BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Forgot about Williams tbh but he is not any better either. We have Buckley, Dack when back, Davenport, Bennett, Evans when back to cover Travis. 

Evans, Buckley, Bennett and Davenport are  not good enough to be in a promoted squad

Edited by Sparks Rover

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not quite as I made it clear that I wouldn't buy a season ticket (with Mowbray and Waggott at the helm) even if I'd win the £62million Euro jackpot.!

However, I won £150 across two bets (Rovers to win and more than 1.5 goals in the match) so I put my money where my mouth is/was.  As a bonus, I also took £20 off a Burnley fan in the pub when our fifth went in.  So, all in all, a nice little earner today which will allow me to add some very decent reds to my wine stock.

What a healthy attitude. Just when the club needs your support more than ever.

Great result. Deserved a big win after the encouraging performances in the first two weeks. Very impressive.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not quite as I made it clear that I wouldn't buy a season ticket (with Mowbray and Waggott at the helm) even if I'd win the £62million Euro jackpot.!

However, I won £150 across two bets (Rovers to win and more than 1.5 goals in the match) so I put my money where my mouth is/was.  As a bonus, I also took £20 off a Burnley fan in the pub when our fifth went in.  So, all in all, a nice little earner today which will allow me to add some very decent reds to my wine stock.

Do you ever post your slips?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

What a healthy attitude. Just when the club needs your support more than ever.

Great result. Deserved a big win after the encouraging performances in the first two weeks. Very impressive.

When Waggott does something to demonstrate we really are 'in it together' then I might reciprocate.

IMO, diabolical stuff on ST's which will just alienate the fan base more.

• Like 2

Phenomenal result. I guess the question is does it really tell us much about future games?

For mid table and promotion games probably not. Wycombe have a dearth of quality which those teams will not. But then again we have really struggled against relegation battle teams in the last few years. They've tended to be physical, play direct and we have crumbled. So if it is a very positive sign that the players and the 433 not only stood up to the aerial bombardment - it actually thrived. The midfield and front three all seem to enjoy the formation more than a 4231 or a 4411. Dolan, Rothwell, Armstrong, Johnson, Holtby were all excellent and we were relentless and ruthless.

Although we have only won 2 from 4 competitive games I think we are shaping up well for the season. If we can replicate last terms mid table and leading pack results but add significant improvements to games against the bottom six-eight team we should make the playoffs.

That said Derby and Cardiff - 2 teams with similar ambitions to us and good quality - will tell us a lot more about where stand. If we win both those I will start getting excited.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Evans, Buckley, Bennett and Davenport are  not good enough to be in a promoted squad

As squad players? I'm sure tons of worse players have been in promoted squads.

Evans has actually been a regular starter in a promoted team before.

Good performance and victory to get us up and running. 3 points were essential. 5 goals and a clean sheet should get the confidence flowing. 

Some tough games coming up which will be more difficult than Wycombe but good stuff all around today. Time for a few beers in celebration.

• Like 3

Fantastic result and a really impressive performance. Hard to say where we're at and what we can hope for this sesson as it was only Wycombe but you can only beat what's in front of you. 

JRC a constant outlet from right back and is a great alternative to Nyambe in games like today when the emphasis is on attacking. Saying that I would bring Nyambe back in next weekend for a little bit more defensive stability. 

Really impressed with Rothwell today, fingers crossed the penny has dropped and he can kick on and continue contributing with assists (and a few goal). Not sure what else can be added about the boy Dolan, what a talent we have on our hands. 

Armstrong looking likely he will hit over 20 league goals this season, let's hope nobody comes in for him before the end of the window! 

COYB!! 

Edited by AJohnson
  • Like 5

After a week of more non football talk than actual football talk it was good to get three points and win so comfortably. In fact I can't remember such an easy win in many years as we were in total control all over the field. Hopefully the attacking mindset Mowbray is currently in carries on as I really think that on the front foot we look far better and much more likely to win football matches. With so many attacking players at his disposal it would be crazy not to play to that particular strength.

• Like 6