when back, Davenport, Bennett, Evans when back to cover Travis.